Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Suspension Mods Available

Original J-Pat

What suspension mods are available for the FiST? I know Mishimoto has the trunk brace, Pierce Motorsports has their products, and also the anti-sway bars by some companies. This car is my daily driver but wanted to search to see if there is anything to improve that will make a big difference. Shoot away...[loveboost]

The Bilstein struts with stock springs... what does that do for ya? First I'm hearing about it. As to OP's question, there are a ton of lowering springs and coil overs out there, just depends on what your goals are.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
The Bilstein struts with stock springs... what does that do for ya? First I'm hearing about it. As to OP's question, there are a ton of lowering springs and coil overs out there, just depends on what your goals are.
It is interspersed in the B8 Mountune thread. Local chap has it and has made an improvement on broken/poor road conditions.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...-Sport-Springs?p=231111&viewfull=1#post231111

Waterfan

Everything except bags, and LCAs seem to be readily/commonly available from multiple, reputable vendors. 1st 3 pages in this forum should show you 90%+ of the options.

OP
Original J-Pat
Thread Starter #8
I was also thinking about bracing if that is even a good option I dislike the nose diving when braking.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was also thinking about bracing if that is even a good option I dislike the nose diving when braking.
That's more a function of/dependent upon; front and rear damper rebound/compression settings (more rear rebound, and more front compression), brake biasing, and spring rates, than any bracing which can be done. ;)

Waterfan

RE: "big difference":

#1 best performance tires you can afford, preferably with lightweight 16 or 15" wheels, optimally with wheels wider than OEM 7" (7.5 or 8)
#2 every other suspension mod (linear lowering springs w/OEM shocks or coilovers probably next "biggest difference". Front lower stress bar after that)

Waterfan

That's more a function of/dependent upon; front and rear damper rebound/compression settings (more rear rebound, and more front compression), brake biasing, and spring rates, than any bracing which can be done. ;)
+1 bracing has no effect on dive/squat

Waterfan

RE: "big difference":

#1 best performance tires you can afford, preferably with lightweight 16 or 15" wheels, optimally with wheels wider than OEM 7" (7.5 or 8)
#2 every other suspension mod (linear lowering springs w/OEM shocks or coilovers probably next "biggest difference". Front lower stress bar after that)
Actually, it is considered a transmission mod, but adding LSD positively and significantly impacts handling during cornering. More than great tires? Probably not, but I have no idea/no experience.