Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB AP Mounts, lets see them

grnmachine02

^Your username makes me want to go dig out my old Calvin and Hobbes books.

Anyone know of any double sided tape stronger than the 3m automotive stuff? Mine keeps melting when the car is parked in the sun.

AzNightmare

^Your username makes me want to go dig out my old Calvin and Hobbes books.

Anyone know of any double sided tape stronger than the 3m automotive stuff? Mine keeps melting when the car is parked in the sun.
Where are you mounting the 3M?
There are different types of 3M strengths. You could be using a weaker adhesive version. Also the texture of the Fiesta interior is kind of bumpy. Those areas aren't the greatest place to stick 3M on.

grnmachine02

Where are you mounting the 3M?
There are different types of 3M strengths. You could be using a weaker adhesive version. Also the texture of the Fiesta interior is kind of bumpy. Those areas aren't the greatest place to stick 3M on.
I'm using the 3m tape available at autozone. The greyish black stuff. I'm sticking it to the radio controls, right above the source button. It works great for a few days, then the heat eventually causes it to fail.

just a simple vent magnetic clip. I used the Logitech +Trip, with the AP stuck on it. not going to leave the AP in the car at all (only drive it once or twice a month) so wanted something that pops in and out easily. Plus I can use it for my phone navi until the carplay upgrade comes. Ignore the gauges on the screen didn't have anything set up yet and had just flashed

A7xogg

Thanks for showing the motor trend window mount. I just got mine and I love the placement of the AP now

[MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION],
I have the same product but I'm putting it in the far left vent. I have a boost gauge right over top and it looks pretty good!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
[MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION],
I have the same product but I'm putting it in the far left vent. I have a boost gauge right over top and it looks pretty good!
You got the idea...great isn't it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I also have one very similar. Got it from Advance Auto. It's been rock solid since March, hasn't ever fallen off.

Phew... This is an old one, guys!! I'm looking to buy something similar to hold my AP3. I find the front quarter window a perfect place for my taste. I clicked some old links in this thread and they're all invalid... Anyone know where I can purchase a bendy suction mount for my AP3 similar to this? Nothing on advanced auto parts. Amazon has these strange bendy cup holder mounts but I honestly would prefer to use my cup holders for tasty bevs. Any direction is appreciated! [woot]

Phew... This is an old one, guys!! I'm looking to buy something similar to hold my AP3. I find the front quarter window a perfect place for my taste. I clicked some old links in this thread and they're all invalid... Anyone know where I can purchase a bendy suction mount for my AP3 similar to this? Nothing on advanced auto parts. Amazon has these strange bendy cup holder mounts but I honestly would prefer to use my cup holders for tasty bevs. Any direction is appreciated! [woot]
I believe it's the scosche magicmount long. They also make a short version so make sure you pick the right one. Should be about $17 @ Walmart or Amazon. One tip though, you have to make sure the suction cup is entirely on glass. If any of it is on the black part, it will eventually fall off.

DEss

AzNightmare

I don't care for mounts. I just put mine here. lol. I know it's sideways, but I got used to it. I optimally want my AP as close to the gauge clusters as possible so that my eyes don't need to dart around for information. I find having mounts either just block my view or get placed in areas that are too far from the gauge cluster.

Ahh, so the bendy mount is magnetic and doesn't come with the attachment needed for the Cobb mount to slide into it? Hope that makes sense. Also, do you have any links for the Sosche? I did find this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019RSSPZ...961d-a418fe2c975f&ie=UTF8&qid=1517002014&sr=2
I took a closer look at the picture and can't be certain it is the Scosche. It appears to have a bracket around the AP. With the magnetic mount, a bracket wouldn't be necessary. The back of the AP is magnetic and would attach directly on the magnetic pad of the mount.

DEss

KKaWing

Soche "short" magnetic mount on the upper left corner of the windshield.

From outside looking in

Routed the cable above the "knee bags" through the "webbing" where steering meets dash. Also used an OBD "thin cable" adapter so I don't kick the connector.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Soche "short" magnetic mount on the upper left corner of the windshield.

From outside looking in

That is exactly where I have my Scosche Magic Mount except mine holds my phone right now. I was trying to figure out where I would put the AP because of that. Or do I put my AP there and move the phone?

It’s a scosche magic mount. Also holds my phone perfectly. I took the panel off and drilled a small pilot hole thru the panel. Then I ziptied it so it can’t be seen. I bought a used panel off eBay for $20 so I can swap back if I want or need too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk