Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone receive the Sync 3 automatic WiFi update yet?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
does it only download when the car is running?
According to the Sync 3 Supplemental Manual, it can continue downloading for up to 30 minutes after you shut the car off.

Mine is also auto-downloading this in an odd way. It said it was downloading the update two weeks ago, and showed a progress bar about 40% complete. Then, it didn't say that again until today, when I was pulling into my garage where it picked up my wifi, it again said it was downloading the update, with less progress shown on the progress bar. Two different people at Ford told me it can take 30 days.

Last edited:
If you won't want to wait for the download go to Fords site and download the update file and put on a USB drive. Should only take 20 minutes to install. Simple plug it in and it will start the install.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
For those who have the Sync 2.2 update, how is the voice command and USB recognition-ie not understanding a song request, not recognizing the USB stick and defaulting to FM?
I probably won't use Android Auto, so improvement in these other things would be my main hope?

Ford Community Posts