Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW product : AWR rear motor mount with 70, 88, and 95 durometer bushing options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #81
bumping this for the holiday weekend.....

still the champ when it comes to choice of bushings and cost
use FIST5 coupon code to save 5% on this mount at checkout!

in stock and ready to go!

also just received a stocking order of POWERFLEX side engine mount inserts and exhaust hangers !

Bumping this thread with a review of my newly installed 88a AWR RMM. Thank you Ron @ Whoosh for getting this shipped the day of my order!

After just a few miles, these are simply my initial thoughts at the moment.

Let's start with vibrations since they are typically a big concern next to performance. At COLD start idle, vibrations are hardly noticeable. I'd easily say the car still idles 90-95% smooth as if the stock RMM is still there. Honestly, even with the AC on, my opinion is still true. Vibrations are a non-issue at idle. Upon take off/engaging first, that's when you feel the difference. The car will vibrate each blip of gas you give it to take off and is VERY noticeable.. Like.. Holy crap noticeable. Would I say this is a bad thing? Not at all. I know for a fact this mount will break in and feel much better after 500-1000 miles. If it doesn't break in, would I be mad? NO. Read below as to why..

Performance.. I'll keep this short and sweet. No longer do I have to baby clutch engagement to get smooth shifts. No longer do I dread the downshift into 2nd before a corner.. The car feels so much better connected to the point it honestly feels quicker. Between acceleration and deceleration, you feel 0 engine movement. It's so night and day different that if I got in 2 FiST's blindly, one with the stock RMM and one with the AWR, the first mod I would guess is that a stiff RMM like the AWR is installed. It seems lots of people played it safe and went for the 70a bushing, but the 88a seriously is not bad. I'd prefer the harder mount to ensure it does what it needs to. Many suggested against this, but I went with my gut feeling and thrilled that I did.

In summary, everyone should do a RMM. More specifically, everyone should do the AWR RMM because this piece is insane quality + provides durometer options. It bolted right up without a hitch after I realized how it needed to be oriented with its own, pretty bracket. I'm probably a novice or less, skill-wise, when it comes to installing car parts, and this was mind-blowingly easy lol.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #83
Bumping this thread with a review of my newly installed 88a AWR RMM. Thank you Ron @ Whoosh for getting this shipped the day of my order!

After just a few miles, these are simply my initial thoughts at the moment.

Let's start with vibrations since they are typically a big concern next to performance. At COLD start idle, vibrations are hardly noticeable. I'd easily say the car still idles 90-95% smooth as if the stock RMM is still there. Honestly, even with the AC on, my opinion is still true. Vibrations are a non-issue at idle. Upon take off/engaging first, that's when you feel the difference. The car will vibrate each blip of gas you give it to take off and is VERY noticeable.. Like.. Holy crap noticeable. Would I say this is a bad thing? Not at all. I know for a fact this mount will break in and feel much better after 500-1000 miles. If it doesn't break in, would I be mad? NO. Read below as to why..

Performance.. I'll keep this short and sweet. No longer do I have to baby clutch engagement to get smooth shifts. No longer do I dread the downshift into 2nd before a corner.. The car feels so much better connected to the point it honestly feels quicker. Between acceleration and deceleration, you feel 0 engine movement. It's so night and day different that if I got in 2 FiST's blindly, one with the stock RMM and one with the AWR, the first mod I would guess is that a stiff RMM like the AWR is installed. It seems lots of people played it safe and went for the 70a bushing, but the 88a seriously is not bad. I'd prefer the harder mount to ensure it does what it needs to. Many suggested against this, but I went with my gut feeling and thrilled that I did.

In summary, everyone should do a RMM. More specifically, everyone should do the AWR RMM because this piece is insane quality + provides durometer options. It bolted right up without a hitch after I realized how it needed to be oriented with its own, pretty bracket. I'm probably a novice or less, skill-wise, when it comes to installing car parts, and this was mind-blowingly easy lol.
great review and write up!
thank you![twothumb]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #84
best performing mount for your money without question!

optional bushing durometers!
and COMING SOON, optional colors

I just installed one of these with the 70 durometer and there's a hell of a lot of vibration over stock, like my dash vibrates at idle with the AC, its really noticeable when taking off from a stop. Hopefully I actually got 70 and thank goodness I didn't order the 88 like I was originally planning. Hopefully once it breaks in it'll calm down a bit. The sloppy 1-2 shift is much better now though and the quality is definitely top notch.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I've had my 70 for about 5k miles now and it's broken in nicely. Definitely still vibrates a little but very tolerable. When new mine was the same way. It shook the whole car and drove me nuts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #87
I just installed one of these with the 70 durometer and there's a hell of a lot of vibration over stock, like my dash vibrates at idle with the AC, its really noticeable when taking off from a stop. Hopefully I actually got 70 and thank goodness I didn't order the 88 like I was originally planning. Hopefully once it breaks in it'll calm down a bit. The sloppy 1-2 shift is much better now though and the quality is definitely top notch.
I've had my 70 for about 5k miles now and it's broken in nicely. Definitely still vibrates a little but very tolerable. When new mine was the same way. It shook the whole car and drove me nuts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thanks for posting guys
all feedback is welcome!

