Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member 655 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by antarctica24 View Post
    I'm still here. I now have 175,300. Still on factory clutch, but I did not do the x-37. I wasn't going to upgrade and now I am placing my order for the x-47 and puma header on the 10th of June. I am going to have to finally replace the oil pan gasket. Ford sent me a recall notice for the cylinder head so I'm going to go ahead and replace the coolant hoses and serpentine belt when they replace the cylinder head. I am also working on the design of a new hood
    Your FiST is a '14?
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Member 264 Rep Points antarctica24's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Spokane
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    Your FiST is a '14?
    Yep, bought it last weekend in November 2013.

Member 15 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Port Hueneme
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 15 has just rolled over 7K. Rookie numbers.

Member 113 Rep Points Capri to ST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    CHAPEL HILL
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still here. I now have 175,300. Still on factory clutch, but I did not do the x-37. I wasn't going to upgrade and now I am placing my order for the x-47 and puma header on the 10th of June. I am going to have to finally replace the oil pan gasket. Ford sent me a recall notice for the cylinder head so I'm going to go ahead and replace the coolant hoses and serpentine belt when they replace the cylinder head. I am also working on the design of a new hood
    When you say still on factory clutch, am I right that you mean the original one that came with the car, not a replaced factory clutch? And are you still on the original shocks? Any repairs done? Thanks for posting, this is helpful info.
    2016 KONA BLUE FIESTA ST
    RECAROS, 17 x 7 TD PRO RACE 1.2 WHEELS
    1995 ACURA NSX-T

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Spokane
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Capri to ST View Post
    When you say still on factory clutch, am I right that you mean the original one that came with the car, not a replaced factory clutch? And are you still on the original shocks? Any repairs done? Thanks for posting, this is helpful info.
    Fair question

As for what I have done you can check out my build page. But the break down the clutch in my car is the clutch that came with my car. I drove the car facotry without any modifications for the first 100,000. Then I added a ma percormance fmic, cold side and hot side pipe, cpe intake, ma performance catted down pipe, and ma performance exhaust bc coilovers, 6 point up front, cup spoilers, wilwood 6 piston brakes.

Still running on clutch that came from car they day I bought it. As for repairs. At 100,000 miles I changed tranny fluid, plugs, and coolant.

Now at 175,300 I got a letter from Ford about a recall on the cylinder head. So when they go to do that I am replacing the coolant, coolant hoses, timing belt, oil pan gasket rear main seal, tranny fluid, and plugs. I was going to let them swap the turbo to the x-47 because they have to take the headers off anyway but I probably won't wait that long and will just do that myself. I may decide at that point to replace the clutch but I have not decided yet. It is still holding as well as the throw out bearing. Go figure. This is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned a lot.

I am designing my own hood with useful radiator vents and may add wider fenders and a rs style wing with wider wheels but the jury is still out on the fenders and wheels. My problem with wider tires is loss of traction in the wet. The 205's are really a nice blend for wet and dry.

Oh and on the ma performance exhaust. It looked really nice but way to noisy so I have designed my own using a vibrant resonator and a bkrla xr muffler. I think it sound much better and it is much quieter in the car.

But no repairs ever. I do have a small rock chip in the windshield. 😁

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Ashburn
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair question

As for what I have done you can check out my build page. But the break down the clutch in my car is the clutch that came with my car. I drove the car facotry without any modifications for the first 100,000. Then I added a ma percormance fmic, cold side and hot side pipe, cpe intake, ma performance catted down pipe, and ma performance exhaust bc coilovers, 6 point up front, cup spoilers, wilwood 6 piston brakes.

Still running on clutch that came from car they day I bought it. As for repairs. At 100,000 miles I changed tranny fluid, plugs, and coolant.

Now at 175,300 I got a letter from Ford about a recall on the cylinder head. So when they go to do that I am replacing the coolant, coolant hoses, timing belt, oil pan gasket rear main seal, tranny fluid, and plugs. I was going to let them swap the turbo to the x-47 because they have to take the headers off anyway but I probably won't wait that long and will just do that myself. I may decide at that point to replace the clutch but I have not decided yet. It is still holding as well as the throw out bearing. Go figure. This is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned a lot.

I am designing my own hood with useful radiator vents and may add wider fenders and a rs style wing with wider wheels but the jury is still out on the fenders and wheels. My problem with wider tires is loss of traction in the wet. The 205's are really a nice blend for wet and dry.

Oh and on the ma performance exhaust. It looked really nice but way to noisy so I have designed my own using a vibrant resonator and a bkrla xr muffler. I think it sound much better and it is much quieter in the car.

But no repairs ever. I do have a small rock chip in the windshield.
    How often are your oil changes and what oil/filter do you use?

Member 33 Rep Points kevinatfms's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Germantown
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51,000ish here. Just replaced my OEM Bridgestones and brakes will happen this weekend.

Everything else is golden. Great car. Tons-o-fun.
    FORD CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN 2004-2011
    KIA/HYUNDAI GDS4 TECHNICIAN 2004-2007

15 Fiesta ST Oxford White
    2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax Graphite

New Member 15 Rep Points BradApples's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Denton
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 2014 with 55k. Aside from the dumb blend door actuator I've had no issues (and that cost me less than $10 and an hour). I change my plugs every 15k and my oil every 3k, flushed every fluid at least once. The car does get pretty hot in the Texas heat, so I may be doing an aluminum radiator in the future.
    2014 Race Red "June" | Recaros & Sunroof

COBB - AP, RMM, Intake System | Go Fast Bits - DV+ Diverter Valve | no-pistons - Dead Pedal | MTC - Intercooler
    Depo Racing - Catted Downpipe | MBRP - Pro-Series Catback | Tune+ - 93 Tune | Rally Armor - Mud Flaps
    Boomba Racing - Short Throw Shifter, Base & Bracket Bushings, Transmission Adapter Plate

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Spokane
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STArk View Post
    How often are your oil changes and what oil/filter do you use?
    every 3000 miles and I don't use anything but 100 percent synthetic. I use the factory oil filter

Senior Member 655 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    every 3000 miles and I don't use anything but 100 percent synthetic. I use the factory oil filter
    The U.S./North America have very different definitions of what a "full/100% synthetic" is as compared to England/Europe/ROW, not that it's ever been absolutely proven to make a difference, save for all-out competition use.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12