Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Android Auto coming to 2016 models??

I have a 2016 St and for what I read here, a couple of months ago there was supposed to be an update for Sync 3 for this. I had a friend of mine with 2017 GTI and when u hook his android cell with USB, it appeared in the LED screen of the car. Are we getting an update on this??? I have tried to see if there is any info on Owners.Ford and nothing so far....I have seen some threads here stating you have to download a file to upgrade....any info or ideas will be welcomed.
Thanks.

Bluedrank

The upgrade process at home is very easy. Just follow those instructions above and you'll be able to enjoy Android Auto in your '16.

OP
L
Thread Starter #4
I checked again the Ford owner site..look and behold.it was there...did the update with usb....the WiFi did not seem to work....

Glad yours worked I could not get it to update with a USB and I've tried multiple times using different techniques recommended on here

OP
L
Thread Starter #6
Yeah..it's been weird as I read how many people had issues with the install....I can say the directions on website can be a little confusing as to how to load and extract the files from zip into the USB drive........

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I checked again the Ford owner site..look and behold.it was there...did the update with usb....the WiFi did not seem to work....
You cannot download on demand with the WiFi, you have to wait until your turn comes up. Many have got their updates and simply found out in the morning. I am still waiting and have no desire to do it myself. Too many people with issues for me. Ford says you can have it done at your dealer but no mention of "free".

OP
L
Thread Starter #8
Gotcha..well..thank god for USB...lol..even if it was not too clear...just take ur time with directions...