Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TUNE+ : New turbo upgrade coming, and you don't need to provide a core...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This man is going places!! Possibly alone ... but he's going!! [emoji23] and with a brand new turbo too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Going places fast that is sir!! πŸ™
No but always got to check with the woman.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
As a lot of you know I was the first to bring in and test the X37 turbocharger. Dealing with the manufacturer proved to be difficult and had to haul all sales. I have been quiet, but busy. Since the day I removed the X37 from the website I have been working on a new turbocharger with a manufacturer we have been using for a few years now.

This turbo will not require you to send in your OEM core, you get to keep it. Why? Because we are recasting the factory turbo with bigger housings to fit bigger wheels, the CORRECT way to upgrade these turbos. The factory housings really limit what you can make for power on these cars, so we made sure to eliminate that restriction. This allows us to upgrade both the turbine wheel AND the compressor wheel, no clipping/cutting/modifying the stock wheel a TRUE turbine wheel upgrade without sacrificing spool.

Still 100% bolt-on, and not in a sense of ATP "bolt-on" this is a true bolt on. Connections for Manifold, Downpipe, Intake, Oil Lines, Coolant Lines and Chargepipe are all in the factory locations. Just everything internally has changed.

This turbo is the brainchild of Vargas Turbo Technologies and TUNE+. We have collaborated in the past to make the best performing stock frame upgrade for the 2.3L Ecoboost Mustang, just recently the Focus RS, and the newest being the Fiesta ST.

TUNE+ will be the sole distributor of this turbo upgrade once released. We will have a few select dealers for the product when the time comes. For now the two below dealers are the only approved dealers for this upgrade.

-Deadhook Motorsports
-Panda Motorworks

I wanted to work with the companies above to make sure that all customers have a good relationship between the turbo offering and their tuner. This way if there is questions we all can work together to answer them, this will also prevent a war between two turbos like the Pumaspeed Vs Cyborg. In my opinion those battles were tuner fueled. This should alleviate that.

There will NOT be a pre-order for this turbo until production is nearing completion. The ETA for production to finalize is about 2-3 months from now. I know it is a long wait, this is why we are not taking pre-orders. We want to make sure that these are en-route to us before we accept a single penny from a customer.

There will be three options offered so it will cover a wide range of goals. If you never plan on using any fuel but 91/93oct The Stage 2 is for you. If you are looking to run E30, Methanol, or both the Stage 2+ is your turbo of choice. If you want all out power, running Aux Fuel and E40/E50/Race Gas the Stage 2+ MF is your baby.

Here are the three options:

Stage 2 good for around 300WHP (tuning / fuel dependent) Stock spool
Stage 2+ good for around 325-350WHP (tuning / fuel dependent) Stock spool
Stage 2+ MF good for around 350-375WHP (tuning / fuel dependent) 200-300 RPM hit in spool

Pricing is outlined below, remember this doesn't require you to purchase a core or provide a core.

Stage 2 with new actuator, and inlet tube $1499.00 Shipped
Stage 2+ with new actuator, and inlet tube $1599.00 Shipped
Stage 2+ MF with new actuator, and inlet tube $1699.00 Shipped

The compressor inlet has been enlarged to 2.00" and will include a CAST 2.00" to stock intake style connection so you can use any intake on the market, including OEM.

Here is a comparison of the wheels going into this hog!

If you have any questions, please ask. We will reply when we can. We are EXTREMELY busy right now with our new shop in Texas so we don't get much time to get on the forums but I will update every so often and mass-answer all the questions!

Cheers.
I am local and I am ready to do this.... ;-) I'm currently on your Stage 3 Cobb 93 octane/E30 tune. I'll drop you an email.

DaveG99

I am local and I am ready to do this.... ;-) I'm currently on your Stage 3 Cobb 93 octane/E30 tune. I'll drop you an email.
Another local guy. You should come to a north texas st meet. We just had our weekly tuesday meet

I really want to believe this. I thought the X-47's issue was more that it ran out of fuel. Going with the old adage, more fuel and more air = more power, if the X47 ran out of fuel, what makes this turbo overcome that bottleneck?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I really want to believe this. I thought the X-47's issue was more that it ran out of fuel. Going with the old adage, more fuel and more air = more power, if the X47 ran out of fuel, what makes this turbo overcome that bottleneck?
What this guy said....ill await a purchase and see the numbers...anyone who is anyone knows to wait and see if you know what I mean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

J2FoRS

Hes alive! Welcome back from the dead buddy. :) Test out that turbo for me and give us the ol peloton review[drinking]

Son of a...
I have a C39 on my car right now that I'm switching out this weekend for the X47 that's sitting on my kitchen table. I swear I'm going to end up like [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] [cheers]
Maybe when I get back to the good ol' US of A I'll finally just get a built engine and go for a kit like this tuned on E30/meth.
For this kit when I see "stock spool" that's what really gets me excited...even if the WHP numbers come out to being the same on pump gas it'd be worth it.

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #78
This pushes me to want Meth even more lol ??????

[MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] which do your u recommend for 100 octane?
If you are going to be running 100oct you can go with the Stage 2+, running non-ethanol 100oct allows the fuel system a little more range.

Welcome back Adam. Thought youd forgot about us. Lifetime tune included with turbo? Does it require an upgraded downpipe?
Tuning will be separate from the turbo purchase. We will have basesmaps available for 91/93 for customers that want the turbo first and can't afford the tuning right off the bat.

Naive question --

From a stock FiST, what is needed in regards to upgrading to this Stage 2 turbo? Is the minimum access port, FMIC, downpipe, BOV?
Thanks my friends. First turbo I am interested in.
We would recommend the following:

- Accessport (Required)
- Intercooler
- Downpipe - Recommended but not required, there are gains to be had with a downpipe on an upgraded turbo. Factory, not so much.
- Stock BOV will work, but if you looking to reach the limits a BOV would be recommended. I outlined the 3 options we will have available 2 pages back.
- Intake will be recommended as well, the factory holds upgraded turbos back around the 250-260 mark.

[SUB]i[/SUB]Interesting.... Will these be sold with tunes from DHM, Panda or Tune+ depending on whom you purchased it from??
The turbos will be sold as a single unit with no extras. If you have tunes from any of us I'm sure there are deals to be had. If you are a TUNE+ customer and paid for unlimited tunes you will be covered. I outlined above that we will have 91/93 basemaps available to get customers up and running safety but they won't be anywhere near max potential.

Since I live 5 miles from your new shop, how does that change the pricing?
The price would be discounted 8.25% to account for the added tax. Because we have to eat that we wouldn't be able to do any additional discount. We can work out a deal on install at the shop to help you out if need be, and dyno tuning.

A turbo will never overcome the short comings of the fuel system when looking to make 290whp+ with an increase ethanol fuel. As mentioned in the first post fuel systems or methanol systems will be required to get the most out of these turbos. The X-47 makes the same power at 26psi as it does 29psi, in fact the added heat actually tapered off power up top. This means it's efficiency ends at 26psi/~2.75PR. These turbos will flow more air at the same PR, and will be able to support 30psi+ if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.