Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TUNE+ : New turbo upgrade coming, and you don't need to provide a core...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would recommend the following:

- Accessport (Required)
- Intercooler
- Downpipe - Recommended but not required, there are gains to be had with a downpipe on an upgraded turbo. Factory, not so much.
- Stock BOV will work, but if you looking to reach the limits a BOV would be recommended. I outlined the 3 options we will have available 2 pages back.
- Intake will be recommended as well, the factory holds upgraded turbos back around the 250-260 mark.
Just some follow up questions if you able:
How much gains do you lose on w/o an upgraded downpipe? I would rather keep the downpipe stock due to CA smog.
Additionally, in CA you can sometimes only get 91 octane. Sometimes I can get 92. So I plan to do nothing more than pump gas.
With accessport, intercooler, and intake - can you predict what an owner like myself might gain? It will help owners who are in the same boat as me make an informed decision.

Thanks very much...!

How am I just now seeing this and you're price is amazing. My guess is you need 1000 before letting anyone order or you'll be on back order after day 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the price point, the manufacturer being stateside, and the numbers look good. May actually pull the trigger on this one.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I basically called this months ago, btw (without knowledge of Vargas).
There are ways to keep doing this... Imagine, for a moment, the X-47S. Same thing, but now you get a bigger inlet and 5 more whp. Or the X-47+ that comes with a bigger wastegate disk AND a bigger inlet allowing another 15whp. The X-57 then comes along with all that, and includes a fancy new exhaust housing, that's roughly the same dimensions, but this one is cast specifically for the application and now we've got a hybrid turbo trying to claim 350whp. If Sour responds, this won't stop.

And now I've talked myself out of the iPhone 7 Plus.

Looking forward to seeing what this turbo can do!

Question; you state "If you never plan on using any fuel but 91/93oct The Stage 2 is for you. If you are looking to run E30, Methanol, or both the Stage 2+ is your turbo of choice. If you want all out power, running Aux Fuel and E40/E50/Race Gas the Stage 2+ MF is your baby"...however, the spool for Stage 2+ MF is only 200-300 RPM later. So what would be the reasoning for not spending the extra $200 in case we ever wanted to run Aux Fuel and E40/E50/Race Gas? Or even just spending another $100 and getting Stage 2+ in case we want to run E30 or Meth at some point?

I don't foresee myself running anything other than pump gas as E85 is extremely limited in New England, but should I ever move to where it is accessible I would like to be able to take advantage of that. Would a Stage 2+ or 2+ MF run worse on pump gas than the regular Stage 2? I'm just wondering why it makes sense to NOT future proof if there is no performance hit using the 2+ or 2+ MF on pump gas. Hopefully this question makes sense...

Question; you state "If you never plan on using any fuel but 91/93oct The Stage 2 is for you. If you are looking to run E30, Methanol, or both the Stage 2+ is your turbo of choice. If you want all out power, running Aux Fuel and E40/E50/Race Gas the Stage 2+ MF is your baby"...however, the spool for Stage 2+ MF is only 200-300 RPM later. So what would be the reasoning for not spending the extra $200 in case we ever wanted to run Aux Fuel and E40/E50/Race Gas? Or even just spending another $100 and getting Stage 2+ in case we want to run E30 or Meth at some point?

I don't foresee myself running anything other than pump gas as E85 is extremely limited in New England, but should I ever move to where it is accessible I would like to be able to take advantage of that. Would a Stage 2+ or 2+ MF run worse on pump gas than the regular Stage 2? I'm just wondering why it makes sense to NOT future proof if there is no performance hit using the 2+ or 2+ MF on pump gas. Hopefully this question makes sense...
I agree as well. I don't want to buy myself short off the bat it would be nice to go with the best set up and convert everything else should I do it when I get bored with the 300whp

My thoughts exact... Maybe we can see 300ish whp on 93 on the 2+ MF if the stock fuel system is capable of delivering around 330whp on non E-blends which should be wonderful for DD and then later down the road upgrade to AUX and run the advertised 350ish whp.... No!?

+1. I've yet to find an E85 pump in MA or NH

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #115
Just some follow up questions if you able:
How much gains do you lose on w/o an upgraded downpipe? I would rather keep the downpipe stock due to CA smog.
Additionally, in CA you can sometimes only get 91 octane. Sometimes I can get 92. So I plan to do nothing more than pump gas.
With accessport, intercooler, and intake - can you predict what an owner like myself might gain? It will help owners who are in the same boat as me make an informed decision.

Thanks very much...!
Downpipe is recommended but not needed, under 300whp you are leaving about 15whp on the table. With 91oct being your really only option you will be fine as you won't be component limited you will be octane limited.

You can definitely go for the biggest turbo, I was just outlining what each one is targeted to. If you want to start on pump gas and grow into the Stage2+ MF you aren't going to be hurting yourself at all. In fact after final testing we might end up with only one turbo as each one is going to be tested on 91/93/E30/E50.

You can definitely go for the biggest turbo, I was just outlining what each one is targeted to. If you want to start on pump gas and grow into the Stage2+ MF you aren't going to be hurting yourself at all. In fact after final testing we might end up with only one turbo as each one is going to be tested on 91/93/E30/E50.
Perfect, exactly what I was hoping to hear! Thank you.

+1. I've yet to find an E85 pump in MA or NH
I think there are only 2 in MA, on the flipside 100 octane is much more accessible where I live, like 300 ft from my house lol. Question becomes is it worth the $9.00 a gallon, have to wait and find out but I think regardless I will get a tune for 93 and 100 if I go this upgrade depending on results. E85 is a lot cheaper but 100 will yield more power if you are at the limit of the fuel system anyways and don't plan on adding aux fuel.

I think there are only 2 in MA, on the flipside 100 octane is much more accessible where I live, like 300 ft from my house lol. Question becomes is it worth the $9.00 a gallon, have to wait and find out but I think regardless I will get a tune for 93 and 100 if I go this upgrade depending on results. E85 is a lot cheaper but 100 will yield more power if you are at the limit of the fuel system anyways and don't plan on adding aux fuel.
I keep forgetting that 100 is an option. Thanks for the reminder![drinking]

jah2498

We might beat them to the punch, I plan on having our port injection kit out before this turbo is released with true flex fuel compatibility.
I dunno how you think you're gonna get away with bringing up flex fuel and then not talking about flex fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.