Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

axle seal@ transmission seal

took my 2014 fiesta st to the dealer with 49,900km changed my axle seal 1 month later transmission seal failed have to wait a week to get the parts new clutch and seal all covered by warranty plus rental vehicle any one else has this issue with low miles?

Lol how low mileage? I just checked mine last weekend and I have a slight leak on the drivers side half-shaft. Car has ~3000 miles on it.

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
what year is your st also got my recall notice about low antifreeze and overheating issues

mine's a 2016, but the axle seal being problematic is a fairly common thing for every year.

DvC

I am on my 3rd set of axle seals. Need to go in to get the 4th ones put in. Only 20k miles

haste

1000 Post Club
2015 with 47k miles on original seals and everything is bone dry.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
2015 with 47k miles on original seals and everything is bone dry.
I'm assuming you mean no leaks? I also have a 2015 with nearly the same miles and have not done anything to the axles yet.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

haste

1000 Post Club
I'm assuming you mean no leaks? I also have a 2015 with nearly the same miles and have not done anything to the axles yet.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Yep, no leaks. It's had two weekends at the track and an autocross as well.

I think my seals went out. Lots of grease under the car. I get a consistent whine in fourth and fifth gear. Here's some pics.

I have a small amount (meaning it's visible) of leaking on my '16 with 15k miles. It's on both sides. I park over concrete and it doesn't drip.

For all of you who have replaced theses once or more times, do you have a picture of what it looked like? I don't feel mine is an issue in its current state, but I want to know what bad actually looks like.