Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Show us how you jack up your FiST...

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Shade-tree and home mechanics, show us how you jack your ST.
  • All Fours
  • Rear Two
  • Front Two
How do you jack it up?
Where do you spot your jack stands?
Share any damage and mistakes we could all learn from?
Anything special about your equipment; such as an extended low-profile jack?
How much did you spend on your equipment and where did you buy it?

A long reach low profile Jack is needed to stretch to front crossmember if lifting the entire front end. I have 2 3-ton jacks that I used to lift previous truck. They don't work too well on the FiST. I have to do it one side at a time currently.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Jack placed under the front door handle where there is a cut out in the skirt, and jack on the pinch weld lift one side at a time and add jack stands to the pinch weld where the skirts have those access panels. Go over to the other side and repeat. Been doing this to my cars since 2000 and never had an issue. I don't this on my T-top Mustang since the car is too flimsy and I would expect to deform the body.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Koozy, where did you get those rectangular poly pinch weld protectors? Everything I see on the net is either round bottomed or fancy magnetic with a high price tag.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I've been wanting to cut a 2x4 to do the same thing with. Think that'll work ok for the jack stand?

Also, don't try jacking the car up from the nice, big, round, flat area under the hatch. It makes your spare tire stick up further. [unbelieveable]
2x4's should be fine, just make sure the wood doesn't split. My suggestion is to make sure it slips and fits on to the car snug. Notice the notches on my pads, this matches the notches on the car where the stands are placed. Fits like a lock and key. This makes things a whole lot easier when placing stands, etc. For the rear I lift up using the rear axle, it doesn't matter where left, right, or center it'll lift the whole end up.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I've been wanting to cut a 2x4 to do the same thing with. Think that'll work ok for the jack stand?

Also, don't try jacking the car up from the nice, big, round, flat area under the hatch. It makes your spare tire stick up further. [unbelieveable]
Careful with wood. Make sure you cross grain. Use a hockey puck. or what I did.

18301958_1191174857675786_3523689574273803330_n.jpg
IMG-20150828-00259.jpg
IMG-20150712-00213.jpg

Car is light and stiff enough to do one jack point to swap tires. NOT to work under.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Thanks for the replies all.

The vehicle is *NOT* sitting on those jack stands. They are just there as back-up safeties.
On the subject of safety, one thing I forgot to do was add wheel chocks behind the rear wheels.
Was able to roll this mini-jack in from the side and using a short-handle (crow-bar), able to (slowly) pump it up from the front.
The mini-jack, though able to pump and hold, busted a seal in the process. It now spits out hydraulic fluid with every pump.
I was able to use a standard floor from the 1980s on the rear.
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AhsZJDCN8kMMi17S4mV5FBnDId2A

As a replacement for the jack with the blown seal, intend to try this out...
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...Lift+Black+Low+Profile+Hydraulic+Service+Jack
...and will let folks know if this doesn't get back far enough.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12