Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Intercooler Info Thread

XanRules

Well, I'm not proud of it, but I took the plunge on the eBay intercooler, figured $115 shipped to my door on Black Friday was worth taking a gamble on. Both Mustang and Focus guys have A/B'd them with the $600+ Mishi one and have found them to be identical in not only size and design, but materials and cooling performance. I hope to have similar results, but, if it sucks big time, I'm only out $115 and have plenty of reputable options from vendors here. As it stands I'm going to grab some of the Whoosh boost hoses and a few more odds and ends before I install it, but I'll keep folks posted.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Well, I'm not proud of it, but I took the plunge on the eBay intercooler, figured $115 shipped to my door on Black Friday was worth taking a gamble on. Both Mustang and Focus guys have A/B'd them with the $600+ Mishi one and have found them to be identical in not only size and design, but materials and cooling performance. I hope to have similar results, but, if it sucks big time, I'm only out $115 and have plenty of reputable options from vendors here. As it stands I'm going to grab some of the Whoosh boost hoses and a few more odds and ends before I install it, but I'll keep folks posted.
Wait, how the hell did you get it for $115? I thought it was $168 and was $143 if you got in on the 15% off day, which you said you missed out on, lol...

XanRules

Wait, how the hell did you get it for $115? I thought it was $168 and was $143 if you got in on the 15% off day, which you said you missed out on, lol...
Tried to use the coupon anyway because #yolo and it worked + had a couple bucks in my paypal account from a sale earlier in the week, so the net out of my bank account was right around $115 and change.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Tried to use the coupon anyway because #yolo and it worked + had a couple bucks in my paypal account from a sale earlier in the week, so the net out of my bank account was right around $115 and change.

AH! Still, $143 actual cost is insanely good on such an actually decent unit, hoping the prices drop on them again, right now $200 for black is the cheapest...

XanRules

I finally installed the eBay FMIC this weekend. Fitment was absolutely flawless. I have not noticed any hesitation at throttle or increased turbo lag as some folks have reported with larger front mounts, and charge temps are rarely more than a couple degrees above ambient at WOT. Cools off very quickly after sitting, too. I'm really impressed.

I recently installed the Whoosh V3. Charge temps were 6*F above ambient during datalogs, the other day. It fits with about 1mm of wiggle room on either side (if that). It's very nice, for the price.

I finally installed the eBay FMIC this weekend. Fitment was absolutely flawless. I have not noticed any hesitation at throttle or increased turbo lag as some folks have reported with larger front mounts, and charge temps are rarely more than a couple degrees above ambient at WOT. Cools off very quickly after sitting, too. I'm really impressed.

Got a link for that bad boy maybe? I'm in for ~$150 as a "why not" upgrade.

So I'm looking at inter-coolers and here's my criteria for the best stage 3 type of setup for now:

1. Lightweight
2. Must use stock charge hoses, and no modification to vehicle
3. Not too expensive (black Friday stuff would be nice)
4. Efficient

Couple that I've been considering, but it's not easy to tell or compare:
https://www.deporacing.us/shop/ford/2013-ford-fiesta-st-3-intercooler-upgrade/
http://pwnallperformance.com/Fiesta-ST-PP370-Intercooler-Upgrade_p_67.html
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...9&_sid=47266c4dc&_ss=r&variant=13903004598335
https://tuneplusinc.com/collections...sta-st-billet-intercooler-upgrade-kit-fist-ic

Last edited:
Whoosh has 11% off in stock Whoosh Intercoolers right now. Head over to their Facebook page to find the promo code.

There will likely be more deals with the upcoming Black Friday deals.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

If you're looking for a larger intercooler I went with the 3" intercooler from On3 performance. It was about 200 shipped. If you're not comfortable with fabrication then don't buy this one. I did have to move the sensors on the crashbar since the holes I drilled were real close. I top mounted it with some bolts and it hold snuggly in place. 3" 90° hoses and some 3" couplers. I should have gone with 6" long couplers but 4" will barely work. Overall it's a great value.