Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TUNE+ : New turbo upgrade coming, and you don't need to provide a core...

Status
Not open for further replies.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
If you want to upgrade the turbine, it would be extremely simple. They make that same turbine housing in GT28 size, I have spare GT28 genuine Garrett turbines sitting here from turbos we bought, and robbed the internals out of. Depending on the size of the compressor they use. It would be very easy to upgrade your unit to say GTX2860 spec, GTX2863 or GTX2867 spec. We have all those wheels in stock. Response will suffer, but it would hold boost nicely up top. If you are interested drop us an email we can gladly quote you for the conversion.
Actually this interest me very much.....Could this mean peace? LOL

If you want to upgrade the turbine, it would be extremely simple. They make that same turbine housing in GT28 size, I have spare GT28 genuine Garrett turbines sitting here from turbos we bought, and robbed the internals out of. Depending on the size of the compressor they use. It would be very easy to upgrade your unit to say GTX2860 spec, GTX2863 or GTX2867 spec. We have all those wheels in stock. Response will suffer, but it would hold boost nicely up top. If you are interested drop us an email we can gladly quote you for the conversion.
Interesting.... could something like this be done for the original 2554 as well or would it be a better idea to just look for a better turbo that would suit my power needs ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Lot of people mistake my bluntness for actually arguing. We are a business, we do business things, forum drama is not of much interest to us. If you have a turbo you need upgraded, we are happy to upgrade it for you. Sales@vargasturbo.com for a quote. Would take about 1-2 weeks to complete depending on how swamped we are at that time. This is just swapping housings, and wheels assuming your CHRA is still good.

Interesting.... could something like this be done for the original 2554 as well or would it be a better idea to just look for a better turbo that would suit my power needs ?

If you have a good working CHRA, this can be done, but you would also need housings, etc. Since this turbo already has a bigger compressor, and housing, its easier to upgrade the turbine side, and its not a mismatch

If you have a good working CHRA, this can be done, but you would also need housings, etc. Since this turbo already has a bigger compressor, and housing, its easier to upgrade the turbine side, and its not a mismatch
Yeah I kinda figured that would be the answer [emoji1303] so where are you on development for your turbos ? Any general time line this year or early next?

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #246
Yeah I kinda figured that would be the answer [emoji1303] so where are you on development for your turbos ? Any general time line this year or early next?

We are looking at fall. Turbos are being casted now for the first test units.

Hi,
I post same question on other thread, and I would have Adam advice on this :

I will get only 91octane, no aux fuel, so 91octane tune only.
Will I get a better result with a stage2+ MF VTT instead of a stage2 VTT ?
Fuel won't it be the bottleneck that will not make difference between the small and the big VTTs ?

Thank you.
Hmmm, before the thread being closed by admin, can you give me an advice about which type of turbo I have to choose ?
I was planning on getting Pumaspeed turbos, but VTTs could be something that interests me.
Thanks !

[MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] How do you feel about these turbos being a 300+ whp option for us Alaskans that only have 90 octane gas? Achievable with WMI you think?

I'm very excited, nonetheless

AzNightmare

Well... eventually when data gets posted up, if the numbers are good. Everyone will come crawling back.
They key is to just let the product do the talking, as others have already mentioned.

Keith

I'm also looking for any crumb of information to keep me from going elsewhere in search of a turbo upgrade.

There won't be any show, when the turbo arrives to us and we get the testing done we will post up the results. If all is well they will go into production and start hitting peoples doors before the snow flies. Until then there won't be any updates as the next step is testing.
As he said above, there won't be any updates until the testing is done, and late fall/early winter is the earliest we'll see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.