Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tune Revision Turn Over Time

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
I'm going to be very straight forward here. I respect our customers and expect the same respect back. This back and forth shows a lack of consideration and respect for my efforts. You've made your point that you are dissatisfied with the service you have received. Things like "you wouldn't recommend Stratified to anyone" make me wonder why I would spend the effort and time to build revisions for a tune you are clearly not going to be happy with. Being an online business does require that we address these issues which does take away from our resources to do our job. I am going to put this process on hold until we discuss further over the phone. Please give us a call (I have left you a message already) at your earliest convenience. Thanks.
Unfortunately I'm rather short tempered when it comes to most things and this is no exception - I'll give you a call but it will be to discuss when my tune is coming and that's about it. As for posting on a forum and not having a conversation on the call, don't worry, I'm not afraid of phones as I've been on the inside sales desk before. I would just rather have the time to think about my messages, review them, and then post them for others to see rather than have a discussion which no one sees nor is there any accountability associated with. I haven't personally attacked anyone - just stated my opinion, I hope no one is afraid of an individuals opinion. People get offended much to easily.

I've stated before that your tunes speak for themselves - did you miss that part? The problem has not been the product. I repeat, the product is fine.

If you're the one creating the tunes then it should be your focus, not this thread on a single forum (as I can only assume you monitor all of the forums you post on this closely). You should have a junior member finding the threads and deciding if it's worth his time to post in or upgrading to your time.

Lastly, you don't want me as a customer just refund my money and I'll go elsewhere.

EDIT - DHM here I come!

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
Also, I'll be posting up my turn over time from DHM as I progress through their tune as well.

Thanks for the... well, just thanks Alex.

It would be pretty funny if DHM took longer than Stratified...lol
[MENTION=759]Hijinx@DHM[/MENTION]

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
Total Cost: $482.50

Purchased:

Additional Fuel (91 and 94)
Pops and Crackles
Stratified traction control
-$75 USD existing credit (flash tune purchased for stock turbo)

Wasted time: Priceless.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
THAT would be fuckin' hilarious. But really, I have no fucks to give anymore so I'm laughing already.

Also:

Tune was purchased MARCH 15 - AS OF JUNE 19, had not finished tuning. 96 DAYS.

Bluedrank

LOL this is actually hilarious. Good on Alex for putting an end to this. I'm a big believer in a business' ability to decline doing business with certain customers.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
LOL this is actually hilarious. Good on Alex for putting an end to this. I'm a big believer in a business' ability to decline doing business with certain customers.
Oh for sure - had I known from the start of their turn over time I would have gone elsewhere to begin with.

But hey, at least people know! I'm not afraid of voicing facts regarding my experience.

Shit, I'm considering not even buying another tune - I bet I would have seen 1 or 2 revisions anyways.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
I hope everyone declines to do business with you [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION]
Wouldn't that be grand? But really, I'm not going to send any other tuners money, I'm content with the car and wasn't out to break records anyways.

Thanks for stopping in!

THAT would be fuckin' hilarious. But really, I have no fucks to give anymore so I'm laughing already.

Also:

Tune was purchased MARCH 15 - AS OF JUNE 19, had not finished tuning. 96 DAYS.
I think it would look better if we had timestamps of when you received a revision and then when you sent logs for that revision.

If you're going to post how long it took at least include the time spent waiting on you as well.

That at least gives a realistic number for people to see. Good or bad.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
I think it would look better if we had timestamps of when you received a revision and then when you sent logs for that revision.

If you're going to post how long it took at least include the time spent waiting on you as well.

That at least gives a realistic number for people to see. Good or bad.
Sure, I'll go back and grab those via email tonight or tomorrow.

But really, if Stratified wants to 'blame' me for taking too long to provide them with logs... that's pretty fucked.

you took 11 days to send a log and then complain about waiting 6 days for a revision. you are content with the car but are complaining. What is wrong with you [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION].

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
you took 11 days to send a log and then complain about waiting 6 days for a revision. you are content with the car but are complaining. What is wrong with you [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION].
Just to be clear, you think I should be providing logs faster? And if I did, how would this affect how fast Stratified turns around tunes? Just curious to know your line of thought.

Is it my responsibility as the customer to turn over the logs quickly or is it the vendors responsibility? I believe this is what your argument comes down to.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
DHM revision turnaround time is 24-48 hours. 2-3 days to receive base map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haste

1000 Post Club
I know it has been a while but when I was tuning with Adam for my X-37(almost a year ago now) he was very quick to respond. I have been reading about these delays from other tuners and seriously gives me thought as to whether to try them out or not...
I do need to tune on E30...maybe I should get up with Adam and see how quick he can turn it around.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59
The logs are what they base you're revisions on.
I completely understand that part - I am aware of how the process works.

What I am UNCLEAR on is how Fiestarawpower believes that if the logs are returned quicker, I get them back sooner (which is common sense if I take fewer days and they take the same amount of time - 2 weeks - then I have cut the time by a small amount not Stratified).

Since Fiestarawpower can't articulately convey how he believes returning the logs faster will result in Stratified being faster I will attempt to outline how I think Stratified handles they log revisions.

1.) Tune Received
2.) Logs Completed - I've been sending 4 logs or so each revision
3.) Logs Sent In
4.) Logs Received by Stratified and put on the top of their pile of logs which need reviewing.
5.) Logs are Reviewed by Stratified until my log comes up - THIS IS THE DELAY WHICH I'VE IDENTIFIED
6.) Stratified emails the next revision to the customer
7.) Customer uploads the log and the process starts over again.

So, hopefully this isn't too far off the mark - what should be concerning from a customer relations stand point is having a delay within the 'normal channels' of operation which adversely affects the customer.

What Fiestarawpower can't comprehend is the fact that if Stratified operates with a lower overhead of tunes to revise and processed them at a higher volume then they wouldn't have a back log of tunes resulting in multiple weeks between revisions.

It all comes down to how many tunes Stratified has to do and whether or not they are equipped to handle the volume. They clearly aren't. As I know Alex@Stratified keeps tabs on the threads personally I can only hope that common sense overrides his sense of pride in that he can accept input from a customer who isn't happy with the experience.

I've got nothing against you Alex - my problem lies, and always has been with, the turn over time for tune revisions.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So you're complaint is that when you finally get around to sending them your logs, they should get a rev back to you quickly. I wonder how many of those 96 days you quoted are actually your fault. We know at least 11 of them are. I mean, if you want your revs so quickly, why not get them the logs just as fast or faster?

And to the point, I personally prefer their approach. Shops that turn a rev around in a day aren't giving it that personal touch. Not that tunes with quick turn arounds are bad, just that something given thorough attention and care is inherently better imo. I hope Alex continues to work at his pace and turn out the excellent tunes he does. It's worth the wait.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk