Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tune Revision Turn Over Time

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
So you're complaint is that when you finally get around to sending them your logs, they should get a rev back to you quickly. I wonder how many of those 96 days you quoted are actually your fault. We know at least 11 of them are. I mean, if you want your revs so quickly, why not get them the logs just as fast or faster?

And to the point, I personally prefer their approach. Shops that turn a rev around in a day aren't giving it that personal touch. Not that tunes with quick turn arounds are bad, just that something given thorough attention and care is inherently better imo. I hope Alex continues to work at his pace and turn out the excellent tunes he does. It's worth the wait.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
It's hard to take someone seriously when they don't know the difference between your and you're.

And yes, that's exactly what my complaint is and always has been - turn around time from one tune to the next ONCE THE LOGS HAVE BEEN PROVIDED.

I'm disabled - sorry I can't get out and get my logs done at the drop of a hat. I'm not operating a business that demands my logs to maintain customer satisfaction though am I? I'm really puzzled by the fact that individuals are using the time I take to reply with logs to base the time it takes Stratified to return them. They are completely independent as I understand it.

If Alex is the only one reviewing logs I feel sorry for him - he has to be able to delegate more tasks and grow with the business. Otherwise lead times will continue to get away from him (or he'll alienate customers or stop taking work).

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's hard to take someone seriously when they don't know the difference between your and you're.

And yes, that's exactly what my complaint is and always has been - turn around time from one tune to the next ONCE THE LOGS HAVE BEEN PROVIDED.

I'm disabled - sorry I can't get out and get my logs done at the drop of a hat. I'm not operating a business that demands my logs to maintain customer satisfaction though am I? I'm really puzzled by the fact that individuals are using the time I take to reply with logs to base the time it takes Stratified to return them. They are completely independent as I understand it.

If Alex is the only one reviewing logs I feel sorry for him - he has to be able to delegate more tasks and grow with the business. Otherwise lead times will continue to get away from him (or he'll alienate customers or stop taking work).
First, i tapped it out on my phone on the shitter so i left the auto correct to handle it. Grammar wars YAY! lol

Second, logs and turn around are indeed independent. Does this mean the 96 days you quoted accounts for said independence? My asssssumption is that it you just subtracted today from day 1 of contact.

And finally, if by some chance Alex is the only person reviewing logs, then at least we would know that the tunes would be of consistent quality. I doubt that as we know there is at least two of them working tunes. But again, to absolutely pulverize the horse, i prefer Alex over a shop that has 10 monkeys pouring over logs in the name of quantity over quality.

That being said, you obviously picked the wrong turner for YOUR (I'm back at my desk :p) needs. Canada???? I'd be in a rush too! lol

Man I don't get you tuner brown nosers...

This man paid for a product he never truly received.
You might as well take them to small claims court if you never receive your tune

Most of these guys have a great vision but lack the man power

I think you should just stick with OTS tunes from cobb accessport or what not, that way you wouldn't be running "stock". Seems like waiting isn't something that you are fond of. It may be due to expectations on faster turn around times that others who purchased Alex's OTS map. I purchased their OTS map and their turn around time was quicker compared to their custom tune. Prior to purchasing Strat. custom tune I knew there would be a bit waiting / long turn around time. For me that was based off the reading the description and checking out the waiting list prior to purchasing. I've had custom tunes from Freek (which is currently about a week turn around after logs are sent) and DHM. I'd always swap back to stratified. I much prefer the driveabliity of the tune. One thing I noticed is that Strat. requires you to log more parameters than the others. Knowing that each parameter is being analyzed when sending back the logs and getting revisions knowing my engine wouldn't KB.

I do understand you're(grammar [dictate]) frustration. I just don't think we need to start a grammar war. I also don't think the need to state you having a disability to prove a point was necessary. However, I believe that we all understand the point that you're disatisifed with the wait time and the quality of service that you believe you've received.

[chair] ( couldn't find the beating dead horse one :X)

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
First, i tapped it out on my phone on the shitter so i left the auto correct to handle it. Grammar wars YAY! lol

Second, logs and turn around are indeed independent. Does this mean the 96 days you quoted accounts for said independence? My asssssumption is that it you just subtracted today from day 1 of contact.

And finally, if by some chance Alex is the only person reviewing logs, then at least we would know that the tunes would be of consistent quality. I doubt that as we know there is at least two of them working tunes. But again, to absolutely pulverize the horse, i prefer Alex over a shop that has 10 monkeys pouring over logs in the name of quantity over quality.

That being said, you obviously picked the wrong turner for YOUR (I'm back at my desk :p) needs. Canada???? I'd be in a rush too! lol
You're correct - I just used the time difference between when I purchased the tune and when Alex decided he had better things to do than provide me with a tune. Although the time it took to to receive my tunes may not be normal, I know of at least one other person who has spent a considerable amount of time getting their tune completed.

Here is the summary of when logs were sent and when I received the tunes:

Received ---------- Sent ---------- Delay by Stratified ---------- Delay by Customer
May 24 ---------- May 12 ------------- 12 --------------------------- 0
May 12 ---------- May 6 ------------- 6 --------------------------- 23
April 13 ---------- April 6 ------------- 6 --------------------------- 2
April 4 ---------- April 3 ------------- 1 --------------------------- 6
March 28 ---------- March 24 ---------- 4 --------------------------- 3
March 21 ---------- March 16 --------- 5 --------------------------- 0

So, it's obvious their turn around time started off around a week, got better, then got considerably worse. The time where it took me 23 days to turn around logs is where I had a visitor from Europe in town along with a spinal injection which delayed my turn around time - I had more pressing concerns.

