Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

looking for wheels and tires where to buy?

I hit a pothole about a week ago and it blew a tire and bent a rim. what I'm looking to get is a 17" wheel but something that is a wider wheel. what is the maximum size I can fit without having to adjust or put parts into it. I like a set of sparco wheels tirerack has but need some input on this. lets see what you guy think.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
The TD Pro Race 1.2s are great wheels for our cars, I just got some. A lot of folks on here have these. In the stock size, they're about 5 lb. lighter per wheel. If you're new to FiST wheels, the 4 x 108 bolt pattern is a bit rare, so choices are limited. Those were the best choice for me. They come in a range of offsets and with stock hub bores, too, so fitting is easy. The 17" wheels come up to 8" wide, I'm not sure about maximum usable width, I got stock 7" wide wheels to save weight.
The vendor, PCA-1 (Chalon) is also very easy to work with and knows his stuff. Here's the thread on them from the vendor section-

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1248-Pro-Race-Wheels-For-Your-Fiesta-ST-!

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Sparco Pro Corsa is the only one they make for our cars which is any wider than stock, and then only by .5"

The tire used is more of a determining factor for fit than the wheel width (and tires can vary GREATLY in dimensions, even within the same size posted on their side walls!;) ), but most on here do not go any wider than 8" wide, in any diameter wheel, and regardless of tire used.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The TD Pro Race 1.2s are great wheels for our cars, I just got some. A lot of folks on here have these. In the stock size, they're about 5 lb. lighter per wheel. If you're new to FiST wheels, the 4 x 108 bolt pattern is a bit rare, so choices are limited. Those were the best choice for me. They come in a range of offsets and with stock hub bores, too, so fitting is easy. The 17" wheels come up to 8" wide, I'm not sure about maximum usable width, I got stock 7" wide wheels to save weight.
The vendor, PCA-1 (Chalon) is also very easy to work with and knows his stuff. Here's the thread on them from the vendor section-

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1248-Pro-Race-Wheels-For-Your-Fiesta-ST-!
+1! [thumb]

I also have a set of these in 17x8 on the way (and even in that width, they are still almost 3 lbs. lighter than the 1" narrower factory wheels), and besides their great looks (to me at least), strength, and quality, the fact that I do not have to be bothered with hubcentric rings at all, definitely sold me on them. [wink]

OP
F
Thread Starter #6
honestly the corsa wheel look so much like the focus wheels lol any idea if i go a little wider for a tire like a 215/40/17 would be ok? its only 1 bump up wider/taller other than speedo misreading a slight bit anyone have rub issues?

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
funny i was browsing tires of a step up and someone in CA that owns a fist bought some tires im checking out same for the wheels wish they would chime in and let me know how things are working out :D

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
honestly the corsa wheel look so much like the focus wheels lol any idea if i go a little wider for a tire like a 215/40/17 would be ok? its only 1 bump up wider/taller other than speedo misreading a slight bit anyone have rub issues?
There is at least a .5" difference (in some cases, it is even more) in actual tread width between the widest 215/40-17s on the market, and the narrowest, so that, combined with actual wheel offset will determine whether or not there is any rubbing, inside the wheel well, or at the fender lip/edge.

But, at factory ride height, it seems that most of the time, (even using a 7.7" tread width tire, on a 42ET 17x8 like I am getting) one is OK as far as the contact issue goes. [:)]

Most 215/40-17s are only about .4" to .5" taller than the factory 205/40-17s.