Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hail damage advice /tips / experience?

DangerMouse

Last Monday we were hit with golf ball size hail. The roof to me looks beyond repair but I'm no expert.

Anyone have any tips or advice when dealing with hail damage?

I have dents on the roof, the hood surprisingly isn't too bad, few on the fenders and doors and even the wing looks dented.

I'll be taking it to the dealer for a quote tomorrow afternoon and go from there.

Zormecteon

sometimes,... Paintless Dent Removal will work. .. depends upon how bad it is.. Comprehensive insurance should cover it in any case?

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #3
I don't think pdr will work on the roof but I could be wrong and yes my insurance will cover.

Just want to make sure I do things the right way.

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #5
I had a tree limb fall and dented my roof in multiple areas. PDR took care of them all.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3074-koozy-s-ST?p=139456#post139456

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's impressive, I have hope now. My roof is much worse but perhaps it will just take more time. What worries me are the amount of dents and the location of dents on the edges of the roof. I'll try to get pics but between work and the weather I haven't been able to get any good ones.

koozy

3000 Post Club
That's impressive, I have hope now. My roof is much worse but perhaps it will just take more time. What worries me are the amount of dents and the location of dents on the edges of the roof. I'll try to get pics but between work and the weather I haven't been able to get any good ones.
My PDR guy said that roof work is more common in states that experience hail, not really a CA thing, yet he was able to fix the dents. He's been in the biz for years, maybe he can refer someone in your area http://www.beachcitiespdr.com/

Each PDR guy has their own way of fixing dents, my guy never pushed the dents with any tools from the inside. The headliner never came off. Instead he used a glue gun designed for dents that would pull the dents out, then he would tap any area back in that needed some massaging. It's really an art sculpting metal with their skills.

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #7
Wow that's really interesting. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out, never know.

That would be awesome if the headliner doesn't have to come out. I'm a little stressed that things won't be done properly.

I will be asking a million questions. This is the first claim I have ever had to make, been pretty lucky.

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #8
$5,600 in damages thanks to some ice cubes from mother nature.

Unfortunately the hood liner will have to come out. They don't use the glue method. But all my factory paint defects and trim defects will also be fixed at the same time! Oh and my cruise control hasn't been working either so that will get fixed.

In 1988 at Sebago Lake in Maine, where I live, we had a freak hailstorm with hail the size of softballs. Iceballs from outer space. I had a 3 month old new (to me), low mileage CA RX7, silver with red leather interior: it was beautiful. A thunderstorm was brewing which I hoped would clear the pine pollen off the car. I decided not to park it in the garage. Then I noticed large branches breaking off pine trees and went out to put the car under cover. All it took was one hit on my back to convince me to run back inside so as not to have my obit on the front page of the Enquirer. Hailstones larger than softballs were going into the lake leaving 6' plumes and pine branches were coming down all around.

Friends had the roofs of their houses destroyed, and cars parked outside lost all their glass. My car looked as if an angry drunken troll had attacked it with a ballpene hammer.

The insurance company totaled it, and wrote me a check, which I lived on for a year. But I had to drive around in a car that looked as if it had come from a disaster film. I'm glad that body-shop technology has advanced remarkably over the past 30 years and yours will be fixed.

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #10
Oh man thanks for sharing. Yea mine definitely isn't as bad as that wow. It does stink that it's such a new car and it may affect me on resale / trade in but hopefully not too bad and I do plan on keeping the car for awhile.

Originally it was going to be an in between car for a year or two then get the focus rs. I have become more and more impressed with the fiST and even the wife wants to keep it as her car when I get something new. I just need to finally teach her how to drive it.