Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gt2860rs

I'm very interested in a gt2860rs. As a few of you know I did a C39 and haven't installed it due to all the things that came up recently. I still really want to do a turbo upgrade and truthfully don't even want to touch the hybrid market since I have a bitter taste about it. I currently have everything I need other than a tune and a turbo. Stratified sells with a tune. My question is, is anyone running one detuned so they don't have to run aux fuel. Only reason behind me wanting to do this is I don't want to spend any more $ currently but want the option open to add it and make more power later. After losing 2300.00 I want to do bare minimum for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd suggest the GTX2860R it's the newer generation of turbos by Garrett. I have the DHM GTX360r kit which uses the gtx2860r gen 2 turbo and I'm maxing out my fuel pushing 300 to the wheels. With aux fuel I can run E40 and be around 360 to the wheels.

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
I'd suggest the GTX2860R it's the newer generation of turbos by Garrett. I have the DHM GTX360r kit which uses the gtx2860r gen 2 turbo and I'm maxing out my fuel pushing 300 to the wheels. With aux fuel I can run E40 and be around 360 to the wheels.
I'll have to look. I'm looking to literally just buy the atp set up and go right on my stock manifold then again I do have a ported and coated manifold from SS that came with the paperweight C39 I could use.

Don't be so cynical about your C39. Worse case it has an out-of-spec oil seal and needs to be replaced/rebuilt. It's far from a paperweight. What are your power goals?

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
Don't be so cynical about your C39. Worse case it has an out-of-spec oil seal and needs to be replaced/rebuilt. It's far from a paperweight. What are your power goals?
Yea I know but I don't want to deal with it. I'm just looking to be as high as I can safely without fuel. Looks like 300ish is where it'll be

So you're like me. I wanted 300 wheel without having to deal with ethanol or methanol. I went with the DHM GTX360R kit and couldn't be happier. Turn-key kit, external wastegate, true blow-off valve, and room to grow. With ethanol you're looking at 360-380 wheel. Plus meth, you'll be at 400 wheel. But now you're talking built tranny and uprated axle just to be on the safe side and to make sure the car lasts longer than the financing period LOL.

I also built the motor and have cams standing by. Now that we can rev to 8500 with the new Cobb firmware the cams will actually be worth it. So we'll see what happens.

So you're like me. I wanted 300 wheel without having to deal with ethanol or methanol. I went with the DHM GTX360R kit and couldn't be happier. Turn-key kit, external wastegate, true blow-off valve, and room to grow. With ethanol you're looking at 360-380 wheel. Plus meth, you'll be at 400 wheel. But now you're talking built tranny and uprated axle just to be on the safe side and to make sure the car lasts longer than the financing period LOL.

I also built the motor and have cams standing by. Now that we can rev to 8500 with the new Cobb firmware the cams will actually be worth it. So we'll see what happens.
In my experience, RPM's kill motors faster than boost will.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Yea I know but I don't want to deal with it. I'm just looking to be as high as I can safely without fuel. Looks like 300ish is where it'll be

You want to mod your car but an oil seal is more than you want to deal with? Ive got 10k of hard miles on my c39. No problems.

OP
M
Thread Starter #9

Yea for me right now I don't want to spend $4000 so I'm thinking just getting an atp turbo through stratified since it comes with a tune. Kind of feeling like the direction of the turbo mentioned in my title

DvC

So for you guys saying install the c39 he should waste his time/money for the off chance it wont leak? I have spent over $1k for install and removal of my broken c39 not counting chasing the problem with my mechanic. Seems like a bad bet to me

OP
M
Thread Starter #11
So for you guys saying install the c39 he should waste his time/money for the off chance it wont leak? I have spent over $1k for install and removal. Seems like a bad bet to me
Thank you! lol I'm at the point I still want turbo, but need to be within a budget. The ATP kits through stratified come with a tune and now the mountune kit looks appealing very affordable. Especially with a mortgage I need to not spend too much. But leave my options open to spend more later down the road if I want

Also for everyone still saying do it. Pm me I'll sell it all to you!

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
So for you guys saying install the c39 he should waste his time/money for the off chance it wont leak? I have spent over $1k for install and removal of my broken c39 not counting chasing the problem with my mechanic. Seems like a bad bet to me
Seems like you need to do your own work and save cash. Once again, 10k miles here. No leaks.

DvC

Seems like you need to do your own work and save cash. Once again, 10k miles here. No leaks.
I'm not sure how much your time is worth but mine is expensive which is why I paid someone to do it. Its a loss no matter how you look at it.

Keep backing homeboys turbos. Let face it you were lucky. Anyone who installs one now is asking for trouble. I would bet the majority sold including regular cyborgs broke. If you look back at all the cyborg threads more were saying turbo leaked but SS did the right thing and fixed it.

Just so happens he stopped doing the right thing and purchasers are left holding the bag

OP
M
Thread Starter #14
I'm not sure how much your time is worth but mine is expensive which is why I paid someone to do it. Its a loss no matter how you look at it.

Keep backing homeboys turbos. Let face it you were lucky. Anyone who installs one now is asking for trouble. I would bet the majority sold including regular cyborgs broke. If you look back at all the cyborg threads more were saying turbo leaked but SS did the right thing and fixed it.

Just so happens he stopped doing the right thing and purchasers are left holding the bag
Spot on. I myself would install it to save money but I have very little time so my time is valuable. So installing something that has lets be generous a 90% fail rate seems stupid. So I'm not wasting my time. I'd rather just ride with what I got and do nothing at all. But I'm willing to spend a little more since I was so excited to do a turbo set up and then everything was brought to light.

I started with the atp gt2860. I have a vdyno of it on the first page of the big turbo results thread. It was pretty laggy. The gt2554 may serve better on stock fuelling...

re-rx7

1000 Post Club

Your time is expensive. Yet, you are bitching about having to buy another turbo? I was lucky? I can source the parts to fix this turbo if need be, ever occur to research a product before you buy it?

DvC

Your time is expensive. Yet, you are bitching about having to buy another turbo? I was lucky? I can source the parts to fix this turbo if need be, ever occur to research a product before you buy it?
We get it dude, you like your turbo. i liked mine while it still worked. I should not have to blow 1500$ on a turbo to have it go out in less mileage than an oil change and have to replace seals/bearings. You solution for me to "do my research" and source parts for a rebuild at 3k miles on the turbo is retarded. is it because you did your research your turbo still works? no. Time and money is valuable. you would be saying the same thing had yours gone belly up too. no one is saying YOUR turbo is junk just the rest of them he built. not sure why youre taking this so personal. none of this stuff was directed towards you.

maybe you should help DHM source parts for this turbo because they said it wasnt that easy.

OP
M
Thread Starter #18
I started with the atp gt2860. I have a vdyno of it on the first page of the big turbo results thread. It was pretty laggy. The gt2554 may serve better on stock fuelling...
Cool thank you for the useful info. I'll go check the dyno results it's been a while since I was on that page

Spot on. I myself would install it to save money but I have very little time so my time is valuable. So installing something that has lets be generous a 90% fail rate seems stupid. So I'm not wasting my time. I'd rather just ride with what I got and do nothing at all. But I'm willing to spend a little more since I was so excited to do a turbo set up and then everything was brought to light.

Lol 90% failure..... I don't know of any original cyborgs that have failed, just the newer c39 built ones.

OP
M
Thread Starter #20
Lol 90% failure..... I don't know of any original cyborgs that have failed, just the newer c39 built ones.
Sorry I'm referring to the C39 my current purchase. I wasn't in the fiesta world on the original cyborg.