I think you should just stick with OTS tunes from cobb accessport or what not, that way you wouldn't be running "stock". Seems like waiting isn't something that you are fond of. It may be due to expectations on faster turn around times that others who purchased Alex's OTS map. I purchased their OTS map and their turn around time was quicker compared to their custom tune. Prior to purchasing Strat. custom tune I knew there would be a bit waiting / long turn around time. For me that was based off the reading the description and checking out the waiting list prior to purchasing. I've had custom tunes from Freek (which is currently about a week turn around after logs are sent) and DHM. I'd always swap back to stratified. I much prefer the driveabliity of the tune. One thing I noticed is that Strat. requires you to log more parameters than the others. Knowing that each parameter is being analyzed when sending back the logs and getting revisions knowing my engine wouldn't KB.

I do understand you're(grammar [dictate]) frustration. I just don't think we need to start a grammar war. I also don't think the need to state you having a disability to prove a point was necessary. However, I believe that we all understand the point that you're disatisifed with the wait time and the quality of service that you believe you've received.

[chair] ( couldn't find the beating dead horse one :X)
A full understanding of the situation is key - I'm not running a stock turbo, but thanks for the input.

I've also noticed the number of variables that Stratified has the individual log - initially this worked in their favour regarding my opinion of the level of attention to detail I was looking for. Now it works against them, they need to progress to a point where their tunes aren't so individualized as it takes so much longer to produce a final product. Instead of starting fresh with each tune it would only seem reasonable to build a database of each tune / car and their specific modifications and elevations to make providing new customers with tunes much more readily. But hey, maybe I'm too organized for the tuning world.

Regarding my disability - he asked why I didn't turn around the logs in a few hours if it was so important to me, AND stated that if I had done so, I would have received the tunes faster. Basically he wanted a legitimate reason why I don't move so fast - I gave him one. It's not like I've been using it as a crutch in this argument and so we move on.

I really find it hilarious (with 24 hours to think about it) that Alex is so thin skinned that he can't take criticism on the turn around time for his product. I never identified the tune as the problem and yet offence to the quality of the product released was taken.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You're correct - I just used the time difference between when I purchased the tune and when Alex decided he had better things to do than provide me with a tune. Although the time it took to to receive my tunes may not be normal, I know of at least one other person who has spent a considerable amount of time getting their tune completed.

Here is the summary of when logs were sent and when I received the tunes:

Received ---------- Sent ---------- Delay by Stratified ---------- Delay by Customer
May 24 ---------- May 12 ------------- 12 --------------------------- 0
May 12 ---------- May 6 ------------- 6 --------------------------- 23
April 13 ---------- April 6 ------------- 6 --------------------------- 2
April 4 ---------- April 3 ------------- 1 --------------------------- 6
March 28 ---------- March 24 ---------- 4 --------------------------- 3
March 21 ---------- March 16 --------- 5 --------------------------- 0

So, it's obvious their turn around time started off around a week, got better, then got considerably worse. The time where it took me 23 days to turn around logs is where I had a visitor from Europe in town along with a spinal injection which delayed my turn around time - I had more pressing concerns.
Thanks for breaking that out in such detail. Yes that single 12 day wait would probably get under my skin too but I honestly don't see a problem with a 1 week turn around.

A full understanding of the situation is key - I'm not running a stock turbo, but thanks for the input.

I've also noticed the number of variables that Stratified has the individual log - initially this worked in their favour regarding my opinion of the level of attention to detail I was looking for. Now it works against them, they need to progress to a point where their tunes aren't so individualized as it takes so much longer to produce a final product. Instead of starting fresh with each tune it would only seem reasonable to build a database of each tune / car and their specific modifications and elevations to make providing new customers with tunes much more readily. But hey, maybe I'm too organized for the tuning world.
Totally agree. They shouldn't have to start from scratch every time. A base tune from a previous customer with the same mods should be safe place to start. They should only be starting from scratch when they don't have tune that would match my cars "profile", if you will.

I really find it hilarious (with 24 hours to think about it) that Alex is so thin skinned that he can't take criticism on the turn around time for his product. I never identified the tune as the problem and yet offence to the quality of the product released was taken.
True artists are always sensitive lol You should see DHMs cursing spree in the Cyborg thread. Makes Alex look like a kitten.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #67
Thanks for breaking that out in such detail. Yes that single 12 day wait would probably get under my skin too but I honestly don't see a problem with a 1 week turn around.

Totally agree. They shouldn't have to start from scratch every time. A base tune from a previous customer with the same mods should be safe place to start. They should only be starting from scratch when they don't have tune that would match my cars "profile", if you will.

True artists are always sensitive lol You should see DHMs cursing spree in the Cyborg thread. Makes Alex look like a kitten.
When the lead time for tunes from Stratified was publicly addressed on June 19th Alex decided he had had enough and wasn't going to tune my car anymore. All I had stated at the time was the lead time which was apparently interpreted as displeasure with the product.

Once Alex asks me to only speak to him privately he should be aware that it drove me to do the opposite - there is no point in me having the conversation behind closed doors so no one else can benefit from it. Now people can judge for themselves - purchase this tune and you will wait some time to get it all done, and if you address any concerns you have with this company publicly then they will potentially stop tuning your car and refund you a small portion of the overall price of the tune.

I'm not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill but when I lose money, have nothing but time and am doing my best to come across as cordial then to me, it is what it is. I told Alex on the phone - 'you do you man, I just don't give a fuck anymore'.

Just don't try pushing the angle I asked for a refund - not the case. I wanted my tune.