Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
19 Likes

Thread: MP215 Is it worth it?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Ooltewah
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim88GT View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I ordered the MP215 from Mountune. They emailed me back and said the Mtune is on backorder for 2-3 weeks I think it will keep me happy until my warranty is up in two years. I still can do a cat back and intercooler later. I hope I will hear more turbo noise with the intake.
    Good move. The first time you get on it in third gear you will stress your smile muscles! And the intake does allow more sound. Have you deleted the Sound Symposer yet?

2016 White Platinum, Moonroof.

Mountune MP215, Resonator delete, max legal tint, Sound Symposer delete, Yellow Lamin X fogs, Damond Motorsports OCC,Yellow Brake Calipers, Mountune Yellow shifter, Yellow ST tags.

Member 62 Rep Points Zormecteon's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Kelso
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the intercooler, induction hose and complete turbo hose upgrade along with the quick shift at the same time as the mp215. ...As long as the air box is out, I highly recommend having the Quick Shift done at the same time, as it has to come out anyway to get that done. .. If there were only going to be two mods done to the car those two would be the RMM and the Quick Shift. The latter makes a difference every time you drive. Every time you shift, not just for the shorter throw, but for the better feel.

Your Finances May Vary. My 2ยข
    mountune mods;... Mp215, High Flow Induction Hose,Complete Intercooler Upgrade,Silicone Coolant Hoses, Quick Shift Kit, Spring Set, Rear Motor Mount, Front Shock Tower Brace and a Mishimoto Trunk Brace.

Staff Team Staff Team 764 Rep Points CanadianGuy's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Southern Ontario
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies. I ordered the MP215 from Mountune. They emailed me back and said the Mtune is on backorder for 2-3 weeks I think it will keep me happy until my warranty is up in two years. I still can do a cat back and intercooler later. I hope I will hear more turbo noise with the intake.
    Suggest getting an RMM as well the MP215 opens the torque on 1st and 2nd. The RMM will help transfer power to wheels.
    Performance: DHM factory fitment IC, GFB DV+, Denso ITV22 sparks Mountune: RMM, MP215, Boost hose kit, Intercooler Charge Pipe, induction hose, CatBack, Strut brace and lower frame brace
    Function: No-pistons dead pedal, pedal spacer, battery tie down and evap skid plate, Mishimoto OCC, 4mm skid plate, autodiming mirror, Husky weatherbeater mats, Rally Armor mud flaps, Cobb exhaust hangers, Boomba Ultimate shift kit
    Appearance: Tint, Mountune Spoiler extension and splitter, Orange Shift knob, Diode Dynamic fog lights, Xenon depot LED H11 bulbs, Fiesta illuminated sill plates, LED interior lighting

My build: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/t...daily-fun-ride

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Pittsburgh
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just installed a COBB RMM and a Fswerks shifter. I love them both. The only other mod is a K&N panel filter.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Pittsburgh
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmrtsus View Post
    Good move. The first time you get on it in third gear you will stress your smile muscles! And the intake does allow more sound. Have you deleted the Sound Symposer yet?
    I have not deleted the sound symposer. For now I like the way it sounds. What is the benefit to deleting it?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Ooltewah
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not deleted the sound symposer. For now I like the way it sounds. What is the benefit to deleting it?
    If you like it keep it! It has no effect on anything other than sound, I prefer to hear my engine not a phony engine sound. But it is totally inert as to performance. Some like it some don't. While I was doing the MP215 and OCC I just went ahead and deleted it in hopes of a new exhaust system sound soon. It will probably mask any intake sounds with the MP215 kit. After about a week it started bugging me that I was listening to a rubber diaphragm instead of my engine. This new thing of fake engine sounds piped into performance cars is just strange to me. I enjoy listening to my car when doing spirited driving. And when not I like my audio so deleting the Symposer was a need for me. No reason to change it other than personal preference.

You did well is asking for advice, you will find Mountune to be a great company to deal with. Their connections with Ford insured the MP215 would only do good things for your car. I have much more power (torque), increased fuel efficiency and a worry free warranty. If you have not yet installed an OCC do so. Look at the various threads for reviews on the different ones available. For various reasons, location and easy drain mainly I chose the Damon. All are good stuff for our D.I. engines. Wrench on!

2016 White Platinum, Moonroof.

Mountune MP215, Resonator delete, max legal tint, Sound Symposer delete, Yellow Lamin X fogs, Damond Motorsports OCC,Yellow Brake Calipers, Mountune Yellow shifter, Yellow ST tags.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Pittsburgh
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I thought it just piped in throttlebody and intake sound from the engine. Maybe when the new intake is fitted I will delete it to hear more of that instead of the enhanced engine noise.

I will look into getting a OCC. Where do they plum into? Would it affect my warranty at all?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123