Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hesitation under load

I'm getting hesitation under load and I don't have any codes. The car ran fine until yesterday I noticed that there was hesitation when I got in it. I've got one step colder plugs gapped to .025, but I don't think they're the issue because it would have thrown a code. Is there something I can look for in data logs to tell me what's going on?

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
Update: it was an issue with the DV+. I took it out and relubricated the piston thinking that it was getting stuck, but that did nothing. I then pulled it out and removed the main spring, and it went back to normal. Has anyone else had this issue?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Removed the spring? So ur running g it without a spring at all? That can't be good. I have the DV+ and no issues yet

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
No issues, it just operates like stock, but with beefed up internals. I don't know what went wrong with mine? It worked well for the first few months.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
GFB states you can run it this way. I had low boost problem and replaced my diverter which solved it. I left the DV+ off this one . I have ordered another stock diverter so I have something to fall back on if the DV + is at fault. It worked fine for 6 months and doesn't appear to be counterfeit.

OP
C
Thread Starter #8
Update: I went back to the stock diverter valve and reset the ecu. It ran fine at first and now the issue is back. This is driving me nuts, and I don't know what else to do. Can anyone help me by looking at a data log and tell me what's going on?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Adam told me coil packs can cause issues and not throw a code. Don't see how that would clear and return. AFR's normal ?

OP
C
Thread Starter #10
It seems to be an intermittent issue. I hardly drive the car in the summer because I have a motorcycle, but I will drive everyday this week to see what might be going on. The AFR's look ok.

OP
C
Thread Starter #13
It is misfire. Found out that there's a misfire count parameter in the AP. Every time I got a stumble I would get a count on the AP. On my short ride home I had 30+ misfires. My new plan of attack here is to check the resistance on the coils and male sure they are all similar, go back to stock plugs, and check compression while I'm in there. This has been such a pain in the ass because it is intermittent and there's no code.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I have 2 coils I didn't need. $25 ea + shipping if it turns out you need one.

me32

1000 Post Club
He said around 60 k. I haven't seen anyone post on here with coil problems.
Ok good to know. I have 75k now. Haven't notice anything after changing plugs. But I'll keep and eye out.

Have you figured out what the issue is? I'm having a very similar issue with my 2014 and I'm stumped on what the issue is.

Polino L.

Adam told me coil packs can cause issues and not throw a code. Don't see how that would clear and return. AFR's normal ?
Have you figured out what the issue is? I'm having a very similar issue with my 2014 and I'm stumped on what the issue is.
I had a similar issue. I replace the spark plugs and coil packs on to have temporary result, although I do recommend getting the ngk coil packs when possible because my car seemed to like the extra spark over the shitty oems. My car has some bolt-ons but no tune and about 70k of very aggressive driving. I would like to assume it could possibly need a decarb being that I don't have a catch can but I would like to know of any other possible problem I should know or a possible fix to save the hassle.