Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LSD Installation Thread

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
P/N for the shims and linky, please Rodmoe?
Like This Post Yes
Part Number, Part Description, Quantity, CorePrice, Price, SIZE

YS4Z4067KA SHIM-TRANSAXLE DIFF 1 $0.00 $35.21 .10

91WZ4067LA SHIM-TRANSAXLE DIFF 1 $0.00 $3.17 .20

YS4Z4067AA SHIM-TRANSAXLE DIFF 1 $0.00 $5.78 .30

YS4Z4067BA SHIM-TRANSAXLE DIFF 1 $0.00 $5.78 .40

91WZ4548CA SHIM-TRANSAXLE DIFF 1 $0.00 $55.52 .50

YS4Z4067DA SHIM-TRANSAXLE DIFF 1 $0.00 $6.01 .60

YS4Z4067EA SHIM-TRANSAXLE DIFF 1 $0.00 $6.08 .70

YS4Z4067FA SHIM-TRANAXLE DIFF 1 $0.00 $32.30 .80

YS4Z4067GA SHIM-TRANSAXLE DIFF 1 $0.00 $3.78 .90

YS4Z4067HA SHIM-TRANSAXLE DIFF 1 $0.00 $6.84 1.00

YS4Z4067JA SHIM-TRANSAXLE DIFF 1 $0.00 $3.94 1.10

I took out the retail price of the above so your prices may be different it was over a year ago and when I ordered I mixed and matched sizes to avoid the to really high priced shims..

Ford parts linky

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #62
Thanks so much for your help. I've decided to chill out for a day (the moon seems to be in F/YOU) as all kinds of things are running amok. I'll try TASCA for the bolts; Mountune has the bearings and seals; and Ben Ashton at Quaife in the U.K. gave me the contact info for a supplier there, Burton Performance Centre.

So, on the one hand I'm really frustrated with Mountune for not being able to provide the install kits they show on their site; and, on the other, I'm sure Mountune is frustrated with Ford for not making the parts available. It will all work out.

Classic 'First World" problem.

Thanks, again, for your help!

And I'll follow up with information as I get it.
I have found this car tends to make one wait a lot on parts and it helps me learn patience .. Still frustrating but look forward to your results and how you like the LSD once it is installed .. :)

Also try yuor local ford dealer I was lead to beleive these bolts are common so a dealer may have them instock.. if not well it is worth a try anyhow..

Hey Rodmoe,
I'm prepping for LSD install as well, Ford has provided the following
2x BEARING Part# 96WT 4220 A3A
10x BOLTS Part# W 700427 S300
2x SEAL Part# 93ZT 3K169 A9C
and various shim sizes which I wont get into.
Am I missing anything?

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #64
Hey Rodmoe,
I'm prepping for LSD install as well, Ford has provided the following
2x BEARING Part# 96WT 4220 A3A
10x BOLTS Part# W 700427 S300
2x SEAL Part# 93ZT 3K169 A9C
and various shim sizes which I wont get into.
Am I missing anything?
Looks good plus the normal shop supplies like some sort of loctite when you mate the case back together..

Gagh not sure what went wrong but my clutch slave cylinder seals failed after everything went back in. now stuck waiting for a replacement part.

edit:

After investigating this failure and talking with various parts supplier, apparently the slave cylinder is a common part between a few different vehicles and are prone to failure. I recommend anyone opening up the gearbox to change this part at the same time.

"The hydraulic slave cylinder on all these vehicles is prone to leaking, especially when removing the gearbox and or changing the clutch as this can disturb the seal."

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...&search=true&year=2014&make=Ford&model=Fiesta
DG9Z7A564B

Quaife Quest Quoncluded.

I picked up my car this morning, Quaife installed, and had a couple of hours just to drive around. No real tests, as it's summer here in Maine, a/k/a "Vacationland," and my favorite roads are full of tourists (reasonably) looking at the scenery. However, that being said, and after a few highway on&off ramps, merges, and stoplights, I'm pretty impressed. Any real tests remain, although we'll be driving West through the mountains to Vermont this Thursday then back on Sunday. My boost numbers also seem consistently higher, despite the humid weather; not sure if there's any connection, but the car does feel stronger. Not a mod for the faint of heart (or wallet), but so far, so good. Actually, really, really good.

The car continues to impress, and the engine and the drivetrain (having just been taken apart, inspected, and then put back together) are really solid.

meFiSTo

Quaife Quest Quoncluded.

I picked up my car this morning, Quaife installed, and had a couple of hours just to drive around. No real tests, as it's summer here in Maine, a/k/a "Vacationland," and my favorite roads are full of tourists (reasonably) looking at the scenery. However, that being said, and after a few highway on&off ramps, merges, and stoplights, I'm pretty impressed. Any real tests remain, although we'll be driving West through the mountains to Vermont this Thursday then back on Sunday. My boost numbers also seem consistently higher, despite the humid weather; not sure if there's any connection, but the car does feel stronger. Not a mod for the faint of heart (or wallet), but so far, so good. Actually, really, really good.

The car continues to impress, and the engine and the drivetrain (having just been taken apart, inspected, and then put back together) are really solid.
I recommend you visit Palmer Motorsports Park in MA with your car. It's probably 3 hours from your location. Get some legit laps in at a high-performance driving school, such as the one offered by Audi. I bet the LSD will be a revelation for you in that setting. Corner exit at speed out of a slow-speed sequence onto any kind of WOT straight. You will smile.

chi

I read somewhere that an LSD will require disabling ABS on our cars? Can anyone here confirm that?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I read somewhere that an LSD will require disabling ABS on our cars? Can anyone here confirm that?
No, to fully bypass Torque vectoring you will need to disable abs.

The LSD will work but you will still have that torque vectoring nanny in the way

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When I did my first transaxle drain and fill, 2 liters of the Gear 300 was more than enough.

I don't see how that would change with the LSD install except that maybe a little more is needed because you are possibly getting every little drop of the old fluid out with the disassembly. ([dunno])

codestp202

Any way we can get the photos working again? Looking at the Mfactory diff + ford install kit and doing it myself.
[MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Any way we can get the photos working again? Looking at the Mfactory diff + ford install kit and doing it myself.
[MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION]
interesting. my M-Factory LSD just came in couple days ago and You're the only one who mentioned M-Factory
which is pretty much the same as Quaife but about $400 cheaper.
Gear box is now removed and I'll start the installing today.
that's the reason I found this tread lol.
removing gearbox was fairly easy with the exception of one bolt access to which is blocked by turbo outlet w/cat.
stupid Ford design!
anyway my car is a 2015 ST stage rally car.
the build was finished only a few days before the rally and i just didn't have time to install LSD
and didn't even tune it though was run with 32 mm turbo restrictor.
had to run it with open diff and un-tuned and it totally sucked!
well on the other hand it was pretty much a test drive and now getting ready for the next rally
in the end of September. should be ready go be pushed.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
interesting. my M-Factory LSD just came in couple days ago and You're the only one who mentioned M-Factory
removing gearbox was fairly easy with the exception of one bolt access to which is blocked by turbo outlet w/cat.
stupid Ford design!
the build was finished only a few days before the rally and i just didn't have time to install LSD
well on the other hand it was pretty much a test drive and now getting ready for the next rally
Any pictures of this thing?

codestp202

stupid Ford design!
I'd like to see any pics you have! Including just the car