Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Windshield Sun Shades

Making this post to see if anyone has purchased a fitted windshield sun shade.

Already warming up in Texas and need to get one ASAP. Was looking to have a quality one with direct fitment. Been using the one out of my Honda Fit but it a bit to large.

I am assuming they didn't change that window from fiesta to fiesta st, but just to make sure, anyone bought one yet? Please give a link if you have.

Respectfully,
James

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I've been using this crappy 2 piece folding one since I got my car. A fitted one would be nice since this thing falls down alllllll the time!

OP
Xanergy
Thread Starter #4
The ones I ordered are FD-33-R. Hopefully it is the same fit.

TheStig

I got one from my dealer a month ago, its already warm here in AZ. It says sun guard or something on it, but its very nice. Thick and well made, doesn't appear to be as cheap as my walmart special that fell apart from sun-rot. This one doesn't appear to have any cloth at all, its all plastics and vinyl.

I got one from my dealer a month ago, its already warm here in AZ. It says sun guard or something on it, but its very nice. Thick and well made, doesn't appear to be as cheap as my walmart special that fell apart from sun-rot. This one doesn't appear to have any cloth at all, its all plastics and vinyl.
As a fellow Arizona driver I am looking for one ASAP! Can you posted a photo of the one you bought and the fit? Shoot me a PM about car meets with other AZ FiST owners as well. Thanks

TheStig

As a fellow Arizona driver I am looking for one ASAP! Can you posted a photo of the one you bought and the fit? Shoot me a PM about car meets with other AZ FiST owners as well. Thanks
Welcome my friend. I got my car at San Tan Ford and their service department had the sunshades there in stock. Its about 14 months old and gets used alot, shows zero wear and im very happy with the purchase. It was built to fit the Fiesta so its fit and finish is perfect aswell.

Ive not been to a AZ FiST meet, dont know if there has been one. Only 3-4 members on here are from AZ and actively post. I personally am a recluse, tend to do stuff myself or currently stay home to avoid the heat.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Making this post to see if anyone has purchased a fitted windshield sun shade.

Already warming up in Texas and need to get one ASAP. Was looking to have a quality one with direct fitment. Been using the one out of my Honda Fit but it a bit to large.

I am assuming they didn't change that window from fiesta to fiesta st, but just to make sure, anyone bought one yet? Please give a link if you have.

Respectfully,
James
Good quality Sunshades are a "must have" here where I live...

I've had Covercraft Insulated Sunshades on my last few vehicles...Exceptional quality and custom fitment that really holds up well here in the SoCal Low Desert with our intense sun where ambient temps can reach 115~120 during the peak summer months...

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A1228A0A0.aspx

[video=youtube;C4F6WCe1A5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4F6WCe1A5g[/video]

Good quality Sunshades are a "must have" here where I live...

I've had Covercraft Insulated Sunshades on my last few vehicles...Exceptional quality and custom fitment that really holds up well here in the SoCal Low Desert with our intense sun where ambient temps can reach 115~120 during the peak summer months...

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A1228A0A0.aspx

[video=youtube;C4F6WCe1A5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4F6WCe1A5g[/video]

BoostBumps you have sold me on this sun shade. Also your build is AWESOME!! I have been looking at it all afternoon. Very nice work still reading over everything. Might PM you with somee questions but once again thanks for selling me on the sun shade here in PHX AZ its get HOTTTTT!!

Just got 2 of these covercraft sunshades delivered today. 1 for my ST and one for my Mustang. These are very nice they are pricey but very nice quality and fit perfectly. I just need the ST windows tinted and I'll be set.

Siestarider

When I was having my windows tinted, the salesman told me about a new 3M product, "crystal something", that could be used on windshield. So I tried it. Having lived in Fla a long time I am accustomed to getting into hot cars, tinted windows or not. This 3M film is unbelievable. Interior temps with windows up are 10-20 degrees F cooler since the film installed. Pricey, so I only used it on windshield. Used the next best stuff on the rest of windows. Huge benefit overall.

When I was having my windows tinted, the salesman told me about a new 3M product, "crystal something", that could be used on windshield. So I tried it. Having lived in Fla a long time I am accustomed to getting into hot cars, tinted windows or not. This 3M film is unbelievable. Interior temps with windows up are 10-20 degrees F cooler since the film installed. Pricey, so I only used it on windshield. Used the next best stuff on the rest of windows. Huge benefit overall.
I thought about doing that on mine, but I've heard mixed reviews about nighttime driving and the oil sheen effect with polarized glasses. Ended up just ordering a covercraft from JCWhitney, with a 20% off coupon and ebates cashback, it came out to like 38 shipped.

I got one of these at the local Wal-Mart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Expressions-Magic-Shade-Super-Jumbo-Windshield-Shade-Grey/879605

The smaller one is too small so you have to get the jumbo/XL/etc sized one. With my windshield also have ceramic tint on it, I have no issues in FL. Highly recommend tinting the windshield with ceramic too; huge difference from my wife's 5th gen Rabbit that only has the windshield strip at the top.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I just got one of these Intro-Tech custom ones, and it works well-
http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A4065A0A0.aspx

I had a generic one that was labelled jumbo size. It was about 27" tall, and would barely fit under the bottom of one sun visor ,so it wouldn't stay in place. Our cars have tall windshields. This custom one is 35" high and fits perfectly. It was on sale for $32.
The more expensive custom ones, $50-$55, mostly have rigid panels that fold up. I have a Covercraft UVS100 one for my other car and like it.This one I just got rolls and is a bit flexible. I got it because room is tight in the car and I thought it would be easier to pull it from the driver's seat through the gap between the front seats from the floor in back where I keep it.