Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB AP Mounts, lets see them

iso100

1000 Post Club
I guess I'm one of the few that just uses the provided mount. Stuck it to the right of the gauge cluster and have had no problems so far. I'll grab a pic next time I'm out.
I have a transmission issue I still need to get the dealer to resolve. I don't want to give them any excuse to wriggle out of the warranty claim. I know it's a long shot but perhaps a tech there knows what an AP stick-on mount looks like...

My mounting location. Adhesive sticks very well to the gloss black finish, only blocks the source button (pointless), doesn't block the screen, perfect place to reach with my hand, don't have to look down to see the screen, and actually looks much cleaner than i expected.

Zissou

I use magnets because why not. I noticed the AP's holster is magnetic (the AP must have a little iron plate inside of it), so I use my magnetic phone mount (Logitech+ http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/plus-trip). Costs about $25, but I already had it for the phone. Usually I keep my phone there, but when I want to have the AP up I put it there. It works really well, and it's not permanent. Logitech also has a dashboard mount, if you don't want to use the vent mount (kind of sucks in our cars because the steering wheel blocks it a little and it covers a vent).
CobbAPmount.jpg

Since I don't use the AP3 every time I get in the car, I figured this was the best place. I tapped a small screw through the top of the mount to keep it from falling.

IMAG0040 (1).jpg IMAG0041 (1).jpg IMAG0037 (1).jpg

After the double stick tape stopped holding I ghetto rigged a gift card I had in my wallet. I like the placement. Its out of the way and I can read the AP easily. No double face tape needed. Just stuff the fold between the gap in the dash.

stforum3.jpg

Got a good deal on the pro clip mount over the winter, pic to show ya how it goes. I like that it is out of the way and uses the factory strips to hold it into place.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I originally purchased a proclip mount, but my major complaint was the lack of spacing between the mount and the AC outlet. Then I found a very inexpensive Garmin Nuvi mount on Amazon that uses part of the Cobb double stick tape mount and eliminates the problem with the Proclip mount.

Here is a link to the Amazon mount. Mount this onto the small side window, and there is lots of room to move the Cobb AP.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EU9EIY/ref=pe_385040_127745480_TE_item

I use this vent mount from Amazon. Easy on and off as I don't keep my AP mounted all the time. I can use it for my phone too, as I have a specific clip for that as well.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I originally purchased a proclip mount, but my major complaint was the lack of spacing between the mount and the AC outlet. Then I found a very inexpensive Garmin Nuvi mount on Amazon that uses part of the Cobb double stick tape mount and eliminates the problem with the Proclip mount.

Here is a link to the Amazon mount. Mount this onto the small side window, and there is lots of room to move the Cobb AP.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EU9EIY/ref=pe_385040_127745480_TE_item
You have a picture of your set up?

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
No, none at all. The stalk is very rigid and stays put once you've bent it to fit your needs. The suction cup sticks very well.

rexdriver85

I also have one very similar. Got it from Advance Auto. It's been rock solid since March, hasn't ever fallen off.