Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for New Fiesta ST on Long Island

Hello
I have been doing lots of reading and pretty sure im gonna be buying a Fiesta ST. I have an appointment to test drive one tomorrow. My recent toy cars have been a 2009 Cobalt SS, 2013 Cooper S and a 2015 GTI. I only regret selling the Cobalt SS. I am hoping tje fiesta will ride decent, be fun to drive amd get decent fuel economy. This will be my daily and toy car in one. All of the local dealers stock recaro and sunroof cars, i dont want either of those options so it looks like ill be making a journey to purchase one assuming I like it after my test drive. Any advice as to where to find the best price in the northeast?
Thanks
Scott

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Check out Koons Ford in Maryland, definitely worth the drive off the island to get a significantly better price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
I checked their website. They are a lot cheaper. I wonder how they do that.
Thanks for the advice 😀

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
They move a lot of cars and are known for it. While their profit margins are lower initially they probably do really well with Ford monthly and yearly bonuses based on vehicles sold.

They had one in stock near me in Riverhead a few months ago, but like you said, had all the options. So I told him what I wanted, and they grabbed one from another dealer with everything I wanted. Just had to wait a few days. Good luck!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Check out Koons Ford in Maryland, definitely worth the drive off the island to get a significantly better price.

+1! and x1000!

I WISH I would have rented a car, and gone there to buy mine. [mad] [:(]

OP
C
Thread Starter #10
Koons says the can get me out the door for about 22 for a base st. Seems pretty good too me

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Watch out for Koon's ads.......super low prices, then fine print says you can't get it for that price. Tried to work a deal online and just gave up when another out of state dealer had a better price and it took days to get a "real" price from Koon's. I would not trust them for a long distance purchase. I went out of state to buy my car but ruled them out. Could have been the person I was working with, but who knows. Both the ads and the sales guy seemed awfully shady to me. I have read of great deals on the forum which is why I tried them. As with all purchases....caveat emptor.

OP
C
Thread Starter #12
Well 22k out the door is the 18625 plus delivery plus the dealer fee plus tags plus tax. I haven't spoken on the phone with them yet but have sent and received several emails.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Well 22k out the door is the 18625 plus delivery plus the dealer fee plus tags plus tax. I haven't spoken on the phone with them yet but have sent and received several emails.
Lots of people have been pleased with them.....my experience was not so good. Hope it works for you. That is looking like a good price to me.......what Koon's did to me was give me a great price over the internet, but when I asked for a sales contract to be sent to my bank to pick up a check the price went up over $1500 for various fees and non valid rebates they had taken off the price. That is when I read their ad that said the advertised price includes rebates you probably cannot get plus other fees are additional. Keep in mind the "fees" are straight profit on top of the sales prices and some states have laws on what they can charge. I had my $600 "fees" refunded by Ford when I complained to Customer Care. They made the dealer overnight me a check. (Some dealers in Georgia try to charge up to $1000 in dealer fees I found when shopping). At that point I lost any desire to travel there and hope I get the car at the agreed on price when I arrived. As I said, others on the Forum have had good experiences there.......could have been the idiot I was working with. Have mucho fun when you do get it!

OP
C
Thread Starter #14
Thank you for the advice. Some other dealer already beat koons price by a bit and they are a lot closer to my house. Now I just need to wait until they get it in stock. It is on order.