Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Awr rmm

KKaWing

So I was browsing the web for FiST parts and stumbled upon this mount by AWR. I thought to my self what the heck, might as well try it out. A quick email to confirm FiST fitment and it was ordered. Best part is you can specify USPS shipping (no brokerage fees from UPS). They're made in California using powder-coated steel and Energy Suspension bushings with the option of 70 88 and 95. I got a little impatient so I put them on @ 1am... so I haven't driven it yet, but here is picture.

PS - what's the torque specs? I know the 2 bolts and the 2 "studs" is 48nm (35-36 lb-ft), but what about the 4 nuts for the bracket?

Last edited:
OP
KKaWing

KKaWing

Thread Starter #2
Initial Impressions...

Install was pretty simple, 4 nuts and 4 bolts. The mount comes with the bracket so you don't have to knock out the black coloured stock one.

Went for a quick drive after install. There is a bit of a "boom" as the engine starts up. The mount translates a bit of the noise as the engine chugs to life.

The mount does vibrate, most significantly at 1000 rpm. The worst of it goes from a bit over 900 rpm to around 1200 rpm. That's the range where you would feel the vibes through the seats. The rear view mirror stops vibrating completely past 1500 rpm, and the car is pretty much smooth as stock from that point on. The only other vibes that can be felt would be from the brake pedal at around 5000rpm.

The vibes itself isn't harsh at all. It feels like the twirly pens we used to play with in grade school. The mount is supposed to mellow out as it breaks in as well.

Overall, this mount is what I expected. Much more control over engine movement for a slight bit of vibes at idle w/ a/c on and moving off from a dead stop. Hopefully this will also tame the wheel hop in the rain (beautiful sunny day today).

Edit: these are the 70a bushings.

I'm interested in this mount too, but I can't find information as to how it compares to other mounts in term of stiffness.

I wanted to go with the 88 as I'd like something stiffer to eliminates as much wheel hop as possible, but I don't want something that will vibrate like crazy as I'm often stuck in traffic. Might have to go safer and go with 70.

OP
KKaWing

KKaWing

Thread Starter #4
70a is pretty much "stock+" 2 weeks in, there's still itty bitty vibes but they all center around just taking off. Even idle is tamed down. The "vibes" show up occasionally but completely gone once you move. Depending how much you want to stop engine movement, the 88a might be the one to go. The engine still rocks a bit with the 70a but in a controlled way. The 70a is good for dailys, the 88a might be worth it if you're more of a track/autox junkie that can put up with more vibes.

Thanks for the review. I am currently awaiting shipment of mine (also 70a). Sounds like I made the right choice because I don't track mine and I already have enough vibration from my MBRP exhaust. I just wanted to get rid of the engine movement. It makes the transmission less crisp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be ordering this mount very soon, along with some other things from ron@woosh. Good guy who does a lot for our platform...if I understand correctly, he persuaded AWR into making this mount. I will be going with the 88a stiffness and will post a separate review and pictures.

OP
KKaWing

KKaWing

Thread Starter #7
This mount has been out since before the ST came out...

I just installed the AWR RMM on 7/19/17.
Install was easy just as KKaWing mentioned in his earlier posts.
First startup and the second day startup vibration is more than I expected. There is a "Boom" on startup.
As I let the clutch out to take off there is significant vibration, and not the pleasant kind. That vibration goes away quickly as soon as you are moving.
Like was said by KKaWing once you are above 1000 RPM's it is hardly noticeable.
I am hoping the Boom and harsh vibration calm down after a couple of weeks.
I will report back to let you know how things turn out with the shifting and the vibrations.

I purchased the 70a durometer bushings.

Several weeks and hundreds of miles later update. 8/8/17

I didn't mention this in my first post so I want to mention it now.
The fit and finish of this product is excellent. It should last for many years.

As for the vibration, get used to it because it seems to be here to stay. Taking off in 1 st rattles your teeth and Idling with or without A/C on
shakes the steering wheel. The amount of Vibration has come down some since the first couple of days but it seems to have leveled out.
this is with the 70a, can't imagine what the 90 would be like.

Its in there to stay so I am learning to live with the vibration and noise with the knowledge that my motor is secure in its place.

DEss

PS - what's the torque specs? I know the 2 bolts and the 2 "studs" is 48nm (35-36 lb-ft), but what about the 4 nuts for the bracket?
I installed the 88. I don't get a start-up boom, idles fine, but I do get vibes from about 1-1.5k rpm. It feels like someone turned the bass up to 9. You may have under torqued the bolts and studs. Should be 70 Nm or ~52 lb.ft and the nuts are 24 Nm or ~18 lb.ft.

OP
KKaWing

KKaWing

Thread Starter #13
I installed the 88. I don't get a start-up boom, idles fine, but I do get vibes from about 1-1.5k rpm. It feels like someone turned the bass up to 9. You may have under torqued the bolts and studs. Should be 70 Nm or ~52 lb.ft and the nuts are 24 Nm or ~18 lb.ft.
Ahh update on this... Manual does say 50 lbs, but I managed to strip one of the bolt holes torquing to that spec. Maybe there was grit inside, dinged the bolt thread while it was off for the few minutes or somehow I cross threaded. Mountune specifies 33 lbs / 48 nm for their mount. Steel bolt in aluminum holes is fun.