Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Floor Jack Area

Ive never seen a jack on a pinch weld roll and slip....But I did have a friend Die..... Do too working alone and the jack was put into a NON Common Jack stand application spot then slip and crush him to death. Food For thought....[thankyou]
Just re-read my post and realized I was not clear. I use the central points to lift the car, and then place jack stands at the pinch welds to actually support the car. I never, ever get under the car unless it is on all four stands at the pinch welds, and I have checked that it is stable.

pixelzombie

Ive never seen a jack on a pinch weld roll and slip....But I did have a friend Die..... Do too working alone and the jack was put into a NON Common Jack stand application spot then slip and crush him to death. Food For thought....[thankyou]
Sorry to hear that, that's just awful.
Was he using two jack stands when this happened?

Generally if you're jacking on a subframe in a non-standard location you want to pick a flat spot which is near a spot where it attaches to the body. If you have a dished jack, you can sometimes place the subframe bolt in the middle. Don't go under the car with out at least two methods old holding up a car, make sure the wheels are blocked, the ground surface is solid, etc.