Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turkey call sound

Question. Installed a boost gauge today and sound symposer delete. Playing around with the boost gauge with radio off, I went wot and lifted off at 23 psi quickly and with my boomba type bov adapter I got the usual psssht sound but also got some turkey call at the end. I am Cobb stage 2 currently. Maybe I never heard it before as I usually have the radio pretty loud. Does anybody else's car do this. Is it surge? Sounds like this car in this video but not as loud or dramatic....

https://youtu.be/jWZoFMo7vGw

Thanks.

jayrod1980

Can't remember what the boomba adapter does but if you install a CAI you will hear the same sound... and loudly. That's what your bypass valve sounds like when it's not muffled! I can hear the same faintly with my mountune drop in filter if the windows are down. Previously I had a big green filter type stainless intake and it sounded just like the Audi whenever I went off throttle. I loved the sound but for some reason the intake set off my knock sensors and I would constantly get timing pulled according to my Accessport. Haven't had much of a problem since reverting back to stock w/drop in filter.

J2FoRS

Thats what my stupid car sounds like after GFB DV+ install too.

I am having the same issue with my stock diverter valve. I was having a ton of issues with my cold side hosing popping off, then once that situation was handled this problem arose. The stock diverter valve will let out the turkey call and i'll lose power after. If I pull the car over and restart it the noise goes away and its business as usual. Seems like the stock valve is getting locked open or something like that. Did you find a solution to this?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I was getting the same sound when I accidentally reinstalled my factory DV with the wrong (too stiff) spring. Does it only do it at part throttle, or every time you boost?

I was getting the same sound when I accidentally reinstalled my factory DV with the wrong (too stiff) spring. Does it only do it at part throttle, or every time you boost?
It'll happen at half throttle. It sounds like a high pitched tea pot type of sound then it'll eventually surge and i'll get the turkey call. Hoping the DV+ helps this or i'll be trying out the Turbosmart offering.

It'll happen at half throttle. It sounds like a high pitched tea pot type of sound then it'll eventually surge and i'll get the turkey call. Hoping the DV+ helps this or i'll be trying out the Turbosmart offering.
My DV+ does this exact same thing, and much like in this thread, it didn't start till I had some hot side pipe issues. The first 15k on the car it was fine.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

In my case that's what i'm thinking. I'm using the stock valve however. It sounds like the valve gets stuck open and I lose all boost until I turn the car off and turn it back on then it resets. Its super strange and happens intermittently. I was hoping the new DV+ might help since it seems to have stronger components.

Mine works fine at full throttle, and I don't lose power or boost. I think mine is getting stuck unless full pressure is there to move it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk