Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TUNE+ : New turbo upgrade coming, and you don't need to provide a core...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to believe this. I thought the X-47's issue was more that it ran out of fuel. Going with the old adage, more fuel and more air = more power, if the X47 ran out of fuel, what makes this turbo overcome that bottleneck?
If the car is out of fuel the turbo will do nothing to fix that, more air will make a lack of fuel more evident. Whenever people ask us what X turbo will make, I say nothing. Turbos do not make power, they simply support it. If you have all your ducks in a row, fueling, upgrades, tuning etc. This turbo will support X power number, if you do not have your ducks in a row, you cannot expect that figure. If the Fiesta is out of fuel with a lesser flowing turbo, then fueling upgrades would be needed to make more power with more air flow. Whether this comes in the form of methanol injection, Aux fuel kits, etc is something left up to the owner, and tuner. We have the turbo side handled for you guys...[thumb]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Hes alive! Welcome back from the dead buddy. :) Test out that turbo for me and give us the ol peloton review[drinking]
Thanks! I will. Hopefully Adam will be ready with this very soon as I am ready to pull the trigger, right now. Heh...

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Another local guy. You should come to a north texas st meet. We just had our weekly tuesday meet
Tuesdays are hard for me because I have a revolving chiropractic appointment on those nights and I've been messing around with my other *not so daily* driver. heh[:)]

What are you using for a core? Are you planning on producing a new core as well?
Per the first post in this thread: This turbo will not require you to send in your OEM core, you get to keep it. Why? Because we are recasting the factory turbo with bigger housings to fit bigger wheels, the CORRECT way to upgrade these turbos. The factory housings really limit what you can make for power on these cars, so we made sure to eliminate that restriction. This allows us to upgrade both the turbine wheel AND the compressor wheel, no clipping/cutting/modifying the stock wheel a TRUE turbine wheel upgrade without sacrificing spool.

DaveG99

Tuesdays are hard for me because I have a revolving chiropractic appointment on those nights and I've been messing around with my other *not so daily* driver. heh[:)]
Well hopefully we will see you at one of our meets or events.

I really want to believe this. I thought the X-47's issue was more that it ran out of fuel. Going with the old adage, more fuel and more air = more power, if the X47 ran out of fuel, what makes this turbo overcome that bottleneck?

Anything over around 300 is going to need some sort of auxiliary fuel. Wether meth or a 5th injector

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #96
Hopefully Stratified will get their 4 port aux fuel system on the market soon to feed these turbos.
We might beat them to the punch, I plan on having our port injection kit out before this turbo is released with true flex fuel compatibility.

Per the first post in this thread: This turbo will not require you to send in your OEM core, you get to keep it. Why? Because we are recasting the factory turbo with bigger housings to fit bigger wheels, the CORRECT way to upgrade these turbos. The factory housings really limit what you can make for power on these cars, so we made sure to eliminate that restriction. This allows us to upgrade both the turbine wheel AND the compressor wheel, no clipping/cutting/modifying the stock wheel a TRUE turbine wheel upgrade without sacrificing spool.
Thank you for quoting!

We might beat them to the punch, I plan on having our port injection kit out before this turbo is released with true flex fuel compatibility.

Awesomesauce! In that case, you'll definitely be getting my money. I needs moar fuel.

Will aux be better than methanol? Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to 'bigger' power. I plan on getting methanol injection soon.

I'm still a little ways off from turbo upgrade, but this one is looking really promising. 300whp is right about where I want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.