Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Intercooler Info Thread

razorlab

1000 Post Club
That's why I said it "STARTS" pulling timing at 100degrees, although it doesn't reach 5* until 110degrees. Either way, point is, if it never reaches 100degrees to begin with ( which would be hard to do with the big J-line cooler ) its not going to be reducing timing due to charge temps.

It's still not a full 5* at 110*. You are missing the multiplier table. If you want to keep arguing about it feel free. I suggest looking deeper in how the ECU works.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I hope someone can do a J-line install DIY too see how much work it is going to take to get it right!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
It's still not a full 5* at 110*. You are missing the multiplier table. If you want to keep arguing about it feel free. I suggest looking deeper in how the ECU works.
The point is still the same. The ecu is reducing power via lost timing. Its not just the 130 degree temps that are now 90 degree temps.

And I understand what your talking about with it being plugged into a bigger picture. Thank you for the kind suggestion.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Running the j-line here and couldnt be happier. I see CAT temps 5-7 above ambient on hard wot pulls with the stage 3 tune with just the ic and ap3 for mods.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Has anyone used any of the giant IC's made by Pro Alloy and Airtec?

We can't use those due to the euro fiesta ST having a different 5-mph bumper than the usdm fist. Because ours is overly big, we can't use a real sized intercooler ( YET, ITS COMING GUYS ).

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #112
Yup it fits tween the beam and bumper cover not sure if the do anything for added air flow.. I see they left a light on too LOL

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Yup it fits tween the beam and bumper cover not sure if the do anything for added air flow.. I see they left a light on too LOL
LOL...."they left the lights on"

Looking forward to following their results so we can compare !

iso100

1000 Post Club
How does the flow even reach the top half of that thing? It has to have internal vaning.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
This is not an intercooler question but intercooler related. Is it worth the time and effort to replace the turbo to intercooler charge pipe? I have a jline fmic and im running a stage 3 otc tune.I really dont like the look of the donut resonator, it looks like theres some hp trapped there.So, Is it worth my time and money to replace this with the atp or forge charge pipe ? Or should i spend my money elsewhere.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'm still using the stock compressor outlet pipe upto around 260whp... But that doesn't mean you couldn't gain some from it. Rick has an old Thread (Raamaudio) that shows a way to replace the resonator for like $30.

MOFiST

I'm still using the stock compressor outlet pipe upto around 260whp... But that doesn't mean you couldn't gain some from it. Rick has an old Thread (Raamaudio) that shows a way to replace the resonator for like $30.
I remember ATP saying it was sufficient for our sized stock compressor. But for $30 I'm all ears. Thing is knowing [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] it'll likely involve using a mandrel pipe bender.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Yeah i saw that thread my local exhaust shop just has a crush bender and i really like the forge charge pipe.

Ford Community Posts