Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Climate control randomly turning on

Today was the first day I experienced this in the year I've owned my2016 FIst. Driving home with the ambient air temp being 91° my a/c randomly turned on from being off. I had the windows open and didn't want a/c and it was off. Then it would turn on full blast. I'd shut auto off shut a/c off then turn the whole thing off. Minutes later it would turn back on. Happened 5 times. Anyone else? Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Today was the first day I experienced this in the year I've owned my2016 FIst. Driving home with the ambient air temp being 91° my a/c randomly turned on from being off. I had the windows open and didn't want a/c and it was off. Then it would turn on full blast. I'd shut auto off shut a/c off then turn the whole thing off. Minutes later it would turn back on. Happened 5 times. Anyone else? Any thoughts?

I made a thread on this a year or so ago. There is a Ford video explaining this. The reason the AC turns on is that the system detected a large amount of humidity and figured it needs to clear the window before it get fogged up. So it is by design and nothing to worry about. Just hit the AC off again. That is what I do.

Did you ever figure it out? I’ve been having this problem in my 2016 FIst.