Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TUNE+ : New turbo upgrade coming, and you don't need to provide a core...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the fuel kits going to have any fitment issues with the mishimoto radiator? It reduces the area in front of the engine by a good inch and a half. I heard of one of the aux kits available not fitting with the radiator. It'd be good to know because if it doesn't I'll get the strat kit and have you tune that instead.

JasonHaven

I like Adam's response... just let the turbo come out, we'll see power results. Given time, we'll see reliability results. I don't understand the need for drama, yet again. I'm excited to see what this does, compared to the MRX. Will I purchase anything? Hell if I know, but I'm certainly interested in finding a balanced turbo upgrade. Reliability is a must, though, so I'll be patient, as always.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This wasn't mentioned in the first post but will the GFB DV+ work with this turbo? I'd like to reuse mine.

Are the fuel kits going to have any fitment issues with the mishimoto radiator? It reduces the area in front of the engine by a good inch and a half. I heard of one of the aux kits available not fitting with the radiator. It'd be good to know because if it doesn't I'll get the strat kit and have you tune that instead.
This question again cuz it's getting lost in the drama.

Brura22

Well, the Boomba spacer doesn't fit with the Mishi radiator, so if I had to GUESS, the size spacer required to run port fuel injectors will probably be similar to the Boomba one.
Soooo id say no. But I have zero info, just a guess.
Id check out Mountunes new radiator if you have to swap.

[MENTION=3494]AntTrain[/MENTION] I asked Adam the same question, as I have the Mishi radiator. The part that's going to hit is the cold side charge pipe. He said he'll have an offset silicone coupler that replaces the one where the charge pipe goes to the throttle body. It'll step the charge pipe back towards the engine and away from the radiator so it won't hit.

[MENTION=3494]AntTrain[/MENTION] I asked Adam the same question, as I have the Mishi radiator. The part that's going to hit is the cold side charge pipe. He said he'll have an offset silicone coupler that replaces the one where the charge pipe goes to the throttle body. It'll step the charge pipe back towards the engine and away from the radiator so it won't hit.
Nice!

You will be using a factory turbo then recasting the housings to run bigger turbine & compressor. I assume the rotating assembly will be upgraded to handle the larger wheels. The turbo will remain a journal bearing? How do you plan to achieve stock spool with large enough wheels to produce 300whp+? Also, when 300whp was stated, was that intended to be say 93 octane. As we know, a smaller hybrid can hit 300 with aux or meth. It takes a bigger setup to do it on 93..

Thanks. Just curious questions. :)

Awesome! [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] can we expect a group buy? If we come down to you what is the pricing like? (I can't say no to Texas)

Hey guys, just checking back in. Things are moving along nicely, we have approved most of the design elements, and are getting ready to approve sample production. Once we do that, we will send that unit to Adam to be put through its paces.

As for the previous drama, all we can say is Karma usually takes care of things. The people accusing us, and spreading slander seem to have disappeared. We apologize for any of that drama, and are excited to bring this upgrade to the platform!

So how many different turbos is it looking like it's going to be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

JasonHaven

Still looking forward to seeing more options, especially with some other vendors closing up. Thanks for keeping us updated. [cheers]

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #197

That is correct, we offset couplers to address some chargepipe/radiator fitment issues, however there is no 100% answer until we finish the final design and have someone that is able to produce the final product. The intention is to actually move the intake manifold in a position that puts it no further out than 1/2". Yes it can be done, we have a creative way in doing so.

Awesome! [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] can we expect a group buy? If we come down to you what is the pricing like? (I can't say no to Texas)
If you come to TX to get the turbo installed and tuned, there will be a deal. However if you are just coming here to pick up the turbo there won't be any discounts unfortunately as we would have to charge tax.

As far as group buy, it wouldn't make sense on our part. There is no other product like this on the market and it is going to be prices extremely well. So a conscience business decision would be to just sell them for a set price and never increase the cost/retail. A solid product.

So, not to stir up drama or bring another topic into this. There was a few post that had people second guessing Vargas because of a post about the Focus RS upgrades. Well, we got all the turbos that were shipped back to Vargas to be updated with a preventative solution and back into the customers hands in less than a week at no cost to any customers. Now they are ending up on cars and performing. Just the other day we installed and tuned a Vargas Stage 2 on a Focus RS w/ the update and it made 406whp/450wtq on 24.5psi. It would have made MUCH more, but we ran out of fuel (E30/stock fuel system).

I delivered the car to a customer about 2 hours away once it was all done and the whole drive there I couldn't keep a smile off my face. It spooled exactly how I would want, it pulled up top, and it sounds AWESOME at full boost through the stock RS airbox. With an intake it would just sound INSANE.

Just another product to add to the WIN column for Vargas. The Fiesta will be no different.

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #198

That is correct, we offset couplers to address some chargepipe/radiator fitment issues, however there is no 100% answer until we finish the final design and have someone that is able to produce the final product. The intention is to actually move the intake manifold in a position that puts it no further out than 1/2". Yes it can be done, we have a creative way in doing so.

If you come to TX to get the turbo installed and tuned, there will be a deal. However if you are just coming here to pick up the turbo there won't be any discounts unfortunately as we would have to charge tax.

As far as group buy, it wouldn't make sense on our part. There is no other product like this on the market and it is going to be prices extremely well. So a conscience business decision would be to just sell them for a set price and never increase the cost/retail. A solid product.

So, not to stir up drama or bring another topic into this. There was a few post that had people second guessing Vargas because of a post about the Focus RS upgrades. Well, we got all the turbos that were shipped back to Vargas to be updated with a preventative solution and back into the customers hands in less than a week at no cost to any customers. Now they are ending up on cars and performing. Just the other day we installed and tuned a Vargas Stage 2 on a Focus RS w/ the update and it made 406whp/450wtq on 24.5psi. It would have made MUCH more, but we ran out of fuel (E30/stock fuel system).

I delivered the car to a customer about 2 hours away once it was all done and the whole drive there I couldn't keep a smile off my face. It spooled exactly how I would want, it pulled up top, and it sounds AWESOME at full boost through the stock RS airbox. With an intake it would just sound INSANE.

Just another product to add to the WIN column for Vargas. The Fiesta will be no different.

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #200
Updated the first post:

EDIT - Because of recent events we have decided to not allow other dealers for this turbo. Once it is released we will be the sole distributor/retailer for this product.

I receive multiple emails for updates, the original post outlines:

The ETA for production to finalize is about 2-3 months from now. I know it is a long wait, this is why we are not taking pre-orders. We want to make sure that these are en-route to us before we accept a single penny from a customer.

That was on 5-16, so we are coming up to 2 months. There was a little confusion on the wording "production to finalize", what we mean by that is the final drawings and product approvals will be finalized within 2-3 months. We will have a prototype before hand for testing, then the production will begin. Vargas will have a better idea on how long the production will take once the actual turbo is ready for production.

Status
Not open for further replies.