Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
7 Likes

Thread: To ST now, or ST later?

Member 96 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Arlington
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagoon2.7TT View Post
    That's a great point about NAFTA and CAFE, I didn't consider that. I just kind of assumed they wouldn't bring it back because of the current SUV/CUV craze taking over sales.
    You're right, the SUV/CUV craze (and cheap gas) is what is ultimately killing cars like the Fiesta. The only reason it still exists in the US market is because a) CAFE forces manufacturers to make small, fuel efficient cars, and b) NAFTA allows them to make the cars more cheaply in Mexico. If either of those change under the current administration (both of which seem somewhat likely if they can avoid scandal for long enough to pass something), it may be the last straw.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Columbus
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biased opinion: get one now!
    The next-gen one is an unknown quantity. It may not be fun like we hope.
    The current version is an absolute riot, and pretty ridiculously cheap this model year (I think car sales have been cratering all over?).
    Aside: I definitely recommend at least taking it to an autocross and taking advantage of the free driving school (if you go new). It is super drifty but in a gentle, not-going-to-kill-you-even-if-you're-an-idiot way.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Sun Valley
    State
    ID
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another great thing to consider! The current model is a complete known, and I can pretty easily modify most of the things that I would like to see improved in the cabin. Whereas the new model could bring awesome cabin improvements for example, but also other issues that are as yet unknown. Dealers in my area are stickering new base 2017s just south of 18k, which seems really decent. (Recaros and the sunroof are dealbreakers for me though.)

I have friends I could visit in Salt Lake City, maybe I should just make a long weekend of it and head down to Octane Academy!

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Ooltewah
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skidro87 View Post
    You are thinking between current gen 1.6 turbo and the next gen 3 cylinder?
    Do you plan to mod? Have you thought how much hp you desire?
    What type of driving? Is it a commuter?

At the end of the day it's still a fiesta lol get the best price
    If you want to mod, I'd get a late 2015 model, 2016+ have an annoying intake configuration, 2014 have warranty issues with head/coolant
    The 16's annoying intake is permanently cured with a Ford $60 hose without bypassing anything like some of the "fixes".

The real question is will there be an '18 ST in the U.S.? Ford still has made no announcements nor "spy" photos showing any being tested here. Ford's statement with the European debut was a vague something about addressing the North American market later. Wonder when later will be? If we don't get a new one the smart dealers will order lots of loaded '17's and rape the people that want one. If we do and it uses the 1.5L then for street use there will be little difference. But for those that will mod the car it could be a problem of waiting for new mods. I love my '16 and will even more with the sync update. Wrench on!

2016 White Platinum, Moonroof.

Mountune MP215, Resonator delete, max legal tint, Sound Symposer delete, Yellow Lamin X fogs, Damond Motorsports OCC,Yellow Brake Calipers, Mountune Yellow shifter, Yellow ST tags.

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Pittsburgh
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go for a 2016 or 17 for the sync 3 if you decide to buy now

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Sun Valley
    State
    ID
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmrtsus View Post
    The 16's annoying intake is permanently cured with a Ford $60 hose without bypassing anything like some of the "fixes".

The real question is will there be an '18 ST in the U.S.? Ford still has made no announcements nor "spy" photos showing any being tested here. Ford's statement with the European debut was a vague something about addressing the North American market later. Wonder when later will be?
    This is excellent info, thanks.

Ah, you've hit the crux of my question!

Sync 3 definitely has me leaning towards a 2016+, if for nothing else than Android Auto. Although I think I remember reading some threads a while ago saying that AA is possible even on older years? I'll have to go re-investigate that.

New Member 5 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    San Diego
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I bought a new 2016 a month ago with a $2500 factory discount. AFAIK it's still going on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12