Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW product : AWR rear motor mount with 70, 88, and 95 durometer bushing options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Ordered the 70a. Was going to go with the 88, but I've read some reviews on Mazda forums about the NVH being a pain for a DD or long car rides. Plus, I don't want the wife to complain about extra the NVH.

Ordered the 70a. Was going to go with the 88, but I've read some reviews on Mazda forums about the NVH being a pain for a DD or long car rides. Plus, I don't want the wife to complain about extra the NVH.
That's what I have. The NVH Isn't too bad. You only notice it at around 1500 RPM's. I only feel it when starting the car, taking off, and revving. Nothing is felt when driving around town or on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the 88a, and after 750-1000 miles it has calmed down a little and really isn't bad at all. Wife didn't notice, but I did.

How's the A/C at idle? I'm in Florida and it gets hot here.
I'm in SoCal so I feel your pain (105 yesterday). It's not bad. You notice it a little more than without ac on, but overall I would consider it minimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I sent a request to Ron to change my order from 70 to 88.

edit: didn't even notice this on another thread, but does the promo code FIST5 still work?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #49
How do you become eligible for shipping reimbursement?

Sent from my Le X522 using Tapatalk
that ship has sailed so to speak
I was offering that based on selling 10 mount quickly when first released

If we could put together a true group buy to gather 10-15-or even 20 mount orders at the same time the price could be reduced by a little bit and shipping could be FREE
That was the idea when I first posted this thread well over a month ago.

that ship has sailed so to speak
I was offering that based on selling 10 mount quickly when first released

If we could put together a true group buy to gather 10-15-or even 20 mount orders at the same time the price could be reduced by a little bit and shipping could be FREE
That was the idea when I first posted this thread well over a month ago.
Aww, no worries. I just won a contest and the first thing I wanted to buy with the prize money was the rmm. Thanks for all your help!

I recently purchased the AWR RMM from whoosh and thought i'd share my thoughts on the purchase, service and product.

Originally i was going to order the Cobb RMM as that seems to be the most popular and recommended RMM upgrade for the Fist. However when browsing the forums i came across Rons post for the AWR RMM and at that price thought it was worth a shot.

After a quick message to Ron about which durometer would be better for my current/future build plans which he swiftly replied to. i ordered the RMM with the 70a bushing. 2 days later a knock on the door, turns out that AWR are actually based in the same city as i live! and the owners daughter was dropping off my RMM.

So onto the product which came nicely packaged with some awr stickers. Upon first thoughts and inspection it feels solid and looks beautifully made, the finish is flawless! For those interested it weighs in at 1037g or 2.28lbs

Excuse the poor phone camera shots, it really doesn't do the mount justice

The AWR RMM didn't include any instructions. However the install was straight forward and you can follow any of the other RMM install guides if your unfamiliar with the process. The fit is perfect.

First driving impressions after coming from the stock RMM for the past year is night and day, the car feels a lot more slick when pulling away and changing gears. You don't realize just how bad the stock RMM is on until you upgrade to a stiffer RMM i only wish i'd done it sooner.

I noticed some slight vibration with the AC on, and i imagine it will fade/reduce as the mount beds in over time. Imo its easily worth the trade off for the benefits it provides.

So overall i highly recommend this RMM, its a fair bit cheaper than the competitors and there's no compromise in quality or effectiveness. Service from both Ron at Whoosh and AWR was great and i will be using them again for future parts!

Stu

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #52
I recently purchased the AWR RMM from whoosh and thought i'd share my thoughts on the purchase, service and product.

Originally i was going to order the Cobb RMM as that seems to be the most popular and recommended RMM upgrade for the Fist. However when browsing the forums i came across Rons post for the AWR RMM and at that price thought it was worth a shot.

After a quick message to Ron about which durometer would be better for my current/future build plans which he swiftly replied to. i ordered the RMM with the 70a bushing. 2 days later a knock on the door, turns out that AWR are actually based in the same city as i live! and the owners daughter was dropping off my RMM.

So onto the product which came nicely packaged with some awr stickers. Upon first thoughts and inspection it feels solid and looks beautifully made, the finish is flawless! For those interested it weighs in at 1037g or 2.28lbs

Excuse the poor phone camera shots, it really doesn't do the mount justice

The AWR RMM didn't include any instructions. However the install was straight forward and you can follow any of the other RMM install guides if your unfamiliar with the process. The fit is perfect.

First driving impressions after coming from the stock RMM for the past year is night and day, the car feels a lot more slick when pulling away and changing gears. You don't realize just how bad the stock RMM is on until you upgrade to a stiffer RMM i only wish i'd done it sooner.

I noticed some slight vibration with the AC on, and i imagine it will fade/reduce as the mount beds in over time. Imo its easily worth the trade off for the benefits it provides.

So overall i highly recommend this RMM, its a fair bit cheaper than the competitors and there's no compromise in quality or effectiveness. Service from both Ron at Whoosh and AWR was great and i will be using them again for future parts!

Stu
awesome write up

thanks Stu!

Did the install for my 88 mount. The NVH is noticeable and it is fairly loud. Thinking of removing the sound symposer because it's loud. Shifts are smooth though.

rmm1.jpg

Need some clarification please.

Do the bushings come in different colors as indicated above?

Every install pic I have seen shows a red bushing.

Don't want to install and find out I have a rock hard 95.

tia

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #56
View attachment 15208

Need some clarification please.

Do the bushings come in different colors as indicated above?

Every install pic I have seen shows a red bushing.

Don't want to install and find out I have a rock hard 95.

tia

the red bushing is the same on all of the mounts
the rear large bushing is where the durometer changes occur
the rear bushings are all black 70a, 88a, 95a but are most definitely different in terms of firmness

hope that helps

I've had a few customers that wanted race type mounts at first so they ordered the 95a, then asked to drop down to the 70a.
The rear bushing can be swapped on your own for $35 shipped if you ever want to change up/down firmness later on

So, wife finally noticed the car was louder. It was in standstill traffic and she noticed rev matching seemed louder.

Sent from my Le X522 using Tapatalk

Did the install for my 88 mount. The NVH is noticeable and it is fairly loud. Thinking of removing the sound symposer because it's loud. Shifts are smooth though.
I installed the 70, I think, a few days back.

I say I think because they all look alike and there was nothing in the box indicating what I was shipped.

I don't mind the increased NVH but you are right about noise. At idle with the A/C on it has a drone like resonance.

Hoping it gets better with some miles.

UPDATE:
Did a couple 20 mile trips one day, then a 60 miler the next day.

On the third day, about 100 miles after the install, it got much better.

When idling at 850 with the A/C it is fine. It still thumps the ear drums if idling in the 900 range, but not as bad.

Best test was today. Had one GF in this morning, she did not say a word. Had second GF in the evening, she did not notice either.

Big relief :)