Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW product : AWR rear motor mount with 70, 88, and 95 durometer bushing options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #61
UPDATE:
Did a couple 20 mile trips one day, then a 60 miler the next day.

On the third day, about 100 miles after the install, it got much better.

When idling at 850 with the A/C it is fine. It still thumps the ear drums if idling in the 900 range, but not as bad.

Best test was today. Had one GF in this morning, she did not say a word. Had second GF in the evening, she did not notice either.

Big relief :)
thank you for continually adding to the reviews on this mount
very, very helpful!!!!!

UPDATE #2

So I have about 400 miles on it now. There is a narrow window in the 900 rpm range where it can still thump with the A/C on but no where near as bad as day 1. I can live with this.

I do wish they would include something in the box indicating what they shipped. I ordered a 70, hope that's what I got.

Benefits:
I did not install this for 'performance' per se, I just wanted to limit the engine movement yanking on the exhaust and intercooler pipes.
But you can definitely feel the difference, the car seems to squirt forward instantly on shifts. You don't know what you are missing until you swap out the flimsy stock mount.

Install tip:
So I was by myself, jack stands, on my back with little clearance. Rocking the engine back to get the last bolt lined up was not happening. Took my 12v bottle jack, put it right next to the mount and lifted slowly until the bolt lined up.

Final thoughts:
The stiffer mount means the engine is wasting less energy rotating itself and more into propelling the car forward. Yes you can feel it.
Unlike some other mounts this comes with the bracket so you don't have to butcher your stock mount.
Highly recommended [rockon]

AWR rear motor mount 2014-2017 Fiesta ST

I've had my AWR RMM (bought from Ron at Whoosh) installed for ~ two weeks, and maybe 300 miles. I ordered the 70, and based on the truly small increase in vibration, no doubt the 70 was delivered. There's just a bit of vibration upon cold start up, and at idle, a touch more noticeable under 60 degree temps, but it's really minor. Some small vibes during low speed take off. Notable improvement in shifting and stability during more aggressive acceleration. I notice these improvements every time I drive the car...very pleased. The 70 is plenty stiff for my needs, with plans for only mild mods.
Was expecting a bit of a struggle for installation, but all was smooth; car on ramps, and one jack to support the chassis beam, directly behind the RMM, itself. I bit of rocking, and the bolts lined up, easily.

This was a very cost-effective and worthy mod.

Put my AWR 70 RMM on today. Tried a couple of days ago but couldn't get the bolts off the stock mount off. I ended up using a 12vdc impact wrench. I hardly notice any vibration at all. I think for a daily driver this is the perfect upgrade. It actually feels like the motor is connected to the car now. Can't see why Ford didn't fix this after the first year. Will be interesting to see if the 2018 has the same problem.

Put my AWR 70 RMM on today. Tried a couple of days ago but couldn't get the bolts off the stock mount off. I ended up using a 12vdc impact wrench. I hardly notice any vibration at all. I think for a daily driver this is the perfect upgrade. It actually feels like the motor is connected to the car now. Can't see why Ford didn't fix this after the first year. Will be interesting to see if the 2018 has the same problem.
Except that the 2018 will not make it to the United States, right?

man im excited cant wait till mine gets here ill post the results (i removed my boomba) due to my head coming lose when at idle w/ the ac on.

There is a little vibration at idle with the a/c on with my 70. I have only had mine on a week so it might get a little smoother. The difference all the other times is more than worth it.

man how did you get it here so quickly? anyway extremely easy install and i am kinda a mechanical idiot. 1st impression at idle was thank you Jesus! even with the ac on vibration was very undetectable. again i removed a boomba due to way to much vibs (no fault to boomba) im just getting older and to OCD for that. but those looking for a nice upgrade you must go this route , in fact ford should really have gone this route. quality is top notch , and a huge bargain at the price whoosh offers ..buy it and be done.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I got mine in a few days too. Installed it in about 20 minutes. Sadly, I do have noticeable vibrations at idle but the shift performance is amazing. I'm hoping the mount breaks in soon. I got the "70" soft mount btw.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Installed the awr RMM this last weekend. Super easy. Build quality of the unit is awesome. Got the 70 durometer and yes there is a little vibration but it got rid of the clunky transmission feeling and noises. Well worth it. Glad this was one of my first mods. Highly recommend this and Whoosh Motorsports.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #78
Installed the awr RMM this last weekend. Super easy. Build quality of the unit is awesome. Got the 70 durometer and yes there is a little vibration but it got rid of the clunky transmission feeling and noises. Well worth it. Glad this was one of my first mods. Highly recommend this and Whoosh Motorsports.
thank you !

I appreciate the review and kind words![cheers]

I just got mine in today looks great, but i didnt expect the piece opposite the bracket to be zip tied down. all the other mounts i saw appeared one piece. Am i just too fresh to mods or am i missing something here?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #80
I just got mine in today looks great, but i didnt expect the piece opposite the bracket to be zip tied down. all the other mounts i saw appeared one piece. Am i just too fresh to mods or am i missing something here?
do you mean the aluminum spacer?
that's how they all are if that's what you mean.