Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did someone steal my turbo?

Triplefat

So I have a 2016 Fist with a Cobb stage one kit running the 91oct tune with about 3000miles. So last night I drove down to the border for Cinco De Drinko. Cars running great like always, I have a little more than 1/4 tank of gas. Pull into the overnight lot, find a spot infront of a camera and say bye to my FiST. 15hrs later and many many... many tequila and mezcal shots later I stroll back into the good ol' US of A to find my FiST sparkling pretty just like I left her. Pull out the lot, pay the man, and proceed on my way home fondly reminiscing about the previous nights escapades. That's when I notice something strange when I go to merge on to the highway. No spoll noise and a serious lack of power. I pull over next exit thinking maybe someone fucked with my car and stole my turbo, Cat idk... Everything looks intake though. So has anyone else experienced anything like this? When I get home I'm planning on updating my V3 and reloading the Cobb Stage 1 tune thinking maybe it lost the tune for some odd reason and defaulted to some kind of low boost mode? No CEL by the way.

Bluedrank

LOL! Trust me, you'd know it if somebody stole your turbo.

Sounds like either a limp mode or some other low boost / valet tune that you accidentally enabled.

OP
Triplefat

Triplefat

Thread Starter #3
Nah i didn't really think someone stole the turbo just figured that's a catchy title though lol. And you were right, turns out i switched it onto the Econ map by mistake. Didn't even realize i could do that on the fly! I feel a little silly but mostly relieved. Thanks for the help!

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Glad you made it home safely. Thought maybe a pedestrian or cyclist caught underneath.