Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Most miles on a FiST? AKA: Fiesta that has been loved the most.

My 2015 FiST, Bender, has 57,524 miles on it as of today. Who has the most miles on their FiST?

Has anyone done more than 100k yet? Have any of you had any major components fail?

I know of a regular Fiesta sedan in New Mexico that had over 800,000 miles on it last I checked, and although I don't expect to have that kind of reliability, I'm hoping to get north of 200k out of mine, if at all possible.

zanethan

Someone on here has over 200k on his. As I remember nothing major happened to his. I think he's on the stock clutch too.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
[MENTION=929]antarctica24[/MENTION] I believe has lots of miles.

hes still on stock clutch, and he upgraded to a x37 at 168k I believe. Antarctica something. haven't seen him post anything in a while though, i'm curious as well.

antarctica24

hes still on stock clutch, and he upgraded to a x37 at 168k I believe. Antarctica something. haven't seen him post anything in a while though, i'm curious as well.
I'm still here. I now have 175,300. Still on factory clutch, but I did not do the x-37. I wasn't going to upgrade and now I am placing my order for the x-47 and puma header on the 10th of June. I am going to have to finally replace the oil pan gasket. Ford sent me a recall notice for the cylinder head so I'm going to go ahead and replace the coolant hoses and serpentine belt when they replace the cylinder head. I am also working on the design of a new hood

I'm curious to see what your valves look like when they pull your cylinder head, you should take pictures so we have an idea what to expect at 175,000 miles

zanethan

No the recall involves re-plumbing the turbo coolant return line and adding a low coolant sensor.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm still here. I now have 175,300. Still on factory clutch, but I did not do the x-37. I wasn't going to upgrade and now I am placing my order for the x-47 and puma header on the 10th of June. I am going to have to finally replace the oil pan gasket. Ford sent me a recall notice for the cylinder head so I'm going to go ahead and replace the coolant hoses and serpentine belt when they replace the cylinder head. I am also working on the design of a new hood
Your FiST is a '14?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
When you say still on factory clutch, am I right that you mean the original one that came with the car, not a replaced factory clutch? And are you still on the original shocks? Any repairs done? Thanks for posting, this is helpful info.

antarctica24

When you say still on factory clutch, am I right that you mean the original one that came with the car, not a replaced factory clutch? And are you still on the original shocks? Any repairs done? Thanks for posting, this is helpful info.
Fair question

As for what I have done you can check out my build page. But the break down the clutch in my car is the clutch that came with my car. I drove the car facotry without any modifications for the first 100,000. Then I added a ma percormance fmic, cold side and hot side pipe, cpe intake, ma performance catted down pipe, and ma performance exhaust bc coilovers, 6 point up front, cup spoilers, wilwood 6 piston brakes.

Still running on clutch that came from car they day I bought it. As for repairs. At 100,000 miles I changed tranny fluid, plugs, and coolant.

Now at 175,300 I got a letter from Ford about a recall on the cylinder head. So when they go to do that I am replacing the coolant, coolant hoses, timing belt, oil pan gasket rear main seal, tranny fluid, and plugs. I was going to let them swap the turbo to the x-47 because they have to take the headers off anyway but I probably won't wait that long and will just do that myself. I may decide at that point to replace the clutch but I have not decided yet. It is still holding as well as the throw out bearing. Go figure. This is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned a lot.

I am designing my own hood with useful radiator vents and may add wider fenders and a rs style wing with wider wheels but the jury is still out on the fenders and wheels. My problem with wider tires is loss of traction in the wet. The 205's are really a nice blend for wet and dry.

Oh and on the ma performance exhaust. It looked really nice but way to noisy so I have designed my own using a vibrant resonator and a bkrla xr muffler. I think it sound much better and it is much quieter in the car.

But no repairs ever. I do have a small rock chip in the windshield. 😁

Fair question

As for what I have done you can check out my build page. But the break down the clutch in my car is the clutch that came with my car. I drove the car facotry without any modifications for the first 100,000. Then I added a ma percormance fmic, cold side and hot side pipe, cpe intake, ma performance catted down pipe, and ma performance exhaust bc coilovers, 6 point up front, cup spoilers, wilwood 6 piston brakes.

Still running on clutch that came from car they day I bought it. As for repairs. At 100,000 miles I changed tranny fluid, plugs, and coolant.

Now at 175,300 I got a letter from Ford about a recall on the cylinder head. So when they go to do that I am replacing the coolant, coolant hoses, timing belt, oil pan gasket rear main seal, tranny fluid, and plugs. I was going to let them swap the turbo to the x-47 because they have to take the headers off anyway but I probably won't wait that long and will just do that myself. I may decide at that point to replace the clutch but I have not decided yet. It is still holding as well as the throw out bearing. Go figure. This is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned a lot.

I am designing my own hood with useful radiator vents and may add wider fenders and a rs style wing with wider wheels but the jury is still out on the fenders and wheels. My problem with wider tires is loss of traction in the wet. The 205's are really a nice blend for wet and dry.

Oh and on the ma performance exhaust. It looked really nice but way to noisy so I have designed my own using a vibrant resonator and a bkrla xr muffler. I think it sound much better and it is much quieter in the car.

But no repairs ever. I do have a small rock chip in the windshield. ??????
How often are your oil changes and what oil/filter do you use?

kevinatfms

51,000ish here. Just replaced my OEM Bridgestones and brakes will happen this weekend.

Everything else is golden. Great car. Tons-o-fun.

I have a 2014 with 55k. Aside from the dumb blend door actuator I've had no issues (and that cost me less than $10 and an hour). I change my plugs every 15k and my oil every 3k, flushed every fluid at least once. The car does get pretty hot in the Texas heat, so I may be doing an aluminum radiator in the future.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
every 3000 miles and I don't use anything but 100 percent synthetic. I use the factory oil filter
The U.S./North America have very different definitions of what a "full/100% synthetic" is as compared to England/Europe/ROW, not that it's ever been absolutely proven to make a difference, save for all-out competition use. [wink]