Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TUNE+ : New turbo upgrade coming, and you don't need to provide a core...

Status
Not open for further replies.
E85 is virtually non-existant here. I have run meth preturbo on my Rx7 with good results but I went through great lengths to make it rock solid. It was also a car I didn't drive daily. Not a fan of plastic tanks and lines. Would have been great if our cars were flex fuel out the box with a content sensor.

My goal has always been 300whp and it seems this will by far be the easiest route to do it on 93. Very stoked to see results as this thing comes to fruition!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think there are only 2 in MA, on the flipside 100 octane is much more accessible where I live, like 300 ft from my house lol. Question becomes is it worth the $9.00 a gallon, have to wait and find out but I think regardless I will get a tune for 93 and 100 if I go this upgrade depending on results. E85 is a lot cheaper but 100 will yield more power if you are at the limit of the fuel system anyways and don't plan on adding aux fuel.
You have our local Sunoco's GT 100 at the pump price beat by a buck, and our E85 station across the street from that one gets almost $9.00/gal. for their E98 Racing fuel at the pump.

I have one of the first x37 from adam tuned on a dyno in person in st paul. I am wondering what will be the suggested intercooler if I step up to this new turbo? thanks, bob

I have one of the first x37 from adam tuned on a dyno in person in st paul. I am wondering what will be the suggested intercooler if I step up to this new turbo? thanks, bob
Unrelated to your question, but if you were to upgrade to that turbo do you have any idea what you'd sell the X37 for?

Intercooler is going to depend on power goal and the boost needed to hit that goal. I think any of the main brand stock mounts will do fine up to 300whp. Beyond that, I would go DHM Race. There are many variables such as what the car is used for and the environmental temperatures that will affect efficiency. I have a Mishimoto stock mount with a goal of 300whp. I'll be staying there initially and keeping an eye on my intake temps. If it soaks too much, I will upgrade.

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #132
Hey Bob,

I would still recommend the MAP one we spoke about when we were on the dyno. The core size and efficiency will support more than this turbo would ever be able to put out. Plus, you support a local business (to you, as I'm in TX now) haha. They are on my site and you save on tax as I'm out of state now.

www.adamtuned.com

Hey bob do you have a stock intercooler right now?
Basically, he is on the Mountune IC. On the dyno with 80° ambient temp it was seeing 150° CAT's. Definitely not ideal.

I'm currently running the MAP intercooler and I rarely see 10 degrees above ambient out here in Arizona. I'm on a big turbo as well. Spoke to the guys at MAP before purchasing and they said they were confident it can handle up to 500 hp no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pending data this turbo with DHM race intercooler and crash bar will probably happen when I get back to the US...man I need to stop saying that lol.

jayrod1980

I'm really excited about the port injection. Relieves all the carbon buildup issues too! Will it be ready by the time you release the turbo?

I'm curious about the intake requirement. Are we talking about any decent aftermarket intake or the crazy one that sits up in the cowl area?

Any idea of ballpark price on said injection system? With all these mods coming near the end of the year I'm either going to have to take some transmission work classes for an LSD or find a reputable shop in Vegas that won't charge $1000 for labor.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I contacted Stratified a few weeks back about the Port kit. Pricing will be close to the Fost kit.

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #139
I'm really excited about the port injection. Relieves all the carbon buildup issues too! Will it be ready by the time you release the turbo?

I'm curious about the intake requirement. Are we talking about any decent aftermarket intake or the crazy one that sits up in the cowl area?

Any idea of ballpark price on said injection system? With all these mods coming near the end of the year I'm either going to have to take some transmission work classes for an LSD or find a reputable shop in Vegas that won't charge $1000 for labor.

The port injection kit will hopefully be ready to go as soon as the turbo. We are ironing out the controller now, needs a few tweaks as we added some compensations to the software and a barometric pressure sensor.

The port injection kit will hopefully be ready to go as soon as the turbo. We are ironing out the controller now, needs a few tweaks as we added some compensations to the software and a barometric pressure sensor.
Any idea of a price range for the kit as of yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.