Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TUNE+ : New turbo upgrade coming, and you don't need to provide a core...

Status
Not open for further replies.
First turbo that has me real interested. How reliably can the stock block handle this kinda flow? (From the stage 2 ~300 WHP) Would tuning for lower power like 260-270 increase reliability?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
First turbo that has me real interested. How reliably can the stock block handle this kinda flow? (From the stage 2 ~300 WHP) Would tuning for lower power like 260-270 increase reliability?
Stock blocks are safe until roughly 390-400whp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #12
Interesting developments. You will corner the market. I prefer to buy american. Im sure some here have the same sentiments. Gd luck with this endeavor.
I mean, the turbo you have on your car is casted overseas and has been modified with KTS Chinese Wheels in America. Not sure that counts as buying American. The OEM turbo is not made in America to begin with and now neither are the components in your turbo.

However, this turbo will be machined, assembled, and balanced in California.

Player 3 has entered the game
Ha, I was player 2 and 3.

Stock block is pretty stout, DHM will confirm this. I like to set the bar for the stock block to around 350whp safely. Obviously the less power you make on an engine the less stress it will endure, ultimately increasing longevity.

Hower Ish has been making 300whp with a tapped out fuel system for almost a year now, no hiccups!

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I mean, the turbo you have on your car is casted overseas and has been modified with KTS Chinese Wheels in America. Not sure that counts as buying American. The OEM turbo is not made in America to begin with and now neither are the components in your turbo.

Stock block is pretty stout, DHM will confirm this. I like to set the bar for the stock block to around 350whp safely. Obviously the less power you make on an engine the less stress it will endure, ultimately increasing longevity.

Hower Ish has been making 300whp with a tapped out fuel system for almost a year now, no hiccups!
Supporting american bizzness

Great post Adam, looking forward to being part of a new community, and working with some great people, and companies! Adam, is point on this upgrade, he convinced us you guys needed it, so we put in the effort to do it right, and get it done. If you have technical turbo related questions we will be glad to help answer them, but all sales, and ordering questions would be through Adam, or the two approved dealers.

Slight back ground on our current ecoboost units. Our similar in design cast turbo for the Mustang Ecoboost holds the stock motor 1/4 record 10.7, stock location turbo power record, all while retain stock appearance. Our Focus RS turbo is based off the Mustang unit, and the first 10 units are shipping this week. We had a large batch of these cast, so once they are finished, these will be on the shelf for same or next day shipping when ordered. This means, no long lead times, no down time sending cores back, and forth, none of the stuff you guys are typically used to seeing with aftermarket stock location upgrades. We pride ourselves on the fact that these units retain factory or near factory spool, with aftermarket turbo kit power levels, ease of install, and no annoying core charges.

With that said, take it away Adam, looking forward to whats to come, and creating some fast ST's! [cool]

[MENTION=7953]VargasTurboTech[/MENTION] , welcome to the Forum! We're always excited to have new options available. Since just about EVERYONE here wants to know, do you have any pics/data/compressor maps you could share with us at this time?

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #17
Interesting developments. You will corner the market. I prefer to buy american. Im sure some here have the same sentiments. Gd luck with this endeavor.
We all American!

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #18
We all American!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
And the stock clutch?
That's gonna depend on your torque. The DHM GTX kits usually see around 350wtq and we've seen the stock clutch last a few months over 400wtq on the Nitrous/stock turbo car. Hell, the FiST 1/4 record is STILL on his stock clutch.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

We've got a few cars at 380whp on stock blocks that have been fine. We warn at 360whp, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Community Posts