Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Drawtite Hitch + Stock Exhaust = Clunk Clunk Clunk

I can post pictures if you want. I installed a drawtite hitch on a 2016 ST. Very little muffler clearance with the stock exhaust. Loosened and pushed the whole unit over as fat to passenger side as possible. This helped but still not great.

I've read most of the responses everyone, has anyone consensus been made about exhaust hangers? I see lots of wild claims but lots of conflicting information and no one coming out and saying "get this" ....

So asking for thoughts.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I can post pictures if you want. I installed a drawtite hitch on a 2016 ST. Very little muffler clearance with the stock exhaust. Loosened and pushed the whole unit over as fat to passenger side as possible. This helped but still not great.

I've read most of the responses everyone, has anyone consensus been made about exhaust hangers? I see lots of wild claims but lots of conflicting information and no one coming out and saying "get this" ....

So asking for thoughts.
Well everything I read state get stiffer hangers to prevent the muffler from moving. And I agree and reason I got them. A few years back all there was were the Cobb hangers now there are a few other but all would work. Cobb, Mountune, etc..

So asking for thoughts.
I had the same clunking when I first installed my Curt hitch, I ordered the Cobb exhaust hangers 6 months ago, works perfectly, no more clunking going over bumps. Worth the money in my opinion, just be sure to have some lube on hand to get the new mounts installed as they are quite stiff and difficult to slide on the ends of the hangers.

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
I had the same clunking when I first installed my Curt hitch, I ordered the Cobb exhaust hangers 6 months ago, works perfectly, no more clunking going over bumps. Worth the money in my opinion, just be sure to have some lube on hand to get the new mounts installed as they are quite stiff and difficult to slide on the ends of the hangers.
Was this just stock replacement Cobb hangers? Or hangers off another model car? Some people were using Subaru Forrester hangers is why I ask.

Was this just stock replacement Cobb hangers? Or hangers off another model car? Some people were using Subaru Forrester hangers is why I ask.
I used the Cobb replacement hangers, I have nothing bad to say about them other than they are a bit expensive.

There are 4 hangers on the car but the kit only comes with 3 hangers, Just use the 3 on the rearmost 3 on the car, leave the front one as is. It should be just fine that way.