Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stupid questions about burnouts

So, my new tires were delivered and I still have some thread on my FiST's tires (40k miles). This is my first manual car and would like to take some slow motion videos of burnouts. How do I go about doing this without breaking anything?

Should I rev it to 4kish, pull the e-brakes, then floor it? Do e-brakes only lock the rear wheels? I've seen some videos where people would immediately slam on the brakes after letting go of the clutch; does this wear down the brake pads? I

Thanks.

-Joe

zanethan

No just no. Don't do it.

Without getting into the physics and brake bias involved in burnouts. Just know that front wheel drive cars are NOT set up to do burnouts. If you attempt one you will most likely break something.

haste

1000 Post Club
This is about what you will get on the FiST without breaking anything...nothing spectacular. :p

[video]https://youtu.be/gBPBUReY7VM?t=60[/video]

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
You won't break anything, I've done them a few times to test out Cobbs burnt out mode. On 91 tune it was pretty boring on my e30 tune it spins way more and actually feels like a burnout. Those vids you see people slamming the brakes right after are rear wheel drive and if you do that in the FiST you're going to stall the car or break something.

You'll most likely do a one wheel peel for most of it, but other than that, I'm stage one COBB OTS tune and I've done a few burnouts here and there. Not like once a week or anything but enough to know that the car is perfectly capable of a burnout without breaking anything. Just make sure you're not the tool that let the clutch burn instead of your tires.

My "best burnouts" were once at the drag strip prepping for a run and once in a parking lot in mexico with permission from the business behind the loading bays. Left some rubber and saw some smoke. My car is doing just fine.

XuperXero

I had same issue as OP and since it was front wheel drive car. I opted a different method....

[video]https://scontent-tpe1-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/11768363_106939322990312_336436006_n.mp4[/video]