Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
19 Likes

Thread: MP215 Is it worth it?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Pittsburgh
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MP215 Is it worth it?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I want to keep the warranty so I am looking at the MP215. I see reviews that say it makes the car that much better and is worth it. Others say you can barely feel a difference.

The car feels a little stronger in the cooler temps than when it is hot out. Is that about the difference the MP215 makes or is it stronger than that?

Staff Team Staff Team 764 Rep Points CanadianGuy's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Southern Ontario
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of threads on this best to search and gather your data.

Quick snippet. Yes it helps first and second gear get a boost increase. And a very nice overall tune. Not just an off the shelf. Costly (yes) but that is the cost for warranty.
    Performance: DHM factory fitment IC, GFB DV+, Denso ITV22 sparks Mountune: RMM, MP215, Boost hose kit, Intercooler Charge Pipe, induction hose, CatBack, Strut brace and lower frame brace
    Function: No-pistons dead pedal, pedal spacer, battery tie down and evap skid plate, Mishimoto OCC, 4mm skid plate, autodiming mirror, Husky weatherbeater mats, Rally Armor mud flaps, Cobb exhaust hangers, Boomba Ultimate shift kit
    Appearance: Tint, Mountune Spoiler extension and splitter, Orange Shift knob, Diode Dynamic fog lights, Xenon depot LED H11 bulbs, Fiesta illuminated sill plates, LED interior lighting

My build: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/t...daily-fun-ride

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Pittsburgh
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply,

I have searched but to one it is HUGE and to someone else it is a slight increase and can just barely feel a difference. $1,000 plus install is a lot for barely feel a difference.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Ooltewah
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Search the web for reviews and tests on the Mountune cars. Check UK, same cars, you just sit on the wrong side, shift with the wrong hand and drive on the wrong side of the road! The MP-215 knocks about .5 sec off 0-60 times according to tests. I refuse to find out by dropping the clutch on mine. The additional 18 Hp feels really strong in third gear, pulls like a train. I wanted a little more pull out of mountain road curves and it does the job nicely, and I wanted a factory warranty! In my case it works out to about $50 per Hp. Expensive based on strictly Hp but keeping my warranty on this high strung engine is well worth it as it will probably be my last new car. There are many stronger tunes out there, but only Mountune with a warranty.

If you decide to get one, shop around. I got mine from a Ford performance parts dealer for almost $150 off. Installation can be done by ANY ASE certified mechanic at a lower cost than the Ford dealer especially if you know one. You MUST use 93 octane to get all the horses. My "installation" done by a friend in Louisiana, cost me a case of beer (without the Crawfish unfortunately!).....which we all shared.

2016 White Platinum, Moonroof.

Mountune MP215, Resonator delete, max legal tint, Sound Symposer delete, Yellow Lamin X fogs, Damond Motorsports OCC,Yellow Brake Calipers, Mountune Yellow shifter, Yellow ST tags.

Member 24 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Suburbs
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I had the MP215 on my car for about 20k miles. I would say it is worth it if you are set on that being the only modification while the warranty is intact. For me personally, I wound up getting an Accessport and loading different tunes on the vehicle at 25k miles, and wanted to do it even sooner. I haven't seen too many reports of OTS or protunes causing issues with these cars, but if you want the peace of mind and don't plan on doing any other modifications then yes, it is worth it IMO. If I could do it all over again, while I loved the tune, I probably wouldn't have gotten it as I wound up modifying inside the warranty period anyways, and it would have been much more cost effective to just get an accessport with a custom tune.

