Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

V501 Maps and Updates

An update for the Focus and Fiesta ST platforms is now available. This update includes v501 maps which contain minor feature improvements and bug fixes from the previous release. Also included is an update for the Accesstuner software which addresses bugs and simplifies features.

Version

AP3-FOR-001: 1.7.3.0-14467

Improvements

Reverted the "Gear Shift Hang" change from v500. (Fiesta ST only)

Enabled Fast Flash Capability - Map changes should now be quicker within the same generation maps. Example: Gen1 v401 reflash, followed by Gen1 map revision. Gen2 v501 reflash, followed by Gen2 map revision. Changing between Gen1 to Gen2 maps will require a full flash.

Fiesta ST V501 Maps
- Map Notes
Anti-Theft Mode v501.ptm
Stage0 v501.ptm
Stage1 91 OCT or 95 RON v501.ptm
Stage1 93 OCT or 98 RON v501.ptm
Stage2 91 OCT or 95 RON v501.ptm
Stage2 93 OCT or 98 RON v501.ptm
Stage3 91 OCT or 95 RON v501.ptm
Stage3 93 OCT or 98 RON v501.ptm
Valet Mode v501.ptm

New Monitors
- Ford Monitor List
EOI Actual - Actual End of Injection for the current effective intake pulse in degrees before top dead center.

Bug Fix

Fixed an issue for vehicles that may have exhibited a "P061A" code (Fiesta ST only)

Accesstuner Updates

Version

Accesstuner - 1.9.1.0-14467

Improvements

CCF RPM Feature Simplification

Simplified configuration for LC. LC Master Switch will now auto-enable 5-way Hard/Soft limiters where supported.
Removed LC Hotswap "Offset" tables and switch. LC Hotswap no longer requires this component and is automatically handled.
Simplified configuration for FFS. FFS Master Switch will now auto-enable 5way FFS limiters.
Simplified configuration for Driving Limiter. Switch removed, 5-way always active.
Added familiar "Switchable Map X" to CCF Map Switching Sub Folders

Restored (read-only) vehicles to full functionality, renamed to (CCF Gen1)

All vehicles supporting the latest Realtime and Speed Density features are labeled (CCF Gen2)

Added "Copy Tables" functionality to CCF Gen2 vehicles
See Ford COBB Custom Features - Accesstuner Definition Upgrade Strategy

New Monitors - Ford Monitor List
EOI Actual - Actual End of Injection for the current effective intake pulse in degrees before top dead center.

Bug Fix

Fixed an issue that prevented (CCF) 2D and 3D tables from initializing from default map slots greater than 1
Bug applies to maps saved by 1.9.1.0-14401 with the latest "COBB Custom Features (Gen2)" strategy. To apply bug fix, simply open and re-save any impacted map in 1.9.1.0-14467.

Ok dumb question. When I bought my car (a 2014 fiesta ST) I also picked up an access port bought direct from Cobb. I installed a Stage 1 93 octane map at that time and have not touched the car or the map.

Is there value for me downloading this new map? not even sure I remember how to do it.

thoughts?

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
The car will likely run just fine without updating the tune but we always recommend to be on the latest and greatest version. Below is a full revision history. I'll let you decide whether or not updating the tune is worth having. How to update.

v501
"Enable Gear Shift Hang" toggle checked based on customer feedback.
v500
All Fiesta ST maps are now v500 and have the new naming convention for Staged maps.
"Enable Gear Shift Hang" toggle unchecked.
Realtime capable tables (assortment varies)
All of these maps are now "Simple SD" capable.
New Traction Control default values. (feature is still disabled on OTS, can be enabled using the Accessport)
v400
Improved CCF core logic and user interfaces.
Added COBB Traction Control* and 5-Way Torque Maximum Table Selection features.
Synchronized platform features (see custom feature documentation).
v221
Fixed a bug that could allow the map switching menu to activate during cruise control and resume activities.
v220
Synchronized platform features (see custom feature documentation). Adjusted ignition correction strategies to allow faster torque delivery in optimal conditions. Adjusted octane learning strategy to enhance post-installation experience. Adjusted LSPI strategy for increased safety margins. Eliminated "Economy Mode" map by incorporating into Slot2 of all Performance Calibrations. Added Burnout Mode Feature (5000rpm). Added Advanced Launch Control functionality. 2500rpm Fuel Cut, 4000rpm Throttle Cut. Added and adjusted 3D Power Demand Fuel and Optimum Power VCT tables.
v201
Adjusted high load closed loop fueling for part throttle conditions.
v202
Adjusted ECT based rev limiter on MY14 Fiesta ST Valet Mode map to prevent FSC from occurring.
v200
Added 5-Way map switching* features as described above.
Map slot 1 = Performance – This is the standard OTS map with full performance.
Map slot 2 = Pseudo-Economy – This mode disables the wastegate and adjusts WOT fueling for efficiency. This can be used to quickly lower power for times when performance is not needed but is not as thorough as the true Economy Mode calibration. For full economy enhancements please use the Economy Mode calibration.
v104
Adjusted shift assist logic.
Adjusted wastegate to prevent boost oscillation on Stage 3 maps.
v103
Added On-the-Fly Launch Control Modes and Flat-Foot-Shift features for Stage 1
Adjusted rev limiter strategy for Stage 1
Original release calibration for Stage 2 and 3
Adjusted fuel, ignition timing, boost control (including overboost), camshaft phasing (Ti-VCT), throttle ramping, EcoMode shift indicators, cooling fans, and base programming logic. Reduced compensations for more consistent power delivery. Adjusted torque, gear, load, boost, airflow, temperature, speed, and rev limits. Includes On-the-Fly Launch Control Modes and Flat-Foot-Shift features.
v102
Adjusted closed loop fueling targets to ensure all I/M readiness monitor tests were capable of running. Set Launch Control RPM to match Primary Rev Limit to allow full sweep testing on 2WD dynamometers. Adjusted torque targets in all gears at WOT for increased performance.
v101
Added custom volumetric efficiency estimation monitors to the ECU. Adjusted torque limits to prevent rare limp mode conditions. Optimized fuel, wastegate, and timing strategies for overall efficiency and consistency.
v100
Original release calibration. Adjusted fuel, ignition timing, boost control (including overboost), camshaft phasing (Ti-VCT), throttle ramping, EcoMode shift indicators, cooling fans, and base programming logic. Reduced compensations for more consistent power delivery. Adjusted torque, gear, load, boost, airflow, temperature, speed, and rev limits

[MENTION=555]COBB Tuning[/MENTION] can you please comment on the "gear shift hang". I am not able to find any information about it.

Gear shift hang is the same as shift assist. It holds the rpm's up (when pressing the clutch to change gears) for a specified amount of time, to smooth engagement into the next gear. They disabled this on the v500 maps, and now it is back on the v501.

This problem returned with this update...

"a bug that could allow the map switching menu to activate during cruise control and resume activities."

brbauer2

This problem returned with this update...

"a bug that could allow the map switching menu to activate during cruise control and resume activities."
I'm noticing this with the V 500 as I haven't updated to 501 yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I'm noticing this with the V 500 as I haven't updated to 501 yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Yeah, the v500 version also left out the Switchable Maps folder so I never flashed it to the car. I kept the v400 until v501 released. They're making some awesome updates to the Ford ECU tuning, but a few little bugs crept into their programming. No worries though, they will fix the bugs.

So how are the new tunes...no bugs?..I'be had ver.
5.00 for 20 days stage 1 93 octane and so far so good..just wanted to ask. Thanks.

Yeah, the v500 version also left out the Switchable Maps folder so I never flashed it to the car. I kept the v400 until v501 released. They're making some awesome updates to the Ford ECU tuning, but a few little bugs crept into their programming. No worries though, they will fix the bugs.
Does the car drive any different from v400 to v501?

Thanks

me32

1000 Post Club
Why are the new v501 comming in .tar files that the AP Cant read?

OP
C
Thread Starter #14
As you guys have pointed out, there were a few bugs. I'm happy to notify you they've all been addressed! Most notably, we fixed the issue mentioned above. When in cruise control and using the cancel/resume button to disengage then re-engage cruise control, the map switching notifier is displayed. This now functions as it should.

Why are the new v501 comming in .tar files that the AP Cant read?
Visit this page for all the details.

[MENTION=555]COBB Tuning[/MENTION]: So all we need to do is connect the accessport, download the latest software upgrade and the new maps will appear?

thank you.

jeff

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=555]COBB Tuning[/MENTION]: So all we need to do is connect the accessport, download the latest software upgrade and the new maps will appear?

thank you.
Just did mine. You still have to go to their website and choose the maps you want, put them in your car, go through the "purchase" process (though they cost nothing).

You don't need to download maps from their web site. Just connect up your AP to computer and run AP Manager for the updates. When it finishes, you simply select the Tune function and then select Restore ots maps. Every ots map will now be present on your AP.

Can we get more comments on the gear shift hang? I abhor that function. Ring out 2nd gear and I have to wait 3-4sec for RPMs to drop to 6th gear level. Why return this? Does it help with maintaining boost between shifts? Can it still be disabled with the latest maps, as an option?