Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Intercooler Info Thread

iso100

1000 Post Club
Seems the top 2" is non functional due to blockage from the crash bar.

MOFiST

I doubt they'd have cut the crash bar. Is US crash bar much different?
*edit
I googled it. It seems chunkier. I doubt this would fit on US cars?

MOFiST

I still plan on using the mishi J one. Price per size is unmatched so far.
So are you in the bigger is better camp?
I was thinking about this one but there's something holding me back.
That said, as many universal options as there are out there I want quality.
The smaller mishi core isn't in the same league.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
So are you in the bigger is better camp?
I was thinking about this one but there's something holding me back.
That said, as many universal options as there are out there I want quality.
The smaller mishi core isn't in the same league.
I'm in the "its $260 dollars and more than does the job" league, lol.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
does anyone make metal charge pipes too?
I am sure more will come out but I think Nick at Levels Performance is about done fabbing his 2 inch all aluminum charge pipes I guess he had a issue with that one fitting on the intake side getting it right Hit him up even though his car is for sale he is still doing parts for us and has that monster deal going on FMIC too.. Not that I am Bias or anything.. If you are willing to wait I bet COBB's intercooler with be hard piped too if it is like the FoST unit they sell.. Hit Nick Up and tell Him I sent ya and get busy making parts LOL

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Furthermore to my loss of throttle response on initial tip in with the J-line, well now I am struggling to notice any difference, lol. Perhaps I have just got use to it. In any case, it is so minor I would not worry about. Doing things like changing the DP and CBE improve the throttle response, so you pick it up there. Your not going to get done at the lights by granny in a auto Yaris.

Is it me
Or has no one tried to install a stock fost intercooler yet?
Interesting idea I wonder if it would fit though? Just eyeballing my sister's fost next to my fist it seems like the ic would be a little to wide? Also if the fost peeps are going aftermarket ic as a common stage 3 bolt on path. Then I would think if you had plans for an upgraded turbo on your fist the fost stock ic wouldn't be a good path to take. But for someone doing only bolt ons and staying stock or stock modded turbo it might be pretty cost effective actually. Assuming it could be purchased cheaply and integrated with minimal cost/effort?