Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HS alignment data

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Looking at their website, the $95 jobber is all you need. there is no rear adjustments, and you're not "lowered", so oem it is. And a shop like that should be able to set your adjustments to anything you'd like(within reason of course). And to be honest, $100 for a quality alignment is money well spent.

Once you add a coilover setup to the mix, $300-$400 depending on the area is reasonable for a corner-weight adjustment and alignment.

Hope that helps.
Yes THANKS!

I guess I got a 'bargain' when I had coil overs on the f body, and the SCCA Formula Continental and GT-1 competitor owners of the shop I went to for corner weighting and alignment only charged me ~$250.00 for the task (a while back, and when I was in North Joyzee). [:)]

I have changed alignment settings (camber, F/R toe for myself and several others) at events as well as test N tunes to see how changes affected handling ( on other cars like my FRS). But I also mount and balance my own tires ( and flip them) at a friend's shop. So to each their own...

Cheers!

I have changed alignment settings (camber, F/R toe for myself and several others) at events as well as test N tunes to see how changes affected handling ( on other cars like my FRS). But I also mount and balance my own tires ( and flip them) at a friend's shop. So to each their own...

Cheers!
have you tested different toe's on your fiesta for autocross yet? if so what is your favorite setting and why

OP
AnimalMother
Thread Starter #24
I played with toe a few weeks ago. Minimal toe out seems to work best for me to get the back rotating in timely and controlled manner. Too much toe out was eliminating rotation.

In case anyone is interested in doing their own toe, you break the jam nut loose with a 22mm or 7/8 and rotate the tierod at the hex with a 13mm (inner end of tierod). It's a right hand thread at the outer end. The first time it may be hard to break the jam nut loose, so that's best done jacked up or on a hoist. After that you can do it just by turning the steering away from the side you're working on (rear steer). On mine, adjusting 2 hex flats on each side gives about a 3/16" change. I'd suggest marking the tierod before adjustment so you can easily return it to stock if desired. And you can measure it with the toe plates I mentioned earlier, or a trammel bar, or a couple of 2x4's and a tape measure -- whatever.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Cheers!
The operative, enabling phrase is bolded above. ;)

Not all of us have that luxury. [:(]

The operative, enabling phrase is bolded above. ;)

Not all of us have that luxury. [:(]
I also have a son in law that is a Lexus mechanic, so I now have 2 ways to get my car aligned (at Lexus) or wheels mounted/ balanced/ flipped. I also let him co drive my DS FRS and feed him a lot of food, so my stuff probably works out to costing me way more than it used to. He is a good kid and makes my daughter happy. As a father, it probably doesn't get much better. I am well blessed...

have you tested different toe's on your fiesta for autocross yet? if so what is your favorite setting and why
I have not tested the ST for autocross since I have a well sorted, fully prepped National level FRS for DS (and just bit the bullet for getting my OTS Koni yellows degassed and revalved by Pro Parts), so I will stick with it this year. But I used to run between 0-1/16 total toe out for my SRT4 ACR. That's where I will start if I go the ST route. I just got the ST for a fun daily driver that I may autocross sometime in the future.