Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help or advice needed please

Hey. Help - girl in need of assistance!! My 2013 ST2 I had remapped a few months ago and it's been absolutely fine up until yesterday when the weather has got much better and I can't get any power above 2,500 revs?? Foot to the floor and nothing happens. I pretty much can't drive it at the moment. Normally I can pull out of junctions and fly but darent as I have no power whatsoever. Guy who did remap says to get it plugged into diagnostics to see what's up with it. I have no warning lights on the dash. Anyone got any ideas? Ta. One unhappy girly.

zanethan

Sounds like it's in limp mode. Unloading then reloading the map might resolve the issue.

You mentioned that a guy did the remap, did he tune it himself? If so I'm suspecting a possible bad tune.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yea the guy who did the remap has offered to reset it and plug it into diagnostics. Like you say it seems to be in limp mode. Just can't drive it till the weekend and even then it'll be a little dodgy lol.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
What do you mean did I select eco map? Sorry - typical girl lol...!?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Via the cruise control buttons if using Cobb ap you can toggle between 4 maps. I don't have the link handy but a quick search on the internet you should be able to find map switch for Ford and Cobb.

zanethan

She's in the U.K. they have completely different options than we do in N.A.

From what I can tell she doesn't have an AP either.

OP
S
Thread Starter #12
Nope. Don't have any of that. Plugged diagnostics in last night and no codes came up either which would be consistent with no warning light! I'm not driving it as it is at the mo so my only option after work later is to drive it out a few miles and call out the recovery - see if they can diagnose it at the roadside lol.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Nope. Don't have any of that. Plugged diagnostics in last night and no codes came up either which would be consistent with no warning light! I'm not driving it as it is at the mo so my only option after work later is to drive it out a few miles and call out the recovery - see if they can diagnose it at the roadside lol.
Could be a boost leak or similar. Symptoms are similar and low boost pressure would not trigger any codes. Do you still have the sound symposer installled? It can be a source of leak if the internal diagram broke. you would not really hear a difference or the leak.

OP
S
Thread Starter #14
Took it down to the local garage yesterday morning first thing and it was perfectly fine!!! It's ok when it's cole or the wether is cold. When went to use it again after it had been stood in the heat all day same thing again. Garage phoned Ford who think it might be the temperature sensor on the dash and they were gunna get back to the garage but they didn't. Thanks Ford!!

OP
S
Thread Starter #15
Ok so latest update. It's been with local ford dealer for past four days who said it came up with a code saying it was the fuel pump. I'm no mechanic but said didn't believe it. But the insisted and it was gunna cost me Ā£500 nearly all in. They fitted it and then rang me yesterday and said they done it but that wasn't the cause of the problem!! Boom!!! Told em so!!! So they're now keeping it for the weekend. Sent a report off to top ford place and wait their response. Me not happy!!! They also wanted to charge me for the fuel pump etc. Not a chance!!! Finally got a courtesy car out of them - they didn't wanna give one to me originally - so I've currently got a 1.0 Ecoboost!! Nippy little thing but ITS NOT MY BABY!!!! So not happy hunny!!! Not driven it for over a week now - think I need help!! Lol.

OP
S
Thread Starter #18
Ford still have it. They still dunno what's wrong with it. They wanna keep it till the 20th when they can get a tech guy in from Daventry up to have a look at it. Had enough now so complaint gone in. Waiting to hear from General Manager! ????????????

zanethan

I'm in the UK... so dunno what you mean.
Anytime a tune is changed it's known as flashing. So what did your friend use to load on the tune?

Did you ever return the ECU to stock? If not you need to start there.

I said this in the beginning but I'll say it again. I'm suspecting the tune. It's possible that the ECU is misreading the ambient or intake temps and sending the car into limp mode when it is warmer out.

You need to return the ECU to its stock configuration so that the tune can be either ruled out or confirmed as the problem. If the problem is gone once returned to stock then the issue was with the tune. If the problem remains once flashed back to stock then we can rule out the tune as the issue. Given that this issue didn't exist before the tune, in my opinion, you need to start your trouble shooting there before throwing money at parts.

OP
S
Thread Starter #20
Ok so a month later and I've had to have the whole ECU replaced due to internal failure. Nothing to do with the remap. It's cost me an arm and a leg and I'm complaining big time to the CEO of Ford !!