Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

will running E40 or e85 tunes to lower track temps?

I am hoping to get my Fist to the track her in the Fall once I can drive again (Injury). I have seen a fair bit about temps being an issue so I will have to figure something out for that and probably the brakes as well. I do have an E85 station about an hour away so I could run down and fill up my gas cans with it and mix in and get it tuned for E40. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback as to weather that would help out with the overheating issues since a E40 tune should run a little cooler. I don't really want to drop in a huge radiator if I can manage with a stage 2 E40 tune and maybe a diy oil cooler setup.

In theory it should help, in practice you will still need oil cooler (<70F ambient days) and bigger radiator (>70F ambient days).

Yeah, it should cool the charge and help with detonation. But I wouldn't expect help with oil or coolant temps.