I personally run the 88a AWR
going from stock, or just like stock (COBB) to the AWR you will notice some NVH at first
The AWR also makes you re-learn to drive the car because the mount nearly eliminated all engine movement

but after a few months it definitely has broken in....

DEss

Possibly you would've been better off with the 88, if idle is the main gripe. My 88 idles like stock with and without ac on. The time it's noticable is while in gear and between idle and 1.5k rpm. And, it's VERY noticable in that range.

I'm interested in this mount because it's the softest durometer "complete" mount for the FiST. I am also considering Mountune and Cobb becaue I heard those are the softest in terms of NVH. Anyone tried both?

Would Whoosh/AWR consider just selling the bracket/spacer pieces to complete either of the other brand mounts? Might be a worthwhile option for folks who want to mix and match and not modify their stock bracket.

My last questions and sort of the biggest are about the fact that this is steel vs. the aluminum on other mounts - anyone know what the weight difference is? Also, despite the build quality being no-doubt high, does anyone think the mounts made from aluminum might have less weak points due to being a one-piece design rather than dog-bone with three pieces welded together?

Thanks for the insights - figured this thread would be the place to ask :)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #93
I'm interested in this mount because it's the softest durometer "complete" mount for the FiST. I am also considering Mountune and Cobb becaue I heard those are the softest in terms of NVH. Anyone tried both?

Would Whoosh/AWR consider just selling the bracket/spacer pieces to complete either of the other brand mounts? Might be a worthwhile option for folks who want to mix and match and not modify their stock bracket.

My last questions and sort of the biggest are about the fact that this is steel vs. the aluminum on other mounts - anyone know what the weight difference is? Also, despite the build quality being no-doubt high, does anyone think the mounts made from aluminum might have less weak points due to being a one-piece design rather than dog-bone with three pieces welded together?

Thanks for the insights - figured this thread would be the place to ask :)

The first statement of the AWR being the softest complete mount may not be accurate
Based on the durometer number alone quite possibly but from feedback and personal use and experiences the AWR 70a is a little stiffer than the Mountune and most definitely stiffer than the COBB mount.

Your second question I just flat out do not understand what you are asking and I'm truly sorry I don't. Maybe rephrase?
I can say that selling the mount in parts most likely isn't going to happen but the bushings are available separately if you message me. Around $35 each
For example if you started with 70a and want to go to the 88a, you can change it yourself which is a nice option.

If you want to upgrade your stock mount there are options available as well, POWERFLEX is available on the site to replace just the large bushing or you can replace both....if you want the mount to be a little stiffer

There is a pic of the AWR on a scale in this thread or one of the other AWR threads showing the weight.

The first statement of the AWR being the softest complete mount may not be accurate
Based on the durometer number alone quite possibly but from feedback and personal use and experiences the AWR 70a is a little stiffer than the Mountune and most definitely stiffer than the COBB mount.

Your second question I just flat out do not understand what you are asking and I'm truly sorry I don't. Maybe rephrase?
I can say that selling the mount in parts most likely isn't going to happen but the bushings are available separately if you message me. Around $35 each
For example if you started with 70a and want to go to the 88a, you can change it yourself which is a nice option.

If you want to upgrade your stock mount there are options available as well, POWERFLEX is available on the site to replace just the large bushing or you can replace both....if you want the mount to be a little stiffer

There is a pic of the AWR on a scale in this thread or one of the other AWR threads showing the weight.
What I mean by "complete mount" is one that comes with the bracket rather than one that requires modification of the stock bracket (seems like AWR is softer than the other brands that include the bracket, CPe, Boomba, etc.). Second question is just in reference to that bracket piece and if it could be sold to be paired with another brand's mount. The cobb and mountune don't come with a bracket from what I've seen.

My bit of hesitancy comes from 2 factors - the weight (although small) of the AWR's steel construction vs. aluminum of the other brands and the fact that those other brands are one pieces designs rather than multiple pieces welded together.

Thanks for the reply and thoughts!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #95
What I mean by "complete mount" is one that comes with the bracket rather than one that requires modification of the stock bracket (seems like AWR is softer than the other brands that include the bracket, CPe, Boomba, etc.). Second question is just in reference to that bracket piece and if it could be sold to be paired with another brand's mount. The cobb and mountune don't come with a bracket from what I've seen.

My bit of hesitancy comes from 2 factors - the weight (although small) of the AWR's steel construction vs. aluminum of the other brands and the fact that those other brands are one pieces designs rather than multiple pieces welded together.

Thanks for the reply and thoughts!

now I understand what you are asking - sorry about that

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
bump for a great RMM from a great vendor. i've put another 5k on my car and it's broken in very nicely. doesn't buzz at all anymore.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I recently installed the 70. It's a nice piece at a great price. Definitely softer than my cp-e for daily use.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #98
thank you for all the feedback on these everyone!

AWR has made up side mounts to compliment their popular rear motor mount

I'll post up more details as they are available

I haven't posted on this forum in a long time, but I purchases 88a mount and some H&R lowering springs from Whoosh and I must say that you are an awesome seller! The mount was a little more stiff than I expected, but way that it has changed how my power is delivered and how much better shifting is, I recommend this mount to anyone who is thinking about purchasing one. You can't beat it for the price!

redmoe

Hey Ron just ordered one of these. Could you confirm the torque spec for the bolts? I have seen different values around but 50 ftlbs seems to be the most common? Thanks