As far as feeling a difference? Yes. This tune to me was better than the Cobb OTS stage 1 and stage 2 tunes. I was hitting 23 PSI and while I didn't verify the gains, Mountune claims +15HP and +34TQ. That is at the crank and not the wheels, but that is still a 9% increase in HP and a 16.8% increase in TQ. I think most people will notice that. It's not going to totally transform the car into a Mustang smoking hatchback, but you should definitely notice it. Driveability is just like stock, so if you don't get the itch to do further modifications then yes, IMO it is worth it.
    2015 OW Fiesta ST2
    Intake - CP-E
    Intercooler/Piping - CP-E FMIC; MBRP hot side charge pipe
    Tune - Stratified; 93 and E30
    Aesthetics - 35% tint; no-pistons dead pedal; all weather mats, XPEL clear-bra; TFB badge overlays; carbon-fiber plates; Mountune splitter

Member 17 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    stpaul/mpls
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

yes it is noticeably better. so the next step is the 230. now you question the value of the whole deal. cut your losses and go for a x37, or what ever. exactly the trap I fell in. besides their fmic isnt up to the task of a hybrid. as hard as it might seem hold out for 10,000 miles or so. then screw the warranty and go for the bigger turbo. saves on wasting all the money I did. boyracer

Member 96 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Arlington
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
    I haven't seen too many reports of OTS or protunes causing issues with these cars, but if you want the peace of mind and don't plan on doing any other modifications then yes, it is worth it IMO. If I could do it all over again, while I loved the tune, I probably wouldn't have gotten it as I wound up modifying inside the warranty period anyways, and it would have been much more cost effective to just get an accessport with a custom tune.
    This is the key point I think. Most of the well known tuners are not going to cause major problems for this car on the stock turbo. The engine is pretty pretty robust. The only risk you are really taking by being tuned during the warranty period is that if there was something wrong to begin with that would have happened either way, the dealership could say it was because of your tune. This probably happens from time to time, but it's still relatively low risk. If you pay for the MP215, you are basically paying a premium for peace of mind. The tune itself is probably better than the Cobb OTS, but maybe not as aggressive as what you could get with a protune. Only you can really answer for yourself whether the premium is worth it.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Pittsburgh
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cobb looks to be only about $175 cheaper than the MP215. The accessport is $500 and their intake is $325. Having ford install the MP215 is where it starts to get pricy.

It is sounding like the MP215 is a really good tune for a stock ST. Probably not going to do much better with a custom tune without replacing parts like the IC and DP. My ST is one year old and I only put on 6,000 miles. I have two years left on the warranty. I installed the Fswerks short shift kit and a Cobb RMM. I was thinking of installing the MP215 and maybe an exhaust later on. It does stink that in two years if I want more I will need to spend $500 on a Accessport.

Member 96 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Arlington
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Jim88GT View Post
    The cobb looks to be only about $175 cheaper than the MP215. The accessport is $500 and their intake is $325. Having ford install the MP215 is where it starts to get pricy.

It is sounding like the MP215 is a really good tune for a stock ST. Probably not going to do much better with a custom tune without replacing parts like the IC and DP. My ST is one year old and I only put on 6,000 miles. I have two years left on the warranty. I installed the Fswerks short shift kit and a Cobb RMM. I was thinking of installing the MP215 and maybe an exhaust later on. It does stink that in two years if I want more I will need to spend $500 on a Accessport.
    The intake itself is another place they get you. It does little/nothing and is baked into the price. I've run both Cobb OTS Stage 1 and 2 (since I got an intercooler) and a Stratified flash tune with just a drop-in filter, and it runs fine. Plus, as you mention, you limit flexibility later on. Also, you can probably get an Accessport for less than $500 by buying used or messaging one of the vendors.

Member 62 Rep Points Zormecteon's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Kelso
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Whether or not it's worth is is totally up to you and your budget. I love mine. I love the peace of mind in knowing that since it retains the factory warranty, it should not affect the long term durability of the engine or drive train. Something that cannot be said with assurance about the tunes from others. (Sure the engine is highly robust, but what about the U-joints, CV joints, axles and everything else involved in getting the power to the ground?) the mountune kit is fully tested. That costs money and is the reason for the higher price than tunes from others.
    mountune mods;... Mp215, High Flow Induction Hose,Complete Intercooler Upgrade,Silicone Coolant Hoses, Quick Shift Kit, Spring Set, Rear Motor Mount, Front Shock Tower Brace and a Mishimoto Trunk Brace.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast