Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trouble getting Apple CarPlay to work with new Sync 3 update

jordanr

So I was finally able to get the update to unzip onto a flash drive and confirmed the update took. When I view the version I see 2.2 is correctly installed.

However, I can't seem for the life of me to figure out why CarPlay does not come up when I plug in my iPhone to the USB in the center console.

I'm seeing in some places for other 2016 Ford vehicles that a potential USB hub upgrade is necessary but I can't find any info as if that's the case for my car.

I have a 2016 Ford Fiesta ST, and I saw a couple people here mention they at least have been able to get into CarPlay meanwhile I can't even get Sync to pop up like the Ford website suggests should happen when I plug in my iPhone.

Any suggestions or known issues/solutions to this problem?

I have never looked up the part for the car play because I don't have iPhone, but I got the update from owner.ford.com

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
J

jordanr

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the info, are you aware if this would void any warranty I have if I attempt to install it myself? Seems like it should be pretty easy right?

Viau

Dont think it will void the warranty, the USB hub basically looks the same as the stock one. Mine glows white isntead of blue. For the instalation i did it the long way, because i did not wanted to scratch up that plastic there. I disassembled the center console using a vid from Boomba Racing. Once you do this is a piece of cake swapping the hub out. Here is the link https://youtu.be/ViYqV1iD8oc. Hope this help!