Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MP215 Is it worth it?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Great info, thanks from a new owner! I know that for "warranty" you can only go as high as E15 but solid knowledge that E30 is safe works for me! And I'm even more impressed with the results people are getting running E30, sounds WELL worth the hassle of running your card twice, although in my state it's even more awkward as we are one of 2 states without self serve, lol...

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Great info, thanks from a new owner! I know that for "warranty" you can only go as high as E15 but solid knowledge that E30 is safe works for me! And I'm even more impressed with the results people are getting running E30, sounds WELL worth the hassle of running your card twice, although in my state it's even more awkward as we are one of 2 states without self serve, lol...
The one thing the manual says on flex fuel is run regular fuel every oil change. Possibly to clear any corrosive effects .

At least in Ohio there is no E0. It's all E10. With some tunes (like Stratified) you can buy a single file combo tune that lets you switch from E30 to 93 or 91 while driving using the cruise control buttons. It is instantaneous and very slick. There are up to 5 "slots" in a file. I have 93, E30, 93 eco (15 psi boost limit), E30 eco, and valet (3000 rpm limit). All selectable on the go.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
At least in Ohio there is no E0. It's all E10. With some tunes (like Stratified) you can buy a single file combo tune that lets you switch from E30 to 93 or 91 while driving using the cruise control buttons. It is instantaneous and very slick. There are up to 5 "slots" in a file. I have 93, E30, 93 eco (15 psi boost limit), E30 eco, and valet (3000 rpm limit). All selectable on the go.
Yep I checked and E85 is around but no stations really convenient for my commute path, so I dunno, might just have to be happy that our 92 octane is slightly underrated here and just go with 93 tune most of the time... Does anyone know how it works when you order your AP from Mountune? I see you get the octane, launch control and flat foot shifting options but not sure if it's just that one tune along with the Cobb OTS tunes along with that one and you only get to choose one at a time or can you use the cruise control to switch between them too...

But, to be fair to the OP and forum etiquette, we have gotten off topic... this is about the MP215 package, which is great for those who want to retain their warranty and don't plan on going for more. I'll post more in the other tune threads but I appreciate all the input!

Yep I checked and E85 is around but no stations really convenient for my commute path, so I dunno, might just have to be happy that our 92 octane is slightly underrated here and just go with 93 tune most of the time
Probably a good idea to talk with your tuner about this decision. They might advise you that it is safer and wiser to run a 91 octane tune.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Probably a good idea to talk with your tuner about this decision. They might advise you that it is safer and wiser to run a 91 octane tune.
Oh, i guess it was a different thread, it's already been discussed with tuners, the "92" octane we get in OR/WA is very underrated... A member even had his 93 octane tune adjusted even more aggressively no problem, guess we are lucky!