Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TUNE+ : New turbo upgrade coming, and you don't need to provide a core...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=7953]VargasTurboTech[/MENTION] , welcome to the Forum! We're always excited to have new options available. Since just about EVERYONE here wants to know, do you have any pics/data/compressor maps you could share with us at this time?
Thanks for the question. Adam posted compressor wheel photos in the first post. Compressor maps are not something smallish companies can usually have made as they cost hundreds of thousands of dollars using very expensive test stands. What I can tell you is. We have used these exact wheels, (turbine wheel / compressor combos) on multiple platforms. The power levels they support is nothing we just guess at, they have proven with the right tuning, and fueling those are real world numbers you can see based off actual dyno's not just calculating flow rates, and saying this unit should support X. The Stage 2 in twin form has made well over 600WHP, 2+ has made 700WHP, and 2+HF has made 750WHP. This was all done on a DI BMW platform with E85 as the fuel. So these numbers should translate well to this platform running a single unit. We don't come to the game with untested products, or unproven claims. What we are putting in these turbos are proven to make power, and provide long service life if the the vehicle is properly tuned, and maintained. As soon as the first test unit is ready Adam will run it through its paces on his dyno, then, and only then will these be available for sale with numbers to along with them. Like Adam said we a good 2-3 months out, so patience will be key here as we get production completed. Thanks fore the interest!

GAbOS

Nice job Adam and VTT!! If this ends up being exactly what you say it is, I will be throwing you more of my money.

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #25
We've got a few cars at 380whp on stock blocks that have been fine. We warn at 360whp, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, can definitely make more. 350-360whp warning is close enough!

I have been looking at a turbo upgrade and this might fall right on time with when I plan on purchasing! I'm looking forward to seeing more in the near future!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Oh, can definitely make more. 350-360whp warning is close enough!
Yep. 2014, Russ' died at 425ish. Last year at a half mile event we intentionally pushed my car north of that... Don't have exact numbers but from what could guesstimate from the logs it was 440-450, maybe. All the timing, 36psi on a 2867r, MS109...there were 3 or 4 kill maps. Our blocks are stout, for sure.

Adam you mentioned that coolant lines and everything will be the same. Will it have the place for the stock blow off valve or will it need an aftermarket one? You said you were going with a bigger housing so I figure I'd ask.

Thanks this looks promising!

Adam you mentioned that coolant lines and everything will be the same. Will it have the place for the stock blow off valve or will it need an aftermarket one? You said you were going with a bigger housing so I figure I'd ask.

Thanks this looks promising!

These units retain all factory mounting points including factory on housing DV placement. As with any upgraded turbo we always suggest going to an aftermarket BOV. We prefer the turbosmart Raceport, as when set up with the proper spring is the fastest reacting BOV on the market, and helps keeps your compressor out of surge. Hope that helps!

These units retain all factory mounting points including factory on housing DV placement. As with any upgraded turbo we always suggest going to an aftermarket BOV. We prefer the turbosmart Raceport, as when set up with the proper spring is the fastest reacting BOV on the market, and helps keeps your compressor out of surge. Hope that helps!
Oh wow! Thanks I appreciate the fast response! This will be including a tune from Adam as well or no?

Oh wow! Thanks I appreciate the fast response! This will be including a tune from Adam as well or no?

All tuning info would be for him to discuss. We make the hardware, he does his magic on the tuning side!

GAbOS

Any options or recommendations for a recirculating BOV?

Status
Not open for further replies.