Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW product : AWR rear motor mount with 70, 88, and 95 durometer bushing options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Tony from AWR and I go way back to the early days of Mazdaspeed dogbone mounts and custom length sway bar links for the SRT-4's
After seeing a member post about his Fiesta ST rear motor mount I connected with an old friend and decided to bring in some of these mounts

This could be a mini group buy so to speak for FREE SHIPPING if we can sell 10 mounts
I'll refund shipping when we reach 8 mounts

Other than that, I have the mounts listed on the site and can be purchased using the 5% coupon code as usual "FIST5"

Link to purchase: https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/awr-rear-motor-mount-2014-2017-fiesta-st

quick write up on the mount:

2014 - 2017 Ford Fiesta fitment

New design lower dog bone motor / transmission mount. Helps to decrease wheel hop and improve shifting. Shifting gears becomes more crisp and precise.

Comes in 3 different durometer bushings.

70 [ soft ]

88 [ medium ]

95 [ hard / not recommended for street use] *perfect for track days and auto crossing.

Fabricated steel body, powder coated silver with Energy Suspension Urethane bushings.

You are doing great things for the platform...I need to order one of these. How long have they been tested for?

I know I'm gonna give this a whirl but I can't decide if I want the medium or hard durometer rating. [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] what's your opinion? Keep in mind I already have 90a filled engine/transmission mounts and I'm throwing X-47 power at it.

I know I'm gonna give this a whirl but I can't decide if I want the medium or hard durometer rating. [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] what's your opinion? Keep in mind I already have 90a filled engine/transmission mounts and I'm throwing X-47 power at it.
Also wondering what's the best feel for a daily driver with some aggressive driving here there ...70 or 88

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
try the 88
if it's not enough for you, I'll send the 95

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
Also wondering what's the best feel for a daily driver with some aggressive driving here there ...70 or 88
I would wager MOST people would opt for the 70a

I saw this the other day and was interested but... I wanted to wait for the other mounts you were working on.

Now I don't wave to wait! thanks Ron! Placing an order right now, getting an 88. I'll keep everyone updated after I get it installed.

KKaWing

70a breaks in after less than a week. Idle with a/c on can still be felt through the seat but it is very minor. You can still make it wheel hop in the rain with the 70a, but if you keep off full boost in first gear (with a stratified tune), it is limited to minor pitter patter.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
I saw this the other day and was interested but... I wanted to wait for the other mounts you were working on.

Now I don't wave to wait! thanks Ron! Placing an order right now, getting an 88. I'll keep everyone updated after I get it installed.
Awesome!!!!!!!!
please update the thread when installed - many thanks

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
What durometer would compare to the CPE rmm?
really tough to say
these are poly bushings and cp-e uses EPDM

If I had to guess and say which was closest but NOT identical, the 88a

I'm definitely interested, but still pretty new to the Fiesta game, is there any modification/fab needed to make this fit or is it just take the old one off and bolt this one on?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #19
Should I order today or can we be expecting a Memorial Day sale popping up ;)
this is as cheap as I can sell them
I've already refunded shipping on some orders when ordered with 2 or 3 other items
Just ordered the 70 version! Can't wait to try it out.
thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm definitely interested, but still pretty new to the Fiesta game, is there any modification/fab needed to make this fit or is it just take the old one off and bolt this one on?
no modifications
unbolt stock
bolt this one in its place

very easy!

Ok, got my mount in the mail this morning, and installed it right after work. First, the package shipped direct from AWR (ordered through Whoosh) which is legit, no middle-man BS or delay in shipping. Install was much easier than I thought, and not including the time it took to jack the car up onto jack stands and remove the wheels (was doing brakes and oil as well), it only took maybe 20 minutes to remove the stock RMM and install the AWR mount. All you need for install (besides jack and stands or ramps) is a ratchet, 13mm socket (deep well preferred), and an extension, but you could get by without an extension. Only six bolts needed to be undone, then you drop the factory RMM and bracket, and replace it with the new one. There are many videos on this, just use the Google or You Tube and you'll be good to go. It really is much easier than I thought it would be going into the swap.

After starting it up, I honestly forgot that I had installed it (did oil last) and was listening for any weird noises that would indicate a botched oil job (like leaving the drain plug out, had a buddy do that), and kind of freaked out because the car seemed to idle rough. Like I said, I freaked out a bit, all for about 1/10 seconds until I realized what else I had done and was good to go from there. I installed the 88A durometer version. There are definitely more vibrations at idle and while taking off (anything under 1500rpm), but it isn't significant at all. If you have an exhaust that's any louder than stock at idle, you likely wouldn't notice too much anyways. This is one of those things you have to realize when buying an RMM though. If you think the vibrations will bother you, get the softer version which will still be a vast improvement over stock and much better than the version I ordered. Hard launches and shifting feel much better now, no more clunk when shifting from 1-2.