Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone receive the Sync 3 automatic WiFi update yet?

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Spoke with Ford today after seeing on the Sync 3 site that automatic updates have started for our cars. Site said some will have been updated last week. The person I spoke on the phone with said over the next month all that have WiFi will be updated. Mine as of this morning has not updated but the Ford Rep said they have no clue as to the order Ford will update the cars. So I will leave Wifi enabled and hope to wake up with an update soon.

Has anyone found their car updated yet?

And Android auto actually works now thank haven't gotten the official update used the leaked version from Ford uk binaries

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

joesiris

yeah ive been waiting as well, have wifi turned on but it wont just auto update...I really wish you could manually update but there is no option for that, as you know when you select the auto update "button" it has message saying that anytime car is connected to wifi and an update is available it will update, well not so much in my case, I guess Ill keep waiting

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Mine started updating over wi-fi (auto-updates enabled obviously) 4-5 trips ago, and is still only about 40% downloaded on the progress bar. I called Ford and asked them why it was taking so long, and the rep said it's a big file, ~32 GB if it was on a flash drive, and that it could take up to 30 days to complete. She also said it can download all night after you cut the car off near your wi-fi, but the Sync3 manual clearly says it only continues for 30 minutes. So I guess I'll just wait and see if it will finish downloading.
She said it's called version 2.2 and has Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Have you checked the sync my ride website if you can download the official from the site or you having flash drive issues also?

joesiris

I just kinda didn't want to mess with the flash drive thing, but If I had to I would I guess. id have to watch a tutorial or something first cuz I'm not sure how it really works that way

Mine started updating over wi-fi (auto-updates enabled obviously) 4-5 trips ago, and is still only about 40% downloaded on the progress bar. I called Ford and asked them why it was taking so long, and the rep said it's a big file, ~32 GB if it was on a flash drive, and that it could take up to 30 days to complete. She also said it can download all night after you cut the car off near your wi-fi, but the Sync3 manual clearly says it only continues for 30 minutes. So I guess I'll just wait and see if it will finish downloading.
She said it's called version 2.2 and has Android Auto/Apple Carplay
Err...its less then 2 GB, the update has been available for like 5 months now if you were willing to do it yourself. I did it months ago via flash drive, no problems and much quicker than waiting on the car to auto download it.

I just kinda didn't want to mess with the flash drive thing, but If I had to I would I guess. id have to watch a tutorial or something first cuz I'm not sure how it really works that way
Need a flashdrive with no other partitions on it
https://www.all4os.com/windows/properly-delete-a-partition-on-usb-drive-using-diskpart.html
Download your update from Ford site unzip it or follow their instructions to getting it onto the flash drive
Then you just turn the car on insert th drive and the deck should start doing the update as long as your not one of the many that are having issues but you have e to try to find out.
Proper time is 20 minutes I've read people where it took an HR and worked but longer then that and no go.

joesiris

thank you for the info...is it worth it? I saw that while in android auto play some sync stuff doesn't work, does the update completely change the feel?

liltrbo16

I received they update via Wi-Fi the other day but Android auto isn't working. I did enable it in the settings. Anyone know what would be causing it to not work?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I downloaded it yesterday to a flash drive and installed yesterday. No problem installing it per Ford instructions. Only problem was uploading the xml file back to Ford.

Did update through USB drive...all is working fine (-system is very buggy).... could not find the xml file to send to ford..how did you do it westcoast?

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Look in the folder on the USB drive for an xml file. I've had problems sending this file. Update went well. I'm going to try direct connect tonight. Bluetooth plays audio apps. Looking to use Google maps, if possible.

yeah ive been waiting as well, have wifi turned on but it wont just auto update...I really wish you could manually update but there is no option for that, as you know when you select the auto update "button" it has message saying that anytime car is connected to wifi and an update is available it will update, well not so much in my case, I guess Ill keep waiting
My Ford pass app gives the option to upgrade using a 32 gb flash drive from your computer

joesiris

yeah ive been contemplating it, I just didn't want to mess with it if I didn't have to...its says that its starting the update now, but when I look at the download progress bar it hasn't even moved a single sliver, and that was almost 2 weeks ago, I don't think my wifi is strong enough, and does it only download when the car